• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry@Desales 11/29 3A State Semis
Belfry travels to Louisville to take on Desales on Black Friday to see who will play at Kroger Field.
I was hoping for a belfry vs Bell game thanks RPI :mop: got to wait another week till Kroger :worthy:

Belfry 42
DeSales 35
Belfry defense is lights out rn.

So is DeSales.
Well I was hoping to see this matchup at Kroger. But I guess we get what we get. I think belfry pulls this one out slightly over the colts. 10-12 point win
Isn't Ty Scroggins an assistant coach at Desales? These are the best two teams in 3a. Winner of this game is your 3a state champion.
This one is going to be an absolute battle! If the Colts were playing anyone else at their place I'd give them the edge. But I'm taking the Pirates in this one:

Belfry 35
DeSales 27

It comes down to this; If the Pirate team that played Ashland tonight shows up, I believe they get the win. If the team that showed up against Johnson Central, we're in BIG trouble!
pirateforlife Wrote:Isn't Ty Scroggins an assistant coach at Desales? These are the best two teams in 3a. Winner of this game is your 3a state champion.

Yes, Coach Scroggins is at DeSales. And I agree, I think the winner of this game will, in the end, be the 2019 3A State Champs.
Maybe ColtPride or someone else from Desales can give us the scoop on logistics regarding the stadium such as seating and parking and any important information we can pass to the Belfry fans. Looking at views of the stadium it looks nice with a large one-sided seating section.
While most of the discussion on this site will lend heavily toward Belfry winning the contest (most predictions on this site favor traditional powers), I do believe it is worth mentioning that discussion trended in the direction of both CAL and Bardstown eliminating DeSales, and neither game was ever ultimately in doubt. And while, yes, DeSales has never played Belfy, the Pirates have also not ever played a game at DeSales, and it is important to remember that only one school has beaten the Colts on their own turf, and the reality of this group taking out that "ghost" last week, has a profound impact on the psyche of this Colt's team.

DeSales made a significant change last night (not by choice), and while the downside of that alteration could be significant, there is no question that the potential upside of that evolution makes DeSales, arguably, the strongest team in school history; it could also lead to DeSales getting pummeled by the Pirates.

It is also important to remember that Ty Scroggins has an excellent record against Belfry, and his fingerprints are already all over this current team, and there is no question that the preparation for this game will be heavily influenced by the man with a winning record against the excellent Mr. Haywood.

While Belfry could very well win the game by a significant margin, any reasonable individual that looks at the past results for the Pirates, the capacity of this Colt's team, and the potential reality of what is to come on Friday, and does not acknowledge the possibility that it is Belfry who could lost by a wide margin, is quite honestly delusional.

If forced to put my own money on this content, I would go with the Pirates; my heart would obviously choose the Colts. I believe this is going to be an interesting game, on many levels, and no matter result, I can honestly say, nothing would surprise me.

However, I have longed believed that this DeSales team would win the state title next month, and my mind has not changed. If Belfry is the group that eliminates the Colts, then I will be perfectly content, because I have nothing but the highest esteem for the Belfry community, but I honestly am expecting a superb game, which, as many others have already said, should result in the winner becoming the 2019 3A champion.
I have to agree.. Desales is big fast an strong.. an will out match belfry.. will be a 14 pt game or better
So what’s the “significant change” that the Colts has to make last night?
bucslover68 Wrote:Maybe ColtPride or someone else from Desales can give us the scoop on logistics regarding the stadium such as seating and parking and any important information we can pass to the Belfry fans. Looking at views of the stadium it looks nice with a large one-sided seating section.

There is a parking lot across the street from the school, which supports the Colts' baseball team, and I have always had a great experience using that option (no risk of damage or harm to your car, as there are dozens of community members that stay in the lot for the full game).

The actual school parking lot proper is not terribly large, so any spot there will need to be acquired far before the game begins.

The school is in the middle of a neighborhood, so street parking is always an option (though be wary of the obvious problems associated with parking in front of people's driveways).

There is a park up the street from the school, which has hundreds of parking spots, just be sure to choose the obviously well populated lots.

The food at the concession stand is terrific. Entering the bleachers using the main stairway, requires walking past the entirety of the DeSales faithful (you are either going to be warmly welcomed, or... very much not pleasantly greeted). There are stairwells which can be accessed from the "visitor's side", and I would certainly choose that option.

In order to get a continuous full view of the field, one would have to sit away from the "visitor's side", so please be sure to choose your seating compatriots wisely; pick the families with young children, and avoid the 50 yard line, if you can; it's not a place geared toward pleasant experience of a game between children (just do yourself a favor, and sit almost anywhere else).

If you want, come see me, and say hello, I'll buy you a pork sandwich and a warm beverage; I love the Belfry community and have always enjoyed every experience that I have had with the Pirate faithful.
Great info turkeysalad that I have already shared with the Belfry folks.
turkeysalad Wrote:While most of the discussion on this site will lend heavily toward Belfry winning the contest (most predictions on this site favor traditional powers), I do believe it is worth mentioning that discussion trended in the direction of both CAL and Bardstown eliminating DeSales, and neither game was ever ultimately in doubt. And while, yes, DeSales has never played Belfy, the Pirates have also not ever played a game at DeSales, and it is important to remember that only one school has beaten the Colts on their own turf, and the reality of this group taking out that "ghost" last week, has a profound impact on the psyche of this Colt's team.

