Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 39 Lexington Catholic 38
FoSho Wrote:Last year we put a running clock on LexCath. Allen threw for 99 insignificant yards because the game was already decided. He was 0-10 passing in the first half (although he had some rushing yards). Is LexCath better? Probably. Is Boyle County better? Yes.

We will not take them lightly. It is our most hated rival and our kids will be ready to show what they can do. That game is the focal point of our season.

Don't say we didn't warn YOU.
Ok ol friend. I look forward to the match up. Beau Allen looks like a completely different player to me. Cov cath also put a running clock on lex cath last year. I don’t think last year matters in the slightest. I’m sure you agree since you are the high school football genius
FoSho Wrote:Last year we put a running clock on LexCath. Allen threw for 99 insignificant yards because the game was already decided. He was 0-10 passing in the first half (although he had some rushing yards). Is LexCath better? Probably. Is Boyle County better? Yes.

We will not take them lightly. It is our most hated rival and our kids will be ready to show what they can do. That game is the focal point of our season.

Again....laughable. What size helmet do you wear?
Woodsman Wrote:Again....laughable. What size helmet do you wear?

Specifics please.

Why is this laughable?

Why should I believe a team that has been outscored by mine 145-46 be something I'm afraid of?
FoSho Wrote:Specifics please.

Why is this laughable?

Why should I believe a team that has been outscored by mine 145-46 be something I'm afraid of?

...sorry, in the last three games since 2017.
Woodsman Wrote:Ok ol friend. I look forward to the match up. Beau Allen looks like a completely different player to me. Cov cath also put a running clock on lex cath last year. I don’t think last year matters in the slightest. I’m sure you agree since you are the high school football genius

I'm not a genius but I am not a koolade drinker either. CovCath may/may not be better than they were last year...but we ARE better.

Why should I feel any different?

I will post LexCath week with an update on how I feel the game will go and I'll be truthful.

Can't wait. 😎
Woodsman Wrote:Ok ol friend. I look forward to the match up. Beau Allen looks like a completely different player to me. Cov cath also put a running clock on lex cath last year. I don’t think last year matters in the slightest. I’m sure you agree since you are the high school football genius

I almost agree with you for once. Don't let it happen again Confusednicker:
FoSho Wrote:I'm not a genius but I am not a koolade drinker either. CovCath may/may not be better than they were last year...but we ARE better.

I will post LexCath week with an update on how I feel the game will go and I'll be truthful.

Can't wait. 😎
What in the wide wide world of sports is koolade?
FoSho Wrote:I'm not a genius but I am not a koolade drinker either. CovCath may/may not be better than they were last year...but we ARE better.

Can't wait. 😎

Did you get new cleats?
FoSho Wrote:Troll

I thought was done posting?
Dline Wrote:I thought was done posting?

You know how females change their minds.
pjdoug Wrote:You know how females change their minds.

I kind of feel sorry for the little guy. Naw I don’t.
I guess it’s a difference in opinion, but I’m worried about 90% of the teams we play every year. You take a team lightly and you have the possibility of walking out with a big fat L. Covington did look a little down compared to what they were last year. But lex cath looked miles ahead of what they were last year as well. On the surface, common sense would tell you Boyle is probably better, but until they play someone know one really knows how much better. Until then I stand by my prediction that LC can give them some trouble. Last year, doesn’t matter. 2017, doesn’t matter. None of it matters except this year. Although I did find Hatz stat about winning both games in the past pretty interesting.
Hound05 Wrote:I guess it’s a difference in opinion, but I’m worried about 90% of the teams we play every year. You take a team lightly and you have the possibility of walking out with a big fat L. Covington did look a little down compared to what they were last year. But lex cath looked miles ahead of what they were last year as well. On the surface, common sense would tell you Boyle is probably better, but until they play someone know one really knows how much better. Until then I stand by my prediction that LC can give them some trouble. Last year, doesn’t matter. 2017, doesn’t matter. None of it matters except this year. Although I did find Hatz stat about winning both games in the past pretty interesting.

