Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 39 Lexington Catholic 38
final
wow
Being down like that and winning is a sign of a good football team
bo67 Wrote:Being down like that and winning is a sign of a good football team

Absolutely! I’ll be the first to say I didn’t give LC much credit. But after a close win over Pulaski, and a close loss to CC it’s got my noodle spinning.
I didn’t see this coming.
Congrats Cov.Cath and Lex.Cath! What a game.
I almost picked Lexington Catholic in this one. Their quarterback is a game changer.
Can I have your attention?!?! Can I I have your attention?!?!

LEXINGTON CATHOLIC IS BETTER THAN ADVERTISED!!!!! They may actually give Boyle a run for their money in that district.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Can I have your attention?!?! Can I I have your attention?!?!

LEXINGTON CATHOLIC IS BETTER THAN ADVERTISED!!!!! They may actually give Boyle a run for their money in that district.

:pondering:
Congrats to Cov Cath. Lex Cath played closer than I expected
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Can I have your attention?!?! Can I I have your attention?!?!

Cov cath played an atrocious first half and most of the third quarter. Turnovers and soft defense were almost their downfall. With that said, lex cath is a very good football team! Very good. Beau Allen is legit...which I didn’t fully realize until tonight. He has the talent, team mates, and offensive scheme to play with darn near anyone. I think lex cath looked gassed in the fourth quarter. They will do well as the season progresses.

No. They won't. 😂
Woodsman Wrote:Cov cath played an atrocious first half and most of the third quarter. Turnovers and soft defense were almost their downfall. With that said, lex cath is a very good football team! Very good. Beau Allen is legit...which I didn’t fully realize until tonight. He has the talent, team mates, and offensive scheme to play with darn near anyone. I think lex cath looked gassed in the fourth quarter. They will do well as the season progresses.

Keep in mind Cov Cath's.first score in the 1st quarter was set up by a bad snap by Lex Cath which gave The Colonels a 1st and 10 at the Knight 's 15 yard line.
So, they didn't exactly play error free. You are right about Beau Allen. He is the real deal.
Boyle Co held to LexCath to 99 yards passing last season and we are better this season.

I cannot WAIT to watch the Rebels and Knights in mid-October.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co held to LexCath to 99 yards passing last season and we are better this season.

I cannot WAIT to watch the Rebels and Knights in mid-October.

That means squat. I hope they make you cry.
Westside Wrote:Keep in mind Cov Cath's.first score in the 1st quarter was set up by a bad snap by Lex Cath which gave The Colonels a 1st and 10 at the Knight 's 15 yard line.
So, they didn't exactly play error free. You are right about Beau Allen. He is the real deal.

And Cov cath had a turnover on downs inside the 5 yard line. They also fumbled the ball while driving not once but twice. Not saying lex cath played error free at all....just saying Cov cath played uncharacteristic for a majority of the game. I’m still trying to figure out the cov cath defensive game plan. It seems they wanted to limit Allen going vertical every play and rely on their offense to out score lex cath? I dont fully understand that because Allen was throwing to the flat and running the ball at will....but I guess their plan worked, so what do I know.
pjdoug Wrote:That means squat. I hope they make you cry.

Troll
Wow, 4A going to tough :HitWall:
Woodsman Wrote:And Cov cath had a turnover on downs inside the 5 yard line. They also fumbled the ball while driving not once but twice. Not saying lex cath played error free at all....just saying Cov cath played uncharacteristic for a majority of the game. I’m still trying to figure out the cov cath defensive game plan. It seems they wanted to limit Allen going vertical every play and rely on their offense to out score lex cath? I dont fully understand that because Allen was throwing to the flat and running the ball at will....but I guess their plan worked, so what do I know.

I think Lex Cath had something to do with that.
FoSho Wrote:Troll

Delusionist.
Westside Wrote:I think Lex Cath had something to do with that.

They shor did.
Westside Wrote:I think Lex Cath had something to do with that.

No doubt about that. I’m not suggesting they didn’t.
Is Lexington Catholic that good or is Covington Catholic overrated
sstack Wrote:Is Lexington Catholic that good or is Covington Catholic overrated

LexCath is a team that is not going to overpower you. They do what they do very well and an athletic secondary is key to shutting them down.

I'll say this, IMO it's more of a reflection of CovCath not being an elite team. The film I saw of a couple of those deep passes by Allen should have been an easy INT yet CovCath managed to allow receivers to still make the catch.

If they play like they did last night they’ll def give Boyle a game. It’s hard to beat a team like Boyle twice though, and they’ll more than likely see them with the new playoff system. But I could see BC dropping one to them if lex plays like they did last night.
Hound05 Wrote:If they play like they did last night they’ll def give Boyle a game. It’s hard to beat a team like Boyle twice though, and they’ll more than likely see them with the new playoff system. But I could see BC dropping one to them if lex plays like they did last night.

Not that it really matters but historically speaking, whoever has won the regular season game has ALWAYS won the playoff rematch. :Thumbs:
Boyle will probably play Catholic twice this year and neither game will be close.
sstack Wrote:Is Lexington Catholic that good or is Covington Catholic overrated

A mixture of both and there is no way around that. If you Boyle people think lex cath is such a push over....good luck and don’t say we didn’t tell you so.

Cov cath is very good. They played like garbage last night and lex cath presented a matchup nightmare for their defense. I still question the Cch defensive strategy. Regardless, lex cath has a formidable offense and adequate defense. Those who choose to write them off do so at their own peril. Good luck over confident Boyle fans. Not saying lex cath can beat Boyle (nor do I care), but adults acting all Biff Tannen about high school football is laughable.
Woodsman Wrote:A mixture of both and there is no way around that. If you Boyle people think lex cath is such a push over....good luck and don’t say we didn’t tell you so.

Cov cath is very good. They played like garbage last night and lex cath presented a matchup nightmare for their defense. I still question the Cch defensive strategy. Regardless, lex cath has a formidable offense and adequate defense. Those who choose to write them off do so at their own peril. Good luck over confident Boyle fans. Not saying lex cath can beat Boyle (nor do I care), but adults acting all Biff Tannen about high school football is laughable.

Last year we put a running clock on LexCath. Allen threw for 99 insignificant yards because the game was already decided. He was 0-10 passing in the first half (although he had some rushing yards). Is LexCath better? Probably. Is Boyle County better? Yes.

We will not take them lightly. It is our most hated rival and our kids will be ready to show what they can do. That game is the focal point of our season.

Don't say we didn't warn YOU.
Hatz Wrote:Not that it really matters but historically speaking, whoever has won the regular season game has ALWAYS won the playoff rematch. :Thumbs:

Hmm that’s pretty interesting and I could see how it’s worked out that way. But, and I don’t know that’s why I’m asking, out of all the times that each team has swept the other, how outmatched has the loser been in those seasons? I’m not saying they are evenly matched this season, but I’d say it’s closer than it has been in recent years. I’m tickled to death about the next 3 weeks of Kentucky football. It’s going to tell us a lot about the top teams. Good luck to you guys