Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 9-13
RAMS travel to Pikeville Friday Night. RAMS coming off of a good win over Rowan Co. 42-7 & the Panthers off of a tough win over a good Paintsville team 9-8.

Thoughts?
Rams 21-7
pjdoug Wrote:Rams 21-7

Hahahahah that’s the way to kick it off pj!
If Pikeville doesn’t win this game by at least 4 touchdowns then we all will know how weak 1A football is this year!

It's always fun when Raceland and Pikeville fan get together. Pdoug is going to make it even more interesting. This should be a fun week.

Confusednicker:
Westside Wrote:It's always fun when Raceland and Pikeville fan get together. Pdoug is going to make it even more interesting. This should be a fun week.

Confusednicker:

The normal ram fans aren’t riding so high this year so this week might not be as fun as it has been in the past! The Rams looked like they had fun last week! Let’s hope they can build on it and keep this game somewhat close

Admire the confidence. Thanks for the bulletin board material for our fans. Lol. Players sure won’t need to see it to be fired up. They know, like everyone, Pikeville and Paintsville is always a battle. Definitely won’t be overlooking the Rams. One game at a time. Who is up for Williamsburg this week?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Hahahahah that’s the way to kick it off pj!

No sense in wasting time. lol
PHSForever Wrote:Admire the confidence. Thanks for the bulletin board material for our fans. Lol. Players sure won’t need to see it to be fired up. They know, like everyone, Pikeville and Paintsville is always a battle. Definitely won’t be overlooking the Rams. One game at a time. Who is up for Williamsburg this week?

I used to stand on the railroad tracks at practice and talk trash to the train that was about to run over me.lol... #1 Williamsburg plays a mediocre Frankfort team.
Going with Pikeville leave it with that :mop::mop:

Pikeville 42
Raceland 13
pjdoug Wrote:I used to stand on the railroad tracks at practice and talk trash to the train that was about to run over me.lol... #1 Williamsburg plays a mediocre Frankfort team.

#1? In their district maybe. Lol

“See that flash of light in the corner of your eye?It’s the career dissipation light” for your career as a ranker lol (props for anyone who can get the movie reference).
Pikeville 35-21
Pikeville should win this one going away. It’s good to see Raceland regain some desire last week at Rowan, but the Rams would have had trouble with Pikeville even with Heighton.
Pikeville 36 - Raceland 21
I think the Paintsville win over Beechwood made us all take a look at the Tigers. Pikeville was the consensus preseason favorite, Paintsville gave them all they wanted. Raceland had high Hope's. Playing very well and in some cases looking better than Belfry in their scrimmage and dominating a 5A MontgomeryCo. All of that being said. Beechwood is not the Beechwood they have been the last few years, that's from speaking with those around the program. Belfry had several key kids out of the scrimmage. Raceland got trounced by a Russell team that I believe is goina under the radar make things interesting in their class and lost their starting QB for who really knows how long. Still alot of its and buts, question Mark's across the board. But by this point in the season, perinial contenders for the title seeing each other in regular season matchups give us a good gauge of comparable numbers. Raceland has never won at Pikeville and are goina have to pull some pretty remarkable stuff to do so. I do think we have rebounded a bit and Hughes got some confidence in his recievers and the recievers in him last week at Rowan. Still a tall task for my Rams.

Panthers 35
Rams 17
Panthers need to iron out some offensive issues, I still see this as a rivalry game that will be closer then people think this early in the year. Both teams are going to be fired up, but the Panthers will pull away in the end. Hoping for an injury free game. Go Panthers!
PHSForever Wrote:#1? In their district maybe. Lol

“See that flash of light in the corner of your eye?It’s the career dissipation light” for your career as a ranker lol (props for anyone who can get the movie reference).

I was referring to the Williamsburg Yellow Jackets. The best 1A team in the state. I don't care about no Opie quotes Smile
Hambley Wrote:Panthers need to iron out some offensive issues, I still see this as a rivalry game that will be closer then people think this early in the year. Both teams are going to be fired up, but the Panthers will pull away in the end. Hoping for an injury free game. Go Panthers!
closer than.
pjdoug Wrote:I was referring to the Williamsburg Yellow Jackets. The best 1A team in the state. I don't care about no Opie quotes Smile

1). That’s what I was referring to as well. Williamsburg being #1 in the state in your mind just proves you’re dreaming. #1 in their district.

2) Sad you’ve never apparently seen Backdraft. Pretty decent movie. Lol
Went overboard on the Pikeville-Paintsville game last week, so I'll try not to do that again Lol. I think the Panthers got this one, but it's always a good rivalry for both teams. Something to consider is, the better the competition a team has in it's district/region, the better it is for any team. Really hope the teams like Raceland, Paintsville, Hazard, Williamsburg, etc., all remain strong. It's good for our side of the state regardless who represents at Kroger Field. Now, having said all of that ;

PANTHERS - 38
RAMS - 18
I look at this game as a learning game. Pikeville got a little reality check last week. They may be the best team but you better come to play each week or you will lose. Raceland has had a odd first 3 games . Beat Greenup get steamrolled at Russell beat a Rowan team that lets be honest is not that good. Now with all that said this game this game for the Rams imo is just a gut check. Step up and pull the upset and your season has a whole different look. Lose in a blowout well thats what most expect. The Panthers have said they were the team to beat all year so we will come take our whooping and see you in November when it really matters and we are the team we all expected to be with our qb back. Pikeville 28 Rams 14
Ramfan02 Wrote:I look at this game as a learning game. Pikeville got a little reality check last week. They may be the best team but you better come to play each week or you will lose. Raceland has had a odd first 3 games . Beat Greenup get steamrolled at Russell beat a Rowan team that lets be honest is not that good. Now with all that said this game this game for the Rams imo is just a gut check. Step up and pull the upset and your season has a whole different look. Lose in a blowout well thats what most expect. The Panthers have said they were the team to beat all year so we will come take our whooping and see you in November when it really matters and we are the team we all expected to be with our qb back. Pikeville 28 Rams 14

These two always play each other good. Always great competition, and shouldn't be any different this season. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game.
pjdoug Wrote:I used to stand on the railroad tracks at practice and talk trash to the train that was about to run over me.lol... #1 Williamsburg plays a mediocre Frankfort team.

You are talking about #1 in middle school right PJDoug, just kidding buddy. Don’t play on the railroad tracks either. I will give my opinion on Williamsburg in about 3 weeks. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville wins big... Scored early and often
Pikeville needs to keep the ball on the ground in between the tackles! If they throw the ball more then 8 times it’s a mistake! They will move the ball in chunks if they just keep it simple and run the clock !
Look for a tight game Panthers 21- 14 over yams
Rams by eleventy billion!
Pikeville-34
Raceland-14
RAMDAD50 Wrote:If Pikeville doesn’t win this game by at least 4 touchdowns then we all will know how weak 1A football is this year!

RAMDAD must be wearing his Pikeville World Order T-Shirt tonight under his RAM Nation pajamas.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Rams by eleventy billion!

At least.