Looking ahead let’s say Boyle puts a running clock on Lexington Catholic or beats them by at least 3 TD’S what will your opinion be of Boyle then?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Looking ahead let’s say Boyle puts a running clock on Lexington Catholic or beats them by at least 3 TD’S what will your opinion be of Boyle then?

Well like I said my opinion is subject to change when BC plays a solid team. But just to be clear, I have a high opinion and a lot of respect for the rebel’s to start with. I know they are a very good team. I just don’t know how good, which is why them playing a solid team would tell us more. This isn’t a shot or putting them down, but we’ve heard the same stuff last year. Granted I don’t tbink lex cath is as good as Corbin was last year, but we don’t know until we see more from everyone. But to answer your question, if BC puts this game away with ease, then they are rightfully the favorite. They may be the favorite now, but I guess I’m a skeptic, I need proof in results, and I try to do so objectively. Some (one)gets mad and loses it because I don’t crown BC right now, but anyone can go back and see I was the same way with my own team last year. Over and over I said BC was the team to beat and favorite until someone knocked them off. That was because of what they had, and what they proved in the season. It’s no different this year. They’re a contender, but until they play someone that can give them a game, we don’t know how high their ceiling is??? If they knock LC out with a running clock, I’ll freely admit they are the team to beat, it doesn’t hurt my pride to do so because I know we Won’t be in the running for it until next year. But you have one fan who turns any slight objective criticism from me, into BC is garbage, or overrated. Which simply isn’t true. I have the upmost respect for them, their players, and 99.9% of their fans, including you. But the good thing is for us fans, time will certainly tell us a lot over the next few weeks. Good luck to you guys.
Hound05 Wrote:Well like I said my opinion is subject to change when BC plays a solid team. But just to be clear, I have a high opinion and a lot of respect for the rebel’s to start with. I know they are a very good team. I just don’t know how good, which is why them playing a solid team would tell us more. This isn’t a shot or putting them down, but we’ve heard the same stuff last year. Granted I don’t tbink lex cath is as good as Corbin was last year, but we don’t know until we see more from everyone. But to answer your question, if BC puts this game away with ease, then they are rightfully the favorite. They may be the favorite now, but I guess I’m a skeptic, I need proof in results, and I try to do so objectively. Some (one)gets mad and loses it because I don’t crown BC right now, but anyone can go back and see I was the same way with my own team last year. Over and over I said BC was the team to beat and favorite until someone knocked them off. That was because of what they had, and what they proved in the season. It’s no different this year. They’re a contender, but until they play someone that can give them a game, we don’t know how high their ceiling is??? If they knock LC out with a running clock, I’ll freely admit they are the team to beat, it doesn’t hurt my pride to do so because I know we Won’t be in the running for it until next year. But you have one fan who turns any slight objective criticism from me, into BC is garbage, or overrated. Which simply isn’t true. I have the upmost respect for them, their players, and 99.9% of their fans, including you. But the good thing is for us fans, time will certainly tell us a lot over the next few weeks. Good luck to you guys.

Good answer and good luck to Corbin.
I said it in another thread and I still think it’s true, some of the Boyle Co fans let their hatred of all things Lex Cath over shadow their good judgement.... It’s a heated rivalry I get it I’m the same way with Fell Co....Having said that if Lex Cath was in any other district they’d prolly be playing for and winning regions...

How is it that you manage to turn every thread, including this one, which is a thread about a specific game between Covington Catholic and Lexington Catholic, into nothing but a platform for you to discuss Boyle County? Almost 2/3 of the posts in this thread have either mentioned Boyle County, or are straight up and down about Boyle County. It's hard to read through threads on here you have the same handful of posters turning every discussion into Boyle County football. We could have a thread about Olympic swimming, and it's a foregone conclusion that someone is going to butt in with "Michael Phelps might be good....but BC would have put a running clock on him and wouldn't have even been mentioned on the all-state team".

