•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Tomcats @ Belfry Pirates 11-22-2019
Just some interesting facts on Dixon who has been super efficient in his two plus years as a Pirate. Counting one carry for 41 yards and a TD on Friday against PC and one receiving TD, he has 175 carries for 2327 yards and a total of 37 TDs. The TD total may be off by 1 or 2, but that includes rushing, receiving and returns. His per carry average is unreal at 13.3 per carry. His total numbers this year are down because of all the time he missed, but his impact is huge.
As the poster just showed in the strength of schedule thread. Versus the Top 7000
Belfry is 2-3 this season
Ashland is 9-2
T-CATS Wrote:As the poster just showed in the strength of schedule thread. Versus the Top 7000
Belfry is 2-3 this season
Ashland is 9-2

And?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:And?

Hopefully with playing 11 of 12 games against the Top 7000 and winning 9 is enough to prepare Ashland to go down too Belfry Friday night and win. Ashland has played one of if not the most challenging schedules in 3 A and it paid off last Friday and I think it will again this Friday.
T-CATS Wrote:Hopefully with playing 11 of 12 games against the Top 7000 and winning 9 is enough to prepare Ashland to go down too Belfry Friday night and win. Ashland has played one of if not the most challenging schedules in 3 A and it paid off last Friday and I think it will again this Friday.

I guess come Friday, we’ll find out one way or the other
Ashland 4 years ago “they’re all 16!”
Ashland this year “they’re all from WV!”

Just show up and play and quit whining... showing up would be a significant improvement for the ***** cats. Like Johnny Cash said “You can run on for a long time...”
Top 7000? Gees. That doesn’t mean squat I promise you that . Ashland playing the WV/OH All Star Tour bit them in the butt. They travel when they should have been at home.
T-CATS Wrote:Hopefully with playing 11 of 12 games against the Top 7000 and winning 9 is enough to prepare Ashland to go down too Belfry Friday night and win. Ashland has played one of if not the most challenging schedules in 3 A and it paid off last Friday and I think it will again this Friday.
Challanging schedules? haha A very down Ironton that you just squeeked by. A very down Wheelersburg , beat you. Single A Raceland. A weak Russell. A very weak George Washington...Who else? Nobody!!Confusednicker:

T-CHICKEN, you absolutely live in some kind of an imaginary world all by yourself...You played Spring Valley. That's it, Period!!

Got news for you Foghorn, you are gonna get killed.

Good to see you on your annual " Makin Myself Look Stupid Tour".....The original Cluckmeister!!

Puff that chest out again, T-CHICKEN, everybody expects nothing less. A loser is a loser, is a loser!!

This is the year, right?
Bob Seger Wrote:Challanging schedules? haha A very down Ironton that you just squeeked by. A very down Wheelersburg , beat you. Single A Raceland. A weak Russell. A very weak George Washington...Who else? Nobody!!Confusednicker:

T-CHICKEN, you absolutely live in some kind of an imaginary world all by yourself...You played Spring Valley. That's it, Period!!

Good to see you on your annual " Makin Myself Look Stupid Tour".....The original Cluckmeister!!

Puff that chest out again, T-CHICKEN, everybody expects nothing less. A loser is a loser, is a loser!!

This is the year, right?

Let him keep posting away. He creates great bulletin board material. I’m sure no one cringes more at his post then the Ashland coaches and players.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Let him keep posting away. He creates great bulletin board material. I’m sure no one cringes more at his post then the Ashland coaches and players.

The thing with ASH-land posters is that they are all the same.

"Stupid is as Stupid does".
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Me and a couple of friends were discussing at our game last night which route would be the best way to get to Belfry from Ashland. Most agree that traveling south on 23 to 119 would be the better roads but the phone gps is showing the quicker route is getting on 52 in Ceredo and traveling south. Can any of the Belfry fans help? I figured it would be less traffic coming in from the Pikeville side than it would the Williamson side , with the enormous amount of traffic coming to the game from West Virginia. Any help is appreciated Belfry fans.

23 to 119 is definitely better roads but 52 is at least 20-30 minutes faster so it’s really up to you. I always take 52 but roads like that don’t bother me much.
Belfry better be able to tackle Hester and Pittman. If they miss it will be a touchdown. Ashland with their running game is like Raceland with the passing game. They both rely on the big play. If you miss Hester and Pittman it will be a long night for the pirates. If they can contain both they will win. Tomcats not know For their long drives.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Belfry better be able to tackle Hester and Pittman. If they miss it will be a touchdown. Ashland with their running game is like Raceland with the passing game. They both rely on the big play. If you miss Hester and Pittman it will be a long night for the pirates. If they can contain both they will win. Tomcats not know For their long drives.

