Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid kicked out for 2 games after 1min 37sec
I have to admit that after being around the sport for longer than 40 yrs. I have never seen nor heard of a kid athlete recieve a person foul for throwing the ball back to the ref after the play had finished. Nor have I seen that same kid get another personal foul for celebrating after a play for pointing 1st down. I dont even recall the refs explaining to the kid nor coach on what happened. All that less than 2 minutes of the game. I feel like it was way over done and handled the completely wrong way. Being kicked out 2 games for that seems like he was targeted. That's my oppion.
The referee must have been a Democrat.
Sounds like a crew that wouldn’t know the rules on an ineligible receiver...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Sounds like a crew that wouldn’t know the rules on an ineligible receiver...
It was a running back. The refs were at a Knox Central game against SOUTHWESTERN. I know with a group of refs are always different everywhere. When it becomes topic over 3 radio stations. It has to be something pretty big.
I throught football was 1 game
The coach can take it to khsaa and request a review of it they do them on Tuesday of every week
Need more context and info.
Woodsman Wrote:Need more context and info.

Woodsman is right. On the surface it sounds like BS on the refs part. But there could have been more on the field “issues”. He could have been warned to tone it down, he could have showed poor sportsmanship with his words before hand. I’m not saying he did. But it’s hard for anyone on here who wasn’t there to come to the same conclusion as you. Not taking either side, just to be clear
GoldenSpirit Wrote:I have to admit that after being around the sport for longer than 40 yrs. I have never seen nor heard of a kid athlete recieve a person foul for throwing the ball back to the ref after the play had finished. Nor have I seen that same kid get another personal foul for celebrating after a play for pointing 1st down. I dont even recall the refs explaining to the kid nor coach on what happened. All that less than 2 minutes of the game. I feel like it was way over done and handled the completely wrong way. Being kicked out 2 games for that seems like he was targeted. That's my oppion.

While I'm the first to jump down a Ref's throat, I'm a little perplexed here. First of all, you are not supposed to throw the ball to the ref, you should leave it where it lies or hand it to the ref. Also, you're not allowed to point/taunt/anything like that as its considered unsportsman like conduct. That should have been taught by the teams coach. It's not the Ref's job to instill decent sportsmanship in the players, no explanation needed. Two unsportsman like conduct/personal fouls = Ejection.
He threw the ball to the kid from Knox Central, not the ref, after a nice run. It was on the fox56 highlights. I’m not sure what happened on the second one I wasn’t there.
Was It a Knox player or southern? Trying to recap in my mind from watching fox 56
Never mind watched the replay figured it out
Real Badman Wrote:While I'm the first to jump down a Ref's throat, I'm a little perplexed here. First of all, you are not supposed to throw the ball to the ref, you should leave it where it lies or hand it to the ref. Also, you're not allowed to point/taunt/anything like that as its considered unsportsman like conduct. That should have been taught by the teams coach. It's not the Ref's job to instill decent sportsmanship in the players, no explanation needed. Two unsportsman like conduct/personal fouls = Ejection.
So you say by tossing an underhand throw back to the ref is a bad thing. I see it every game every week done by pee-wee, youth, middle,high school and college. So you must be extremely tough on your kids. 2nd, just pointing forward is also bad. Not stepping, or screaming or anything like that. Just pointing forward is worth a ejection. What if the flex their muscles. Or yell out. Is that all the same. And do it in less than 2 min of a game. REMARKABLE
It was a SW KID that is extremely well known for his great sportsman ship. A 4.0 student, and has colleges looking at him. All that is jeopardized because being out 2 games. I watched the film and see no such thing. One flag, the play was still going on, so the kid couldnt had pitched the ball back and the other was that he did point forward saying 1st down.
KHSAA never reviews ejections nor overturns them anymore unless it is solely a discrepancy in which number committed the ejection foul. They do not make judgement calls based on film. They back the refs 100 percent and stand by their decision unless there is a jersey number discrepancy on the offender. Not a good policy when a single ref can take any kid out of a ballgame at anytime with no ramifications- no reinstatement’s etc. Refs can make or break a ballgame - 90% of them are great guys and try and do the right thing. But there is a 10% that can be swayed on any given night and change the outcome. Just the world we live in.
I have been to plenty of games where a offensive player makes a great run and when he’s tackled he’s amped up. He may pop up and signal first down. It’s up to the refs discretion at that point wether it’s taunting or not. Guys I know that officiate will generally talk to the player unless it’s so obvious that he was taunting a player, or the player has been a head ache for much of the game. With out the film it’s hard to side either way
Can anyone share a link to the video in question?
^^I looked on fox56 and couldn’t find it???
Woodsman Wrote:Can anyone share a link to the video in question?

On Wymt sports overtime it shows him just underhand the ball to a kid from Knox it wasn’t towards his face or anything bad he just flipped it to him.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:On Wymt sports overtime it shows him just underhand the ball to a kid from Knox it wasn’t towards his face or anything bad he just flipped it to him.

Ok I saw it. Yea it didn’t look like much to me. But I’m not gonna jump the gun on the ref. There COULD have been other things to go along with this. I wasn’t there so my opinion means jack. If it wasn’t deserved, then I feel for the kid having to miss two games his senior year due to the agenda of an official.
bstevie74 Wrote:I have been to plenty of games where a offensive player makes a great run and when he’s tackled he’s amped up. He may pop up and signal first down. It’s up to the refs discretion at that point wether it’s taunting or not. Guys I know that officiate will generally talk to the player unless it’s so obvious that he was taunting a player, or the player has been a head ache for much of the game. With out the film it’s hard to side either way
It was in the 1st two minutes of the game. I don't think it was to the point yet.
The kid is a kid and is going to be amped up. His coach should have pulled him aside for a play or two and explained what would happen if he got another one. Did this happen?
You're right, he is a kid. He got a flag when the play was still going on. They got him for tossing the ball back to the ref. Less that 30 seconds later he was called for pointing towards 1st down. He wasnt coached or instructed by the refs in any way. Film has been watched numerous times by numerous people and it shouldn't hadn't played that way out. Also, the other teams coach made remarks on the official's actions. But like you said. Nothing gets overturned. So a kid looses 2 games due to that and or a mistake calling.
Don't draw attention to yourself in the game as a player... its easy.... when you do you give your fate to the officials. Good lesson for his team.