•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20
Jack Lambert Wrote:Jackson Smith kicked 50 yard plus field goals against Corbin in a middle school title game 45 yds is well within his range and believe me there’s a lot of Boyle fans wanting to know why they didn’t try a field goal.

Head scratcher for me as well Jack. I just knew after the Rebels didn't convert on the 3rd down that left a 4th and 2 with 15 seconds left, I believe, that Coach Smith would send in his awesome kicker to win the game. I told my buddy that this game is over. JC had let the Rebels get to close and Boyle will nail the FG for the win. To say I was shocked when he kept his offense on the field is an understatement.

But who knows what was going on down on the sidelines. Maybe Coach Smith saw or knew something that wasn't apparent to us, the fans, and thought the percentages were better to go for the 1st down instead of the FG. It's so easy for us to sit back and judge these coaches and players from the stands or on a cell phone but I just wonder how well any of us would do in that type of pressure situation.

So, while it's a head scratcher to me as to why he didn't go for the FG, I'm not about to sit here and judge the man for making the call he did when I have no clue what was going on or what his thought process was. None of us do. I wonder what the comments would be like if it worked out the way he intended it to? I bet then no one would be questioning his decision. But at the end of the day, it was his call and he has to live with it. And I'm sure he made the best decision he possibly could for his team to give them a shot to win the game.
Congrats JC
Redneck Wrote:If you think Johnson Central played a perfect game, then you know absolutely nothing about them. I asked in the prediction thread if Boyle County had some players hurt last year for them not to win 3A, or did they get that much better for all of the predictions for them to win 4A. I thought it was a legit question. Most of the replies were that they got that much better since last year. Hell some even tried saying they were the best team in the state, all classes. Both teams made mistakes that I’m sure were very uncharacteristic, I know some of JC’s were. To say JC pretty much played a perfect game and Boyle didn’t is pretty much a slap in the face to the program that just made their 5th straight Finals appearance.
Thank you!! I said the same thing!
know1 Wrote:Then why didn't they let him kick it for the win?

Count me as another who wondered the same thing. As someone who lives far away in Marshall County, and is a big Mayfield fan I know 4 things about Boyle County.
1 Boyle County is where Danville is.
2 Boyle County has a strong football program the last couple decades
3 Boyle County is a beast this year that has been steamrolling teams
4. Boyle Coulnty has the best kicker this state will probably ever see.

Forgive me folks if I'm misspelling things. Habent drank in awhile, but earlier events today forced me to get out that 6 pack that's been in the fridge for 3 months.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Jackson Smith kicked 50 yard plus field goals against Corbin in a middle school title game 45 yds is well within his range and believe me there’s a lot of Boyle fans wanting to know why they didn’t try a field goal.

Is the Lasalle kid a Senior or Sophomore?
The kicker kicked a 50 yarder in middle school didn’t he? Why didn’t he kick that?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Here’s a question I’ve yet to see anyone pose. Was this class overrated or is chuck smith not as good as once thought?

I personally think this Boyle class was very special and talented. We’re they blown up by some past their actual potential? Absolutely! But they were still very very talented.

Coach smith on the other hand has now lost two years in a row with this monster class. To me, because of questionable coaching. Is he still a legend? Oh yea! Without a doubt!! Was he too put high up the pedestal? YEP!

I hate to bring one or the other down in anyway, and I won’t! But it’s honestly got to be one or the other. I’ve followed these kids for 3 years now since they beat us in the title game, I know what they possess. I’m just curious about that specific question and honest opinions about it....
single shot Wrote:It only takes a couple to ruin it for an entire fan base, every one remembers the couple ass clowns but never the ones like Hatz, Jack Lambert, etc that have been on here consistently showing class even after losing...congrats to the Eagles and the Jumpers ( I’ll admit never thought you all had anything for Mayfield)...What a day of football definitely wish I’d made the trip to Lexington to watch these two games, they’ll be talked about years from now...

I made that mistake as well buddy. I wished to God now that I would have stayed in Lexington another day and watched these two games. Both were as advertised. But I will say this, if I had put money on either game, I'd lost the shirt off my back! 😂
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Bingo.id say partly because the missed XP. Partly because of arrogance by BC.

Curious. What’s the difference between arrogance and confidence ?
Who is 65 for Johnson Central and is he going to play college ball next year?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Piratefan#40 Wrote:I love it Boyle got smacked in the mouth maybe u will learn next time to keep ur mouths shut btw that’s 3 trophies brought back to the mountains we r the kings pirates panthers and the golden eagles

Plus 2 state runner's up in Paintsville and Bell Co.

What I fear, is that sooner or later the rest of the state will catch up to the level of holler ball.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Only had to count to 21

hahaha, This has to be, without a doubt, the most "liked" quote in the history of Bluegrassrivals.
Congrats to JC. Great win for a great program!
Westside Wrote:Yeah, we all know Johnson Central didn't win this game. Boyle County had to give it to them. Right?

