•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I don’t need congratulating on watching football. I just enjoy seeing all the amazing athletes our state produces. Congrats on the State Championship and the should be Mr. Football.

No reason to congratulate me. I haven’t played in a state title game in more than 20 years. I will certainly relay your well wishes to big mike the next time I see him in church....but I think we all know he’s not going to win the mr football award.

Congrats to both teams for a phenomenal season. I have no quarrel with anyone here, just trying to demonstrate the absurdity by being absurd. Water under the bridge.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No, what I meant by saying he has more important things to do right now was that he's busy being with his boys after this tough loss. All those Boyle County players had alot of pressure on them to win a state championship. Especially after all those expectations were put on them. Man, you know that has to be a heavy burden to carry through the season and then losing in the championship. That can't be healthy.
Glowing character references notwithstanding, there is no excuse for FoSho's obnoxious, rude, arrogant, and insulting posts during this entire season. If I had posted the things that he did, engaged in personal attacks against other members who disagreed with me, and then whined to the moderators when my targets defended themselves, then I might also be embarrassed to show up after Boyle County's loss.

I watched the post games interviews of several Boyle County players after a couple of regular season games and I was very impressed with the maturity and class that all of the players conducted themselves during the interviews.. Boyle County fans should be very proud of the way that this Boyle County team handled themselves on and off the field.

It is unfortunate that so many teams have one or two fans (or administrators) who cannot match the high standards of their favorite team's players and coaches.

Good luck and congratulations to all of the seniors who played for both Boyle County and Johnson Central this season and provided so many outstanding performances to lead their teams to so much success.
For what it is worth, Johnson Central finishes in the Calpreps ratings currently as the #4 overall team in Kentucky and #276 Nationally.

By my counts this is the highest a mountain team has ever finished since these ratings have been ran. Previously, Belfry had the highest finish with the 2015 team who finished #4 overall in Kentucky and #336 nationally.

Johnson Central’s previous high water mark was #5 overall in Kentucky and #373 nationally in 2016, but that comes with an asterisk as they finished ahead of Belfry who beat them in the regular season finale that year.

Regardless, a truly special JC team and one of the best teams to come from EKY.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Glowing character references notwithstanding, there is no excuse for FoSho's obnoxious, rude, arrogant, and insulting posts during this entire season. If I had posted the things that he did, engaged in personal attacks against other members who disagreed with me, and then whined to the moderators when my targets defended themselves, then I might also be embarrassed to show up after Boyle County's loss.

I watched the post games interviews of several Boyle County players after a couple of regular season games and I was very impressed with the maturity and class that all of the players conducted themselves during the interviews.. Boyle County fans should be very proud of the way that this Boyle County team handled themselves on and off the field.

It is unfortunate that so many teams have one or two fans (or administrators) who cannot match the high standards of their favorite team's players and coaches.

Good luck and congratulations to all of the seniors who played for both Boyle County and Johnson Central this season and provided so many outstanding performances to lead their teams to so much success.

Not all is dads are that way man. JC deserved thw win and the rings. Proud of those young men and their fight and never quit attitude. Very fun team to watch. Our boys are incredible boys and young men and have been for years. They aren't on here there life is every game on the field. They do t talk crap they show up and play ball. Fell short to a great JC team that I enjoyed watching even with a loss.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Glowing character references notwithstanding, there is no excuse for FoSho's obnoxious, rude, arrogant, and insulting posts during this entire season. If I had posted the things that he did, engaged in personal attacks against other members who disagreed with me, and then whined to the moderators when my targets defended themselves, then I might also be embarrassed to show up after Boyle County's loss.

Yeah, they have GREAT kids and a really talented team. Most of the time even the administration is all class, or so I thought. I was shocked at their rally earlier in the week. That was classless what a couple of the admins said about Johnson County people. I expected much more. That was stereotyping at it's best. I hope they are reprimanded somehow. That was very uncalled for.
Hound05 Wrote:Let’s see if we can’t redirect a tad.

I know what BC has lost and has coming back. Probably wouldn’t consider them a title threat next year but strange things happen.

What does JC lose and have returning?
I believe that Coach Matney recently said that Johnson Central loses one senior from the OL and DL. They lose seniors Ryley Preece, Devin Johnson, Cody Rice, and Bryce Tackett (starting fullback who was injured in the Belfry game and missed the playoffs) - but they return junior Dillon Preston, freshman Mason Lawson, and sophomore QB Grant Rice. They also return junior TE Zach Russell.

My guess is that JC will get off to a slower start next season but should be very good again by the playoffs. The line will be very experienced but the backfield will be talented but young. Corbin and Wayne County will probably both be much improved next season and the biggest threats to keep Johnson Central out of their sixth consecutive state championship game.
WSIP 98.9 has their complete broadcast of the game on their website in the archives. Coverage starts late in the 4th qtr. of the Mayfield vs. Somerset game.... and we all know how that one ends.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Has anyone checked on FoSho lately? LMAO.... The same one that challenged folks here a few years ago bout BC going undefeated and which or any team will beat them. Corbin and JC brother, as I EXPECTED IT. Perhaps a new batch of "Woodlawn cough cough" will emerge and make another run in a few years. Congrats JC
Woodsman Wrote:Come on man, the guy wasn’t just passionate....he was arrogant and condescending. Downright pompous. I personally find that very unbecoming and weak.

