Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrass Rivals Class 4A Rankings 9-2
Hound05 Wrote:Well I’d say it was to be expected with last years line, because in 2017 you all had a brick wall. I said it then, and I’ll say it again, as a unit, that was the best Oline I’ve seen in HS football in my entire life! And just so it’s clear to everyone else reading, I’m not saying last years was horrible, or anything about them. But 2017 was a thing to behold and watch. If your line this year is anything close to them, it’s going to be a tough outing for opponents. But I’m with ya on ranking, they are useless and for us to bicker about. Until the 3&4th round of the playoffs.

Just curious....did you see Belfry’s 14-16 lines? .....I would put them up with any I have seen. Not saying you are wrong, but that Belfry line was fantastic. I certainly think a Corbin fan would think that considering an 84-31 advantage Belfry had over CHS in 15-16. Boyle’s line was obviously much better in 17 than last year.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Highlands plays Boyle at Boyle.

Oops thought it was a home game for Highlands. Still think a prediction of a comfortable win is bold.
Btw, Hound everyone obviously has a right