I’ve told a couple of people this week that Belfry has to tackle. If they don’t then it’s gonna be a long night for the Pirates. On the other hand Ashland has to do the same to Dixon, Bentley, and Hensley. I guarantee that Ashland has not faced a FB that can run like Hensley.
This is one of the playoff matchup I have been waiting for. If Belfry doesn't put the ball on the ground, I think they will take out the Tomcats. I think it will be an extremely close game regardless.
outlawjoseywales Wrote:and?
��
If this was a normal year for Belfry I would thank them over Assland 6 days out of the week and twice on Sunday but.....we all can agree Belfry isn’t Belfry this year! I say Assland makes it a game but Belfry is still to much at home for the Puttytats!
Belfry 32
Assland 22
bucslover68 Wrote:I’ve told a couple of people this week that Belfry has to tackle. If they don’t then it’s gonna be a long night for the Pirates. On the other hand Ashland has to do the same to Dixon, Bentley, and Hensley. I guarantee that Ashland has not faced a FB that can run like Hensley.

Surely you are mistaken on that. Why this powerhouse schedule that they have played this year has pitted them against 3 future Heisman Trophy winners and an NFL Hall of Fame back.
Bob Seger Wrote:Surely you are mistaken on that. Why this powerhouse schedule that they have played this year has pitted them against 3 future Heisman Trophy winners and an NFL Hall of Fame back.

They have a great record against the top 78,976 in America.
irishcard16 Wrote:They have a great record against the top 78,976 in America.

Can you believe that anybody could be dumb enough to post something like that? Sheeew!!

T-CHICKEN has given us a multitude of jewels, but that one may be his Crown Jewel....Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:Can you believe that anybody could be dumb enough to post something like that? Sheeew!!

T-CHICKEN has given us a multitude of jewels, but that one may be his Crown Jewel....Confusednicker:

Yeah that’s when you know your program is still living in the past and is currently sad. When you’re bragging about top 7000 wins.
Bob Seger Wrote:Challanging schedules? haha A very down Ironton that you just squeeked by. A very down Wheelersburg , beat you. Single A Raceland. A weak Russell. A very weak George Washington...Who else? Nobody!!Confusednicker:

This is the year, right?

What mean challanging?
Tomcats 28-21 winners.
Pirates will kill all nine lives with one shot. 35-16
irishcard16 Wrote:Yeah that’s when you know your program is still living in the past and is currently sad. When you’re bragging about top 7000 wins.

I have to agree with you once before I die.
pjdoug Wrote:i have to agree with you once before i die.

✊🏾
When JC played Ashland, an retired journalist sent me some history on Ashland. Just so happens the Belfry all-time series was included. Can't say everything is 100% accurate, but what I was sent for Johnson Central was perfect.

Ashland leads the series 18-3.

Year Winner Score
1937 Ashland 69 0
1949 Ashland 55 0
1957 Ashland 34 13
1967 Ashland 42 0
1970 Ashland 46 6
1971 Ashland 54 20
1972 Ashland 57 6
1975 Ashland 47 6
1987 Ashland 27 13
1988 Ashland 21 13
1989 Belfry 31 14
1990 Ashland 35 20
1991 Ashland 22 18
1992 Belfry 28 25
1998 Ashland 19 14
2001 Ashland 42 21
2006 Ashland 28 27
2009 Ashland 22 20
2010 Ashland 36 22
2011 Belfry 7 6
2012 Ashland 35 20
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:When JC played Ashland, an retired journalist sent me some history on Ashland. Just so happens the Belfry all-time series was included. Can't say everything is 100% accurate, but what I was sent for Johnson Central was perfect.

Ashland leads the series 18-3.

Year Winner Score
1937 Ashland 69 0
1949 Ashland 55 0
1957 Ashland 34 13
1967 Ashland 42 0
1970 Ashland 46 6
1971 Ashland 54 20
1972 Ashland 57 6
1975 Ashland 47 6
1987 Ashland 27 13
1988 Ashland 21 13
1989 Belfry 31 14
1990 Ashland 35 20
1991 Ashland 22 18
1992 Belfry 28 25
1998 Ashland 19 14
2001 Ashland 42 21
2006 Ashland 28 27
2009 Ashland 22 20
2010 Ashland 36 22
2011 Belfry 7 6
2012 Ashland 35 20

Looks pretty accurate. Ashland has dominated the series. However....the games became less and less as Belfry improved. No games in 2003-2004. No games since 2012.

Hmmm.......
pjdoug Wrote:What mean challanging?

Alright smart butt, "challenging" …….:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Alright smart butt, "challenging" …….:biggrin:

Turn the Page Confusednicker:
Don't know much about Ashland, but I do know the history between these schools. Everyone knows how hard it is going into Belfry and come out with a win. Not going to predict a score at this time, but this will be a good one to watch. Go Pirates !
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next