You are correct and very ON POINT.
So who is gonna be boyles new OC?
Now that I've had some time to let this set in.... here are some thoughts about the game.

JC's senior leadership at every position group paid off Saturday night. JC never looked flustered or had the body language that they were playing for 2nd place. At halftime, JC ran in to the locker room while Boyle Co. had a fast walk.

JC had the biggest crowd we've ever brought to the state finals.
2015 was late on a Sunday night @ WKU.
2016 was on a Sunday, but the weather gave us a cold rain/snow mix @ WKU.
2017 was on a Saturday, but the crowd was decent.
2018 was on a Saturday, but in a monsoon.
This past Saturday evening was P E R F E C T weather for a football game. Slight chill in the air, partly cloudy skies, game time was perfect. Didn't have to leave Johnsonville super-early and didn't get back home crazy late. The team got to travel back home on the same night and have a celebration with the community.

To say I didn't shed a few tears Saturday night when the football came rolling out on the ground on Boyle County's last 4th down play would be an understatement.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Ballbuster Wrote:You’re correct in saying that I caught the sarcasm. The sarcastic “Merry Christmas” sparked my comment. I’m sure he is proud of his son and the fact that he helped his team win two championship titles. I’m as equally as proud of my son and our team for winning this year’s state championship title. I however, refuse to sit by and read snide comments from a bunch of butt hurt people. “Merry Christmas” was intended to sound as if Boyle county gave us a gift. I hate to break it to you guys, but this was EARNED not GIFTED.

I added the Merry Christmas after my congratulations because I hadn't planned on looking at this thread again until after the Christmas break. I didn't want to write a long drawn out post because I've been depressed about the outcome. I am happy to admit that. It was neither meant as snide or sarcastic. JC was a very very good football team and earned their victory by outplaying the Rebels !!!!! I am a fan of the Rebels before the season starts and I am a fan when the season ends, no matter the outcome of the last game. What I am quickly learning is that I care way too much about the outcome of high school football games. As JC celebrates my attention turns to the coaching situation at Boyle and how it might be changing. Again, congrats to the victors.
64black&gold Wrote:I added the Merry Christmas after my congratulations because I hadn't planned on looking at this thread again until after the Christmas break. I didn't want to write a long drawn out post because I've been depressed about the outcome. I am happy to admit that. It was neither meant as snide or sarcastic. JC was a very very good football team and earned their victory by outplaying the Rebels !!!!! I am a fan of the Rebels before the season starts and I am a fan when the season ends, no matter the outcome of the last game. What I am quickly learning is that I care way too much about the outcome of high school football games. As JC celebrates my attention turns to the coaching situation at Boyle and how it might be changing. Again, congrats to the victors.

But have you seen or heard from FoSho... Most of us here would like to see/ hear his 2 cents. Get him back on here please.
Hound05 Wrote:Still puzzles me why they done that. Especially for the future after this class graduates. 3A would have been a whole lot easier. I always heard a rumor that they did it to keep the rivalry with lex cath and they were trying to avoid CAL. to me that don’t make sense. CAL has dropped off. I don’t see smith avoiding anyone, if it was his decision anyways. Plus, Corbin, JC, central. The next few years that will be a gauntlet compared to CAL. So I dunno?? I never believed it to be true, but still puzzling

If Boyle was avoiding CAL, why did they schedule them this year?

Chuck wanted to keep the Lex Cath rivalry and wanted the competition I believe.
Hatz Wrote:If Boyle was avoiding CAL, why did they schedule them this year?

Let's be honest, there is NO COMPETITION with Lex Cath. LC might have a small run a few years back, but there isn't really anything there to gain by moving up or down with LC. LC will never match up talent wise with BC.
FBfan4life Wrote:Let's be honest, there is NO COMPETITION with Lex Cath. LC might have a small run a few years back, but there isn't really anything there to gain by moving up or down with LC. LC will never match up talent wise with BC.

It's a rivalry. A rivalry that dates back to the late 90's. :Thumbs:

Rivalries often lead to Big Gates. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:If Boyle was avoiding CAL, why did they schedule them this year?

I don’t think Boyle was avoiding CAL or anyone else, Central may have been avoiding CAL and DeSales both and I don’t blame them...That being said most people don’t understand the heated rivalry between Boyle and Lex Cath they assume Danville is the bigger rivalry...
Hound05 Wrote:Let’s see if we can’t redirect a tad.

I know what BC has lost and has coming back. Probably wouldn’t consider them a title threat next year but strange things happen.

What does JC lose and have returning?

If the starter rosters are correct:

Boyle returns 4 of 5 on the OLine.

They return 3 receivers who played but only one that started.

Will McDaniel returns to the RB spot.

Defense took the biggest hit. They return two in the Line and a couple in the Backfield who played significant minutes.