DeSales made a significant change last night (not by choice), and while the downside of that alteration could be significant, there is no question that the potential upside of that evolution makes DeSales, arguably, the strongest team in school history; it could also lead to DeSales getting pummeled by the Pirates.

It is also important to remember that Ty Scroggins has an excellent record against Belfry, and his fingerprints are already all over this current team, and there is no question that the preparation for this game will be heavily influenced by the man with a winning record against the excellent Mr. Haywood.

While Belfry could very well win the game by a significant margin, any reasonable individual that looks at the past results for the Pirates, the capacity of this Colt's team, and the potential reality of what is to come on Friday, and does not acknowledge the possibility that it is Belfry who could lost by a wide margin, is quite honestly delusional.

If forced to put my own money on this content, I would go with the Pirates; my heart would obviously choose the Colts. I believe this is going to be an interesting game, on many levels, and no matter result, I can honestly say, nothing would surprise me.

However, I have longed believed that this DeSales team would win the state title next month, and my mind has not changed. If Belfry is the group that eliminates the Colts, then I will be perfectly content, because I have nothing but the highest esteem for the Belfry community, but I honestly am expecting a superb game, which, as many others have already said, should result in the winner becoming the 2019 3A champion.

The Belfry Faithful know all too well about Coach Scroggins, and hold him in the highest regard. 👍🏼 Despite all the battles with Central while Scroggins was in charge, he and Haywood formed a very strong friendship , and i know there is a great deal of respect for him in the Belfry community.

In a nutshell, DeSales has the advantage. At home, with Scroggins on the sideline. He knows Belfry backwards and forwards. I know the Belfry staff has procured film ....but honestly, film can only show so much.

FWIW......when Belfry left the field last night....virtually every fan and player expected to be heading to Bell Co. It wasn’t till about an hour later that we found out we’re Louisville bound 😂😂. I think most of us were just a little shocked in the change of opponent and venue. It should be an interesting contest. I’ll have more thoughts later, but congratulations on the win! Very well deserved!
This should be an instant classic. Don’t know much about DeSales, but obviously they are a very good team. I do know quite a bit about Belfry, and the way this team played last night, they will be a tough out for anybody this year. Hopefully both teams will go in to the game healthy, and come out the same way.
BELFRY-27
Desales-21
Belfry is finally healthy and are playing great. Tradition and pride
Oh well I was hoping to see my boys from Bell take out Desales, guess Belfry will take em out for us. Always for mountain teams.

Belfry 35 Desales 14
In my opinion DeSales is the most dangerous team left in Belfrys path to another title , full analysis later in the week, but this one scares me.
I’m really torn having to choose one or the other here. Both teams have had some impressive wins but both have also looked pedestrian at times. Both teams have played on the big stage numerous times, so, I could see it going either way.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I’m really torn having to choose one or the other here. Both teams have had some impressive wins but both have also looked pedestrian at times. Both teams have played on the big stage numerous times, so, I could see it going either way.

Those pedestrian games were Belfry without a complete, healthy team. Now they are healthy and getting a head of steam
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I will make the drive I know the DeSales program well but I always wanted to see belfry plau
Looks like Scroggins didn’t QB last night?? Hmmmm. So now, have to play Avery like Hurts for Bama, a RB that can throw!! I’ve got Pirates!!
#55PirateFan Wrote:This one is going to be an absolute battle! If the Colts were playing anyone else at their place I'd give them the edge. But I'm taking the Pirates in this one:

Belfry 35
DeSales 27

It comes down to this; If the Pirate team that played Ashland tonight shows up, I believe they get the win. If the team that showed up against Johnson Central, we're in BIG trouble!

DeSales is very tough at home. Only one team has been able to beat them, and we've had some powerhouses try and fail. DeSales will match size and strength and athleticism with Belfry all day. You guys have a great running attack, we have if not the best close to it D- line in the state.
Should be a great old fashioned smashmouth football game.
I’ve shed tears twice thanks to the Colts of DeSales. They’ll always have my respect. With that said, I really hope Belfry wins this game for all of us back here in North Floyd County.
This has potential to be the best semifinal game in the State next week. It will be close based on the Coaches familiarity with each other. Turnovers and Penalties decide the winner:
Belfry-24
Desales-21
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Looks like Scroggins didn’t QB last night?? Hmmmm. So now, have to play Avery like Hurts for Bama, a RB that can throw!! I’ve got Pirates!!

Scroggins did play; he was injured in the second quarter.

Avery was the team's starting quarterback for roughly the first five games of the year; he's not a running back, and has ever functioned as a RB at DeSales; nor is/was Hurts, at Alabama or Oklahoma (he is expected to be drafted at the end of the first round of the NFL draft, as a quarterback, not, at a position, which he has not played, running back).

Avery's ceiling is higher than that of Scroggins', but Jayden is more consistent, poised, and controlled.
Go Pirates! I hope I don't say this again for a long time.
pjdoug Wrote:Go Pirates! I hope I don't say this again for a long time.

That was nice PJDoug and I can see you getting use to that. Now all I hear on here is about Desales only having 1 lose at home. Well Pirates there is another stat would can get. It’s going to be a tough game but the Pirates can handle it. I am not going to say I know anything about Desales but I will be pulling for the Pirates. Go get them Belfry, nothing like practice on Thanksgiving.
Too close to call...
turkeysalad Wrote:While most of the discussion on this site will lend heavily toward Belfry winning the contest (most predictions on this site favor traditional powers).

This site is dominated by mountain posters and east. It is slowly heading the other way because of the other site (which shall not be named) keeps suspending everyone.
  • 1(current)
  • Next