You had to know it was coming.Confusednicker:
Hound05 Wrote:Here’s a question I’ve yet to see anyone pose. Was this class overrated or is chuck smith not as good as once thought?

I personally think this Boyle class was very special and talented. We’re they blown up by some past their actual potential? Absolutely! But they were still very very talented.

Coach smith on the other hand has now lost two years in a row with this monster class. To me, because of questionable coaching. Is he still a legend? Oh yea! Without a doubt!! Was he too put high up the pedestal? YEP!

I hate to bring one or the other down in anyway, and I won’t! But it’s honestly got to be one or the other. I’ve followed these kids for 3 years now since they beat us in the title game, I know what they possess. I’m just curious about that specific question and honest opinions about it....

Coach smith has nothing to do with the offense from what I have been told . That is where the questionable coaching has been.
I think the decision to not kick the FG was symbolic of the theme of the night.

Boyle repeatedly chose to go for the “statement play” rather the higher percentage decision that was consistently available. Confidence, arrogance, scouting? I can’t tell you one way or the other... but the impression I got was the Boyle staff was planning for a head turning win and schemed that way until the final kneel down.

Boyle had five yards a carry and Colewick was unstoppable on intermediate passes with Lanter’s quick release and impeccable accuracy. All the deep low percentage throws worked in JCs favor.
Hatz Wrote:Is the Lasalle kid a Senior or Sophomore?

Jackson Smith is a sophomore.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Coach smith has nothing to do with the offense from what I have been told . That is where the questionable coaching has been.

Really? I did not know that. Well that changes some things for me at least. Thanks for the info
Spud6 Wrote:Who is 65 for Johnson Central and is he going to play college ball next year?

Grant Bingham. In the 10th grade
Nygfan106wins Wrote:Grant Bingham. In the 10th grade

You’re joking?
#BBFL
Patriot1 Wrote:It was a video of a Boyle County principle that said the kids from the hollows of are area couldn’t count to a hundred but it is on that thread in a video

He just didn't say "the hollers" , he specified Johnson Co.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think the decision to not kick the FG was symbolic of the theme of the night.

Boyle repeatedly chose to go for the “statement play” rather the higher percentage decision that was consistently available. Confidence, arrogance, scouting? I can’t tell you one way or the other... but the impression I got was the Boyle staff was planning for a head turning win and schemed that way until the final kneel down.

Boyle has five yards a carry and Colewick was unstoppable on intermediate passes with Lanter’s quick release and impeccable accuracy. All the deep low percentage throws worked in JCs favor.

I agree JC gave Boyle the 5-8 yard pass all night and Boyle got greedy.
Spud6 Wrote:You’re joking?

Nope. 🙀
Spud6 Wrote:Who is 65 for Johnson Central and is he going to play college ball next year?

He will be playing ball at JC next year. And the next year. Scary.
Spud6 Wrote:You’re joking?
If I am not mistaken his brother is at Marshall.

Kid is going to be a big time player.
Nygfan106wins Wrote:Grant Bingham. In the 10th grade

My goodness. He’s going places if he can stay in shape and continue to improve.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Boyle has five yards a carry and Colewick was unstoppable on intermediate passes with Lanter’s quick release and impeccable accuracy. All the deep low percentage throws worked in JCs favor.

THIS!!!!!! It blows my mind. Boyle might not get the yardage on runs like they normally have been accustomed to, but every play seemed like a pass the whole game. And as I mentioned before like you did, the other side of the field with colwick was ALL DAY. But rarely ever thrown that way. If you look at the drive log for Boyle it tells the story you just did. They were successful getting 5-7 yards a majority of the time, and then they’d take a shot down the field to a double covered smith twice in a row and then punt??!! I just don’t get it.
Nygfan106wins Wrote:Nope. 🙀

AngryMob Wrote:He will be playing ball at JC next year. And the next year. Scary.

Fellas. Get Stoops in the line. A lot has been talked about who the best player on the field was today and Preece and Lanter were everyone’s picks. 65 was the one I had my eye on the whole game. Kid was laying pancakes and was running down field blocking. He’s only a sophomore? That’s terrifying to think what he’ll be like in two years.
#BBFL
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If I am not mistaken his brother is at Marshall.

Kid is going to be a big time player.

He was the best player on the field in my opinion. If you consider the position that’s played. He was the best player on the field in my opinion. Or at least most dominant.
#BBFL
As I set here, my heart breaks for the players from Boyle. We have been there and that hurt is true pain. I also hate it for fosho and big jack first class guys who love their program. Congrats to JC and they at the end done what I said they needed to win. STOP the HOMERUN plays. Hell of season and high school careers guys. WYMT mountains teams 4-0 and at the end that’ means something to me.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next