Of course they return 2 Division 1 Prospects. Their Kicker and Tommy Ziesmer at DEnd.

It will be a rebuild as one can only expect but the cupboard is not totally bare. :Thumbs:
FBfan4life Wrote:Let's be honest, there is NO COMPETITION with Lex Cath. LC might have a small run a few years back, but there isn't really anything there to gain by moving up or down with LC. LC will never match up talent wise with BC.

Lex Cath is private, I wouldn’t say they’ll never match up talent wise, the right administration comes in with the right boosters (with deep pockets) and a talent level can change over night just look at Frederick Douglas...

BTW, my response about competition was from the other teams in 4A. You know: Johnson Central, Corbin, Central, et al.

I am so glad someone else seen this! Can't stand that guy! What a punk! Most likely the kid who always got a 15 yarder when his team was down by 40 in highschool!
Hatz Wrote:It's a rivalry. A rivalry that dates back to the late 90's. :Thumbs:

Rivalries often lead to Big Gates. :Thumbs:

Big gates, I'll agree :letsparty money money money lol, but this series has been lopsided for years. Like I told FoSho over and over in the past, LC's biggest rivalry is within their district ie. Lafayette and/ or LCA. They play each other twice in every athletics we can think. Of course football is just once. Tho they may not play every year (contract issue) but when they do, it's a BIG deal Lafayette (backyard brawl) LCA the (holy war) and both schools are less than 1 mile apart. BIG GATE lol.
FBfan4life Wrote:But have you seen or heard from FoSho... Most of us here would like to see/ hear his 2 cents. Get him back on here please.

I don't actually know who he is. I do know who some of the Rebel posters are but not all of them. Besides, he doesn't like me.
single shot Wrote:Lex Cath is private, I wouldn’t say they’ll never match up talent wise, the right administration comes in with the right boosters (with deep pockets) and a talent level can change over night just look at Frederick Douglas...

Sorry bro, I have ties with FCPS and FD University is A LOT different as far as getting players in their system. I can explain later if you want. As far as deep pockets and right administration, when was the last time LC was relevant? 2016 when they to the final and got crushed by Belfry maybe? They product nice players occasionally (ie. Beau Allen, Kyle Bolin, Reese Ryan) That deep pocket you speak, must have a hole in it lol, cause if that's the case LC would have numerous title like BC, Trinity, BG. Mayfield etc etc. But listen ya'll lets not hijack the post... This thread about JC winning the Ship
FBfan4life Wrote:Sorry bro, I have ties with FCPS and FD University is A LOT different as far as getting players in their system. I can explain later if you want. As far as deep pockets and right administration, when was the last time LC was relevant? 2016 when they to the final and got crushed by Belfry maybe? They product nice players occasionally (ie. Beau Allen, Kyle Bolin, Reese Ryan) That deep pocket you speak, must have a hole in it lol, cause if that's the case LC would have numerous title like BC, Trinity, BG. Mayfield etc etc. But listen ya'll lets not hijack the post... This thread about JC winning the Ship

I’d say last time they were relevant was somewhere in the 05-07 time frame, It’s not a big deal to me everyone has their opinion, I know they won a couple or 3 state titles at one time no reason they couldn’t do it again...maybe it’s a coaching issue but all that matters is Boyle Co and them are hell bent on playing each other so it’s no skin of my cheeks...
64black&gold Wrote:I don't actually know who he is. I do know who some of the Rebel posters are but not all of them. Besides, he doesn't like me.

I know FoSho, off of this forum he’s a great person but there’s been times that I didn’t understand some of his Posts however I think towards the end of the season he toned it down somewhat but I’ll let him know y’all miss him.
single shot Wrote:I’d say last time they were relevant was somewhere in the 05-07 time frame, It’s not a big deal to me everyone has their opinion, I know they won a couple or 3 state titles at one time no reason they couldn’t do it again...maybe it’s a coaching issue but all that matters is Boyle Co and them are hell bent on playing each other so it’s no skin of my cheeks...

They have 2 and the 3rd trip was a crushing defeat to the GREAT Belfry team.
Come on people the man just had two kids on the same team lose in the state championship, did he say some stuff that he shouldn’t have yep sure he did, but then again most of you are doing the same thing right now, everyone gets their piece of humble pie sooner or later, all of this ain’t making it taste any different...
single shot Wrote:Come on people the man just had two kids on the same team lose in the state championship, did he say some stuff that he shouldn’t have yep sure he did, but then again most of you are doing the same thing right now, everyone gets their piece of humble pie sooner or later, all of this ain’t making it taste any different...

Sometimes it takes us being humbled as parents and fans for us to be enlightened.
single shot Wrote:Come on people the man just had two kids on the same team lose in the state championship, did he say some stuff that he shouldn’t have yep sure he did, but then again most of you are doing the same thing right now, everyone gets their piece of humble pie sooner or later, all of this ain’t making it taste any different...

If they would have won, he would have had no mercy tooting his own horn!!! can't blame folks for wanting to feed him his portion of Crow. anyways its a message board so we all act a little different than we do in person.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next