Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co 30 Highlands 0
Final
Congratulations to Boyle, nice win.
Congratulations Boyle County :Cheerlead
Congrats Boyle Co.!!
Congratulations to Boyle County
Great win for Boyle, their Defense played lights out tonight Highlands had less than a 100 yds total offense.
I can't go forward here on this site, with all the negativity toward certain teams. particularly the backlash Boyle Co. received it has enlightened me to what most people are really trying to do here....For those of you I've connected with I wish you and your teams nothing but the best...the rest of you can take a long jump of a short cliff...congrats to the rebels, I'm out...……...………...…...………...………...btw notice the score Boyle CO is for real no matter how you want to spin it...……..
Way to go Rebels!
This is about what I expected. Highlands is still a ways away from what they were 5 years ago, but, have gotten better. Boyle is likely a Top 5 team in entire state, regardless of class. I'd have them at #4 right now, behind Male, Trinity and FD..
Highlands O needs a shakeup if they are going to do anything in the playoffs. The O line needs to step up and the play calling needs to stop being predictable.
single shot Wrote:I can't go forward here on this site, with all the negativity toward certain teams. particularly the backlash Boyle Co. received it has enlightened me to what most people are really trying to do here....For those of you I've connected with I wish you and your teams nothing but the best...the rest of you can take a long jump of a short cliff...congrats to the rebels, I'm out...……...………...…...………...………...btw notice the score Boyle CO is for real no matter how you want to spin it...……..

That's for shor.
And that ladies and gentlemen is why I said that I think Boyle County may be the best team in the State!
single shot Wrote:I can't go forward here on this site, with all the negativity toward certain teams. particularly the backlash Boyle Co. received it has enlightened me to what most people are really trying to do here....For those of you I've connected with I wish you and your teams nothing but the best...the rest of you can take a long jump of a short cliff...congrats to the rebels, I'm out...……...………...…...………...………...btw notice the score Boyle CO is for real no matter how you want to spin it...……..

Hang tough my friend. Don't let some of these guys run you out of here. Ignore them. At the end of the day, we win!
JustADad Wrote:Highlands O needs a shakeup if they are going to do anything in the playoffs. The O line needs to step up and the play calling needs to stop being predictable.

The D is playing lights out. Why would you not play some of those guys both ways?! And play calling is bad. Why does ever pass play need to be 30 yards or more? QB can not throw INT’S in the endzone/ red zone, killing potential scoring drives! How many INT’s Does that now make this year for him inside the 20 or 15?! His accuracy tonight was very bad, even on the little dump off passes.
#55PirateFan Wrote:And that ladies and gentlemen is why I said that I think Boyle County may be the best team in the State!

Hang in there! You just beat a good team not a great team. One whose offense has struggled all year. Boyle has a good team with some real studs but not ready to say #1 in ky. SK did same thing to Highlands offense last week only difference is Boyle has better DB’s. This Highlands offense has a lot of problems that some top teams in the state don’t.
sstack Wrote:Hang in there! You just beat a good team not a great team. One whose offense has struggled all year. Boyle has a good team with some real studs but not ready to say #1 in ky. SK did same thing to Highlands offense last week only difference is Boyle has better DB’s. This Highlands offense has a lot of problems that some top teams in the state don’t.

Just an opinion Ol Buddy. And Boyle isn't my team. My team is 3-2 on the year. 😂
Was Highlands using same punter tonight? I don’t recall that being a problem area but he had a rough not and killed Highlands field position most of the night.
FD has good night that many might put them #1.
Trinity and Male are the best two teams in the state and it's really not close. St X, Boyle, Cov Cath, and FD are 3, 4, 5, and 6 in no particular order. Big gap from 1-2 to 3-6. Male beat Trinity 20-17 last week in OT. Trinity put a running clock on Fredrick Douglas in a scrimmage at the beginning of the season. FD put a running clock on Scott County tonight.

Did I miss something?
pirateforlife Wrote:Trinity and Male are the best two teams in the state and it's really not close. St X, Boyle, Cov Cath, and FD are 3, 4, 5, and 6 in no particular order. Big gap from 1-2 to 3-6. Male beat Trinity 20-17 last week in OT. Trinity put a running clock on Fredrick Douglas in a scrimmage at the beginning of the season. FD put a running clock on Scott County tonight.
I am not sold on cov cath yet
Rough night for the Birds.
Boyle county is scary good. This reminds me of Boyle teams of old.
pirateforlife Wrote:Trinity and Male are the best two teams in the state and it's really not close. St X, Boyle, Cov Cath, and FD are 3, 4, 5, and 6 in no particular order. Big gap from 1-2 to 3-6. Male beat Trinity 20-17 last week in OT. Trinity put a running clock on Fredrick Douglas in a scrimmage at the beginning of the season. FD put a running clock on Scott County tonight.

FD, SC or CovCath would not beat Boyle Co. Period.

Male and Trinity might be another story.

But for a 3A school enrollment, the Rebels are bad ass.
FoSho Wrote:FD, SC or CovCath would not beat Boyle Co. Period.

I watched a lot of this game online and agree with your post. Boyle County is VERY good. IMO no way could they beat Male or Trinity. I think Freddy Douglass could beat them. Outside of those three teams I don't think anyone else in Kentucky could beat Boyle County. They are extremely good. As for Highlands, their offense is awful.
FoSho Wrote:FD, SC or CovCath would not beat Boyle Co. Period.

I think FD beats them like a drum.....unless it’s 7v7 (which is the only time you’ve seen them). But then again I am no expert like you.
I was expecting Boyle Co to win but I wasn't expecting a shut out.

Congratulations!! Very impressive win.
Always good to see Highlands lose. But when you see them shutout. Thats no easy feat Congrats Boyle!!!
I do not think Fredrick D could beat Boyle. This is a top 3 team in the state in my opinion.
sstack Wrote:The D is playing lights out. Why would you not play some of those guys both ways?! And play calling is bad. Why does ever pass play need to be 30 yards or more? QB can not throw INT’S in the endzone/ red zone, killing potential scoring drives! How many INT’s Does that now make this year for him inside the 20 or 15?! His accuracy tonight was very bad, even on the little dump off passes.

HHS QB was only completing 55% of his passes coming into the game which is why I said in my post about the game that that number had to improve because I knew our run D would limit the Birds. When you play vs Boyle Co you cannot throw down field over the middle, especially with a lazy pass. Reese Smith is the best football player in KY. If you throw at him you are going to lose. Period.

Boyle Co offense was really good at times and very conservative all game. The QB protected the ball, threw it to where if his guy couldn't catch it then it wouldn't be caught. The RB's did a great job of holding on to the ball. The Rebels committed no turnovers.

Now...after a much needed week off, it's time to prepare for pass happy LexCath.

Can hardly wait.