• Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry@Desales 11/29 3A State Semis
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
pjdoug Wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Same to you!
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Pirates! Safe travels either tonight or tomorrow. Watch the troopers on I64. lol. Take it easy on our guys tomorrow night.
Good luck this Friday night Belfry and a happy thanksgiving TongueirateSho
Buc-Is This 730 Kickoff And Eastern Time Still or Central
We will still be in the Eastern Zone....730.
To help pass the time before game day. Rank these Belfry fullbacks in your order of preference.

1. Dustin May
2. Charlie Dotson
3. Trey Willis
4. Austin Hatfield
5. Derek Wellman
AngryMob Wrote:To help pass the time before game day. Rank these Belfry fullbacks in your order of preference.

1. Dustin May
2. Charlie Dotson
3. Trey Willis
4. Austin Hatfield
5. Derek Wellman

This is a hard list to make. I'll go:
1. Wellman
2. Hatfield
3. Dotson
4. May (I think he was better at halfback)
5. Willis
I'd also like to see people rank an entire backfield the Pirates have had throughout the years. How does this years compare to the Howard and Jones backfield as well as the Wellman, Hunter, Catron backfield and the Dotson, May, Lee/Varney backfield? But let's not forget none of these backs would have been as successful as they were if it wasnt for those great offensive lines they have.
AngryMob Wrote:To help pass the time before game day. Rank these Belfry fullbacks in your order of preference.

1. Dustin May
2. Charlie Dotson
3. Trey Willis
4. Austin Hatfield
5. Derek Wellman
Hatfield
Wellman
Willis
Dotson
May

Willis and Dotson could be interchangeable
skully03 Wrote:Hatfield
Wellman
Willis
Dotson
May

Willis and Dotson could be interchangeable

This is how I would rank it
As others have said, I hope Pirate Nation has a safe, relaxing drive up to the city.

Enjoy the food. Stay dry. Cheer loudly. Have a great time.
Last year FB!! The best to wear a Pirates uniform.. Maybe the best LB to play at Belfry..
Coach Haywood could answer that one for us.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Nobody is going to block him one on one, in my opinion. Hopefully Coach will give however he lines up in front of some TE or RB help. Because if he don't, Scott will live in our backfield.

And I'm not throwing off on any of the Pirate linemen either. NOBODY on our line could contain him all night by themselves. The kid is a beast. Same goes for #53 Watkins at DT and the other DE #87. The Belfry O-Line better play the best game they've ever played or it could be a long night for the Pirates.
Don’t be some humble. I watched a 2017 belfry team come back from putting up a goose egg in the first half, completely dominate the 2nd, mostly because of their line adjustments. Don’t know about this year, but that was some of the best trap plays I’ve seen on the HS level. Those types of plays could basically neutralize him if ran correctly. Belfrys Line is big enough that if they are just able to seal their blocks, they’ll be ok.

1. Dustin May
2. Charlie Dotson
3. Trey Willis
4. Austin Hatfield
5. Derek Wellman

I’ve watched wellman play. Seems like I remember a Dotson as well. But if any of the rest were better than wellman, well...... I’m glad We didn’t have to go against them
Hound05 Wrote:I’ve watched wellman play. Seems like I remember a Dotson as well. But if any of the rest were better than wellman, well...... I’m glad We didn’t have to go against them

Amen to that. Wellman was the toughest kid on the field any Friday he played.
Hound05 Wrote:I’ve watched wellman play. Seems like I remember a Dotson as well. But if any of the rest were better than wellman, well...... I’m glad We didn’t have to go against them

Austin Dotson was #61. He was one of the 4 division one lineman. He's at Kentucky now. Charlie Dotson graduated in 2009. I don't believe they were any relation.

1. Dustin May
2. Charlie Dotson
3. Trey Willis
4. Austin Hatfield
5. Derek Wellman

Hatfield
Wellman
May
Willis
Dotson
irishcard16 Wrote:Hatfield
Wellman
May
Willis
Dotson

Wellman
Hatfield
May
Dotson - Willis
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Wellman
Hatfield
May
Dotson - Willis

Doug Howard Was In That Top Five I’m Sure Of That........The Guy Had The Best Stiff Arm I’ve Ever Seen A HS Player Have & Use.........LOL.......Just My Opinion........

Go Big Red
PirateNation71 Wrote:Doug Howard Was In That Top Five I’m Sure Of That........The Guy Had The Best Stiff Arm I’ve Ever Seen A HS Player Have & Use.........LOL.......Just My Opinion........

Go Big Red

Howard was a hb wasn’t he? Maynard was the FB I believe
PirateNation71 Wrote:Doug Howard Was In That Top Five I’m Sure Of That........The Guy Had The Best Stiff Arm I’ve Ever Seen A HS Player Have & Use.........LOL.......Just My Opinion........

Go Big Red

Doug Howard was a halfback. He's the best back ever at Belfry imo. David Jones is a close second and a was a better college prospect but Howard is the best back to put on the red and white IMO. If you never got a chance to watch the 03/04 Belfry teams then I'm sorry. Gary Childers was the fullback on those teams but the fullback wasn't utilized then like it is now for Belfry.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Howard was a hb wasn’t he? Maynard was the FB I believe

Howard was a HB my bad but wow the guy was something to watch for a high school football player........Awesome!!
We can play the RB game too... rank ‘em

1. Doug Howard
2. David Jones
3. Dustin May (played both)
4. Matt Maynard
5. Thomas Varney
6. Justin Johnson
7. X Willis
8. Taveon Hunter
9. Cameron Catron
10. Isaac Dixon

Not any slight to anyone I didn’t list, just picked 10 that came to mind.
AngryMob Wrote:We can play the RB game too... rank ‘em

1. Doug Howard
2. David Jones
4. Matt Maynard
5. Thomas Varney
6. Justin Johnson
7. X Willis
8. Taveon Hunter
9. Cameron Catron
10. Isaac Dixon

They are so many greats,what about Mickey Scott went on to play for Morehead State I think it was but dropped out.......

They was a Oliver seems that was a decent running back also back in the day!!

Would have liked to see Doug Webb carry a few back in the day lololol, The guy was one mean dude and just his looks alone would scare ya to death.......lol
AngryMob Wrote:We can play the RB game too... rank ‘em

1. Doug Howard
2. David Jones
4. Matt Maynard
5. Thomas Varney
6. Justin Johnson
7. X Willis
8. Taveon Hunter
9. Cameron Catron
10. Isaac Dixon

Too hard to rank in my mind. Would have to add the Caudill brothers in there somewhere as well. Micah and Jonah!!
skully03 Wrote:Too hard to rank in my mind. Would have to add the Caudill brothers in there somewhere as well. Micah and Jonah!!

Micah could lay the lumber to ya as well for a little fellow.........The Guy Knew How To Hit..........
PirateNation71 Wrote:Micah could lay the lumber to ya as well for a little fellow.........The Guy Knew How To Hit..........
Yes he could. I’ve never seen anyone like him other than Dixon. Run and cut and hardly lose any speed. Dixon and Micah are eerily similar in my book.
skully03 Wrote:Yes he could. I’ve never seen anyone like him other than Dixon. Run and cut and hardly lose any speed. Dixon and Micah are eerily similar in my book.

Those guys are what you call play makers........fun to watch plus be a game changer..........,lol

PS= Well it’s game day, let the nerves kick in......Good Luck Pirates & Safe Travels To Everyone.......

Go Big Red
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next