Does anyone else have anything they can actually say about, oh, I dunno…..the Covington Catholic versus Lexington Catholic game from Friday? It might be a novel idea to get to discuss that in this thread instead of how things went between Boyle County and Lexington Catholic in their game last year. I'm pretty sure that game had its own thread.
TheOracle Wrote:How is it that you manage to turn every thread, including this one, which is a thread about a specific game between Covington Catholic and Lexington Catholic, into nothing but a platform for you to discuss Boyle County? Almost 2/3 of the posts in this thread have either mentioned Boyle County, or are straight up and down about Boyle County. It's hard to read through threads on here you have the same handful of posters turning every discussion into Boyle County football. We could have a thread about Olympic swimming, and it's a foregone conclusion that someone is going to butt in with "Michael Phelps might be good....but BC would have put a running clock on him and wouldn't have even been mentioned on the all-state team".

Does anyone else have anything they can actually say about, oh, I dunno…..the Covington Catholic versus Lexington Catholic game from Friday? It might be a novel idea to get to discuss that in this thread instead of how things went between Boyle County and Lexington Catholic in their game last year. I'm pretty sure that game had its own thread.

After a long week of dedicated practice, Fosho is ready to compete. He cleans his cleats. Washes his uniform. Polishes his helmet and prepares for the grand culmination on Friday night. All of his hard work and preparation are unmatched. He truly is a team leader. He has dreamt of this time since he was a child. This is his time. This is his life. Boyle county or nothing! All else be damned....he is going to talk about it regardless of its relevance because that’s all that matters in life.
TheOracle Wrote:How is it that you manage to turn every thread, including this one, which is a thread about a specific game between Covington Catholic and Lexington Catholic, into nothing but a platform for you to discuss Boyle County? Almost 2/3 of the posts in this thread have either mentioned Boyle County, or are straight up and down about Boyle County. It's hard to read through threads on here you have the same handful of posters turning every discussion into Boyle County football. We could have a thread about Olympic swimming, and it's a foregone conclusion that someone is going to butt in with "Michael Phelps might be good....but BC would have put a running clock on him and wouldn't have even been mentioned on the all-state team".

Best Post of the year!

Confusednicker:
Lex Cath had Cov Cath beat 3 ways to Sunday and their coaching staff gave the game away. No reason Cov Cath should have won that game.

Which leads me to believe that the same thing will happen in the Boyle Co game.

:thatsfunn
Woodsman Wrote:After a long week of dedicated practice, Fosho is ready to compete. He cleans his cleats. Washes his uniform. Polishes his helmet and prepares for the grand culmination on Friday night. All of his hard work and preparation are unmatched. He truly is a team leader. He has dreamt of this time since he was a child. This is his time. This is his life. Boyle county or nothing! All else be damned....he is going to talk about it regardless of its relevance because that’s all that matters in life.
Haha. All I could think about reading this was uncle Rico from Napoleon dynamite. “If I could just go back, we woulda won state!! I can chuck a football over that mountain!”
Hound05 Wrote:Haha. All I could think about reading this was uncle Rico from Napoleon dynamite. “If I could just go back, we woulda won state!! I can chuck a football over that mountain!”

Confusednicker::Shaking: no you couldn't
plantmanky Wrote:Lex Cath had Cov Cath beat 3 ways to Sunday and their coaching staff gave the game away. No reason Cov Cath should have won that game.

Which leads me to believe that the same thing will happen in the Boyle Co game.

I guess you didn’t watch the game?
Hound05 Wrote:Haha. All I could think about reading this was uncle Rico from Napoleon dynamite. “If I could just go back, we woulda won state!! I can chuck a football over that mountain!”

No seriously....I truly think fosho is convinced he is on the team.