Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg '06
i think if we can work this summer and get our line back to its ways and fill positions then we will be fine and i'm sure that we'll win half of our games there "superman" you should show some respect or at least more then that
i played prestonburge lastyear they are the dirtyest team that i have ever played they run up the score and they show no sportsmanship...
mchs baseball Wrote:i played prestonburge lastyear they are the dirtyest team that i have ever played they run up the score and they show no sportsmanship...

:wtf1:
last year one touchdown was made by a d-linemen an half of our points were scored by sophmores an freshman. we even kept the ball on the ground the second half what did u want us to do?
Absolutely 75. We couldnt just take a knee every play in the 2nd half. We cant help that mogaffin was so bad.
mchs baseball Wrote:i played prestonburge lastyear they are the dirtyest team that i have ever played they run up the score and they show no sportsmanship...

Well instead of whining about getting beat, why don't you all get in the weight room and do something about it.
Not to show any disrespect Superman but I think that you are under estimating the blackcats and how hard they are working to improve from last years season they right now are working harder than ever and the whole team is actually buying in well at least the ones that are still playing some quit because they couldn't handle a little adversity which with all due respect if you can't handle a little adversity then you shouldn't be playing anyways because you have to whenever you are apart of any football team i think you will be suprised by the blackcats performance this year
Well maybe Magoffin co can play Prestonsburg's JV next season insted of the Vasity or maybe even the Adams 8th grade !!! LOL !
Let's go Blackcats!  I can't wait until football season starts back.
It should be an interesting season next year for Prestonsburg.  It will definately be another rebuilding year.
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=14879.msg206688#msg206688 date=1141871300]
It should be an interesting season next year for Prestonsburg.  It will definately be another rebuilding year.
[/quote][glow=red,2,300][/glow]

Is P-burg going to be rebuilding for a few years?
[quote author=Tough Turf link=topic=14879.msg207543#msg207543 date=1141948138]

[/quote]

Well, Prestonsburg has the skill players to play with anyone in their district, but they only return one lineman.  They have the same problem on the other side of the ball, and it makes it tough for the OL to play both sides of the ball.  I would have loved to have seen Meade stay at Prestonsburg, he could have been one heck of a player there, but now that he is gone, Setser should be seeing a lot more carries.  They are set at QB, but overall Prestonsburg needs some good Ol' Corn-fed boys.
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=14879.msg207827#msg207827 date=1141976753]

[/quote]

Well, Prestonsburg has the skill players to play with anyone in their district, but they only return one lineman.  They have the same problem on the other side of the ball, and it makes it tough for the OL to play both sides of the ball.  I would have loved to have seen Meade stay at Prestonsburg, he could have been one heck of a player there, but now that he is gone, Setser should be seeing a lot more carries.  They are set at QB, but overall Prestonsburg needs some good Ol' Corn-fed boys.
[/quote]
Seriously? Only one returning to the line? Wow that must be a large graduating class.
[quote author=blackcat link=topic=14879.msg207827#msg207827 date=1141976753]

[/quote]

Well, Prestonsburg has the skill players to play with anyone in their district, but they only return one lineman. They have the same problem on the other side of the ball, and it makes it tough for the OL to play both sides of the ball. I would have loved to have seen Meade stay at Prestonsburg, he could have been one heck of a player there, but now that he is gone, Setser should be seeing a lot more carries. They are set at QB, but overall Prestonsburg needs some good Ol' Corn-fed boys.
[/quote]

Why did Meade leave Pburg?
That's a good question.  I think a lot of it had to do with Prestonsburg's Coaches.  Since the season they had last year, I hear practices are as hard as ever now.  And they weren't easy before.  Meade is also from AC, and they may have had something to do with it.
One of Prestonsburg's top OL/DL for next season Junior #70 Brandon Holbrook is out for the upcoming year ! He fractured his back today !
Ouch, I hate to hear that. Is the kid ok.
Yeah he is okay but he is going to be on bed rest for a week or so, But the doctor said he will not play this fall !
I just talked to him and says he may get to play his senior season or he may not, and he was hoping for a scholorship from UVA Wise, How fast dreams can be tooken away ! I hope for the best Brandon !
Hate to hear this about Brandon. I hope the best for him
blackcat_student Wrote:I just talked to him and says he may get to play his senior season or he may not, and he was hoping for a scholorship from UVA Wise, How fast dreams can be tooken away ! I hope for the best Brandon !
How did this happen?
He and his father where cutting down a tree and a limb fell on him !
Brandon got a second opinon and may get to play sometime this fall !
That's good to hear.
This is very good news, i would love to see brandon get some playing time this fall

yep..pburg sure does run up the score.. we really didnt have a choice but to score with the resistance MCHS was putting up.
Glad to here Brandon is doing better, i hope everything works out for him
dfblackcat53 Wrote:yep..pburg sure does run up the score.. we really didnt have a choice but to score with the resistance MCHS was putting up.

Yeah P'burg is known to show so much class. PLEASE> Since Derosset took over the classiness of P'burg has been going down hill and has even hit all time lows. Derosset scored 83 points on Betsy Lane in 2001 and after the game was quoted in the paper saying. "We were trying to score 100." Even if he and his team fealt that way he shouldn't had said it. The man is classless and dosn't deserve to be the head coach at a football tradition rich school like Prestonsburg. P'burg could do so much better IMO.
I remember when we played them on the opening of their new field in 2001. They were up maybe 7 with 2 minutes left to go. They had the ball and PHS put a lot of their second team players in. They scored and when the JV O was on the field they called 3 consecutive TO's to get the ball back to score another TD with 10 seconds left against us to make it look like they blew us out. Late hits has always been a problem there, the follwing year they got a taste of their own medicine though against Boyle. Boyle was up 14-0 at half. Then the late hits from PBurg started. Boyle began to onside kick the ball and run it up on them. There is no place for that in any sport, but if the head man wants to do it, more power to him.
PHSCARD Wrote:I remember when we played them on the opening of their new field in 2001. They were up maybe 7 with 2 minutes left to go. They had the ball and PHS put a lot of their second team players in. They scored and when the JV O was on the field they called 3 consecutive TO's to get the ball back to score another TD with 10 seconds left against us to make it look like they blew us out. Late hits has always been a problem there, the follwing year they got a taste of their own medicine though against Boyle. Boyle was up 14-0 at half. Then the late hits from PBurg started. Boyle began to onside kick the ball and run it up on them. There is no place for that in any sport, but if the head man wants to do it, more power to him.
I remember the Boyle Co. game.
BurntTires Wrote:I remember the Boyle Co. game.

? finish your thought........................