Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-28 RPI 2a
For the record, I don't like the RPI system. IMO, tiering the wins to a tertiary level (opponents opponents wins pct) helps give merit to most teams but doesn't give the best rating for seeding. If the formula could take strength of schedule into account I'd be much more accepting of it. Many of the scheduling issues that have been discussed seem valid (potential difficulties for some, potential fudging by others).
The RPI is not "sticking it" to Mayfield or any other team. It is a unbiased formula that only considers the data set in place (rankings aren't one of the metrics). Using BGR rankings (or any other) in cross reference to RPI is not necessarily going to lineup. One is completely subjective and the other totally analytical. Again, I'm not arguing in favor of RPI.

MSI55, we all know your power goes unchallenged. Like many others, I expected Mayfield to win as well (3-4 TD's was my prediction). The difference is I'm trying to understand how you decide to use it in your argument that Mayfield is getting hosed. Maybe it was a "bad loss" if most everyone expected Mayfield to win (running clock to boot) and the RPI numbers are reflecting it. Maybe it was a "good loss" because McCracken was underestimated and it will benefit Mayfield later on when it actually matters for seeding. Who knows, but only time and statistics will allow it to play out for the RPI numbers. Also, you are using BGR rankings in relation to RPI which has no influence. To top it off, you are talking about two different sets of BGR rankings (2A and 6A). You've got so many variables in play I can see why you are perplexed.

Stick to the one constant - Mayfield is good and its highly probable they'll be playing for the ultimate goal in December.
Glory_Days Wrote:For the record, I don't like the RPI system. IMO, tiering the wins to a tertiary level (opponents opponents wins pct) helps give merit to most teams but doesn't give the best rating for seeding. If the formula could take strength of schedule into account I'd be much more accepting of it. Many of the scheduling issues that have been discussed seem valid (potential difficulties for some, potential fudging by others).
The RPI is not "sticking it" to Mayfield or any other team. It is a unbiased formula that only considers the data set in place (rankings aren't one of the metrics). Using BGR rankings (or any other) in cross reference to RPI is not necessarily going to lineup. One is completely subjective and the other totally analytical. Again, I'm not arguing in favor of RPI.

MSI55, we all know your power goes unchallenged. Like many others, I expected Mayfield to win as well (3-4 TD's was my prediction). The difference is I'm trying to understand how you decide to use it in your argument that Mayfield is getting hosed. Maybe it was a "bad loss" if most everyone expected Mayfield to win (running clock to boot) and the RPI numbers are reflecting it. Maybe it was a "good loss" because McCracken was underestimated and it will benefit Mayfield later on when it actually matters for seeding. Who knows, but only time and statistics will allow it to play out for the RPI numbers. Also, you are using BGR rankings in relation to RPI which has no influence. To top it off, you are talking about two different sets of BGR rankings (2A and 6A). You've got so many variables in play I can see why you are perplexed.

Stick to the one constant - Mayfield is good and its highly probable they'll be playing for the ultimate goal in December.

I like your first explanation better. It’s because of my vast intellect in picking and we didn’t live up to it that the rpi favors others. Makes the most sense here. Thanks.
Does IMTU figures play a part of the RPI number?
rookie57 Wrote:Does IMTU figures play a part of the RPI number?

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
rookie57 Wrote:Does IMTU figures play a part of the RPI number?

IMTU rating predicted Corbin and Mayfield loss last year in the state tournament. It was spot on Confusedhh:
64sur Wrote:imtu rating predicted corbin and mayfield loss last year in the state tournament. It was spot on Confusedhh:
😎