Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Semi-Final: Paintsville @ KY Country Day
pirateforlife Wrote:Seem like paintsville got the better draw for this round than pikeville did. I think Holy Cross is way better than KCD. But I still think pikeville and paintsville both win by 3 scores at least.

No draw here. This RPI needs work. KCD should have never been #1 with that horribly weak schedule.
Paintsville is always very very good on D. They’ll pull away wait and we’ll have a Pikeville/Paintsville rivalry game in Lexington.
I do not think you beat our Tigers with a power run game. You are not going to run between the tackles with our size on the DL. Passing teams give us trouble. Tigers roll by 3TDs against an overrated KCD team.
Paintsville is battle tested against a really good schedule which is one reason why I think they win comfortably.

The second reason is because they have better talent.

Third is I know they have some really good coaches.

Good luck to both teams on a safe and hard fought game.
AngryMob Wrote:Paintsville is always very very good on D. They’ll pull away wait and we’ll have a Pikeville/Paintsville rivalry game in Lexington.

Not sure about the rest of the state but I know the mountains would love to end up with a P’Ville/P’Ville State Title Game.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Not sure about the rest of the state but I know the mountains would love to end up with a P’Ville/P’Ville State Title Game.

Did you get my message Blue-Bird, I can’t tell if it went or not. Hope it works out that way but Pikeville has another game to worry about right now. Holy Cross definitely could give Pikeville some trouble. The quarterback is a good runner and can threw the ball. They have an defense that gets to the ball quick, and there is a lot more I seen that they do well but to much for me to type. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
FoSho Wrote:Paintsville is battle tested against a really good schedule which is one reason why I think they win comfortably.

The second reason is because they have better talent.

Third is I know they have some really good coaches.

Good luck to both teams on a safe and hard fought game.

^^^ Agree with all this.
Patriot1 Wrote:Did you get my message Blue-Bird, I can’t tell if it went or not. Hope it works out that way but Pikeville has another game to worry about right now. Holy Cross definitely could give Pikeville some trouble. The quarterback is a good runner and can threw the ball. They have an defense that gets to the ball quick, and there is a lot more I seen that they do well but to much for me to type. As always GO PANTHERS!!!

The Holy Cross corners are in for a long night IMO.
Redneck Wrote:The Holy Cross corners are in for a long night IMO.

Yes they are. Pikeville does a lot of things. Very well. IMO, only way to slow them down is pressure with 4 and pray lol
I'm going with Paintsville but closer than most think. 35-21
In this game I really don’t think it will be a high scoring game but really I don’t see KCD scoring. Now this is just my opinion and I know more about Paintsville than KCD. If KCD tries to be pre-dominate run they play into Paintsville strength. Just my 2 cents in this game.
Ain’t no 1A team going to bully ball Paintsville.
KCD weak scheduling and being overrated will play into the hands of Paintsville.

Paintsville 38
KCD 12
KCD will make a game of it but Paintsville prevails by 10
Paintsville will be to much for an overrated KCD.
Paintsville 40
KCD 12
Tigers with a somewhat comfortable win over an overrated KCD team. No offense is meant towards the players, just this stupid RPI system.

Tigers by 3 TDs
Don’t think this is as easy as Paintsville Fans believe. KCD is a very good football team but I’ll take Tigers in a close one. 28-21
ducky Wrote:Don’t think this is as easy as Paintsville Fans believe. KCD is a very good football team but I’ll take Tigers in a close one. 28-21

No chance of this one being close. This one will be over at the half.
Ralph Furley Wrote:No chance of this one being close. This one will be over at the half.

I like your optimism!
Has anyone heard the latest update on H Phelps? Hadn’t heard if he would be able to return this week or if It was even a possibility of a return this season. I know he has to be chomping at the bit to get back out.
May be mistaken, but I thought he was in a full leg brace or something of the likes either last game or the game prior. No doctor, but cant imagine him being in that one week and playing again the next, if I observed correctly that is.
Paintsville fans said Williamsburg would get killed by them didn't happen, turn right around and say the exact same thing again. Based on how they appear to be acting and their sideline antics I'm definitely hoping KCD wipes the floor with them, and I'm almost always a mountain team first kind of person. But until they make some changes at the top I'm rooting for whoever they are playing.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Paintsville fans said Williamsburg would get killed by them didn't happen, turn right around and say the exact same thing again. Based on how they appear to be acting and their sideline antics I'm definitely hoping KCD wipes the floor with them, and I'm almost always a mountain team first kind of person. But until they make some changes at the top I'm rooting for whoever they are playing.

So now that that's been said and out of the way. Anyone want to discuss the upcoming matchup without faceless internet ranting?
swampdonkey Wrote:So now that that's been said and out of the way. Anyone want to discuss the upcoming matchup without faceless internet ranting?

Sure interesting stat they are only completing 5.69 passes a game but those passes are going for an average of of 18 yards per completion and they are average 9.2 yards per attempt at a pass, they also have 21 touchdowns on only 74 completions on the season. They are averaging 7.91 yards a carry on the season on the ground. To a lesser degree that is very similar to what Belfry does, don't pass often, but the few throws they make a game are effective. Paintsville has played a better schedule, but KCD has dominated a schedule that a good team would dominate, the fact they've only really been in a handful of close games favors Paintsville, especially considering Paintsville close game were against better competition. But with a long bus ride and being on the road I wouldn't right this off as some sort of blowout. Paintsville can win this game by a couple of scores, but I with everything going on KCD will get some points and those points could easily make this a game.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Sure interesting stat they are only completing 5.69 passes a game but those passes are going for an average of of 18 yards per completion and they are average 9.2 yards per attempt at a pass, they also have 21 touchdowns on only 74 completions on the season. They are averaging 7.91 yards a carry on the season on the ground. To a lesser degree that is very similar to what Belfry does, don't pass often, but the few throws they make a game are effective. Paintsville has played a better schedule, but KCD has dominated a schedule that a good team would dominate, the fact they've only really been in a handful of close games favors Paintsville, especially considering Paintsville close game were against better competition. But with a long bus ride and being on the road I wouldn't right this off as some sort of blowout. Paintsville can win this game by a couple of scores, but I with everything going on KCD will get some points and those points could easily make this a game.

I agree with everything there! Would be naive to not give equal respect to any team with an undefeated record that's also made it to this point in the playoffs. In no way taking anything from Williamsburg last week, but Paintsville seemed to be flat in the first quarter. The Jackets were hyped and I thought their energy really propelled them. Paintsville needs a chip on their shoulder, not a crown on their heads. Not saying that's were the tigers stand, just would like to see the energy that Williamsburg entered the game with coming from our sideline this game. Those kids were pumped, you could see it from the stands and it also seemed like their team fed into that with unity.
swampdonkey Wrote:May be mistaken, but I thought he was in a full leg brace or something of the likes either last game or the game prior. No doctor, but cant imagine him being in that one week and playing again the next, if I observed correctly that is.

No your correct. He had a full brace on. I’m probably just being optimistic hoping its more for precautionary reasons. If the Tigers can get past this round (which I expect them to do) I would love to see him able to get back at it. I know mentally not being out there can be just as hard on a player like H if not worse than the actual injury!
From what I've seen in highlights on Hudl of KCD, I think Paintsville will win. KCD's style of play almost plays right into Paintsville's defensive strengths.

Spreading Paintsville out seems to be the right way to attack them, but KCD doesn't play that brand of football.

Paintsville wins, 34-14.
Haven’t said much about Paintsville, but I got family on that team and I know they have some great athletes! I’ll take Paintsville by 28. Go Tigers!!
IMO, if you are practicing on thanksgiving day preparing for a state semi final game then you’ve probably got a pretty darn good football team. I’ve read post about KCD being overrated with a weak schedule blah, blah, blah. Bologna! Teams who advance this far in the playoffs are there for a reason. I like the Tigers in this game but they better buckle their chinstraps and be ready to get after it. Go Tigers
DirtyWompus Wrote:IMO, if you are practicing on thanksgiving day preparing for a state semi final game then you’ve probably got a pretty darn good football team. I’ve read post about KCD being overrated with a weak schedule blah, blah, blah. Bologna! Teams who advance this far in the playoffs are there for a reason. I like the Tigers in this game but they better buckle their chinstraps and be ready to get after it. Go Tigers

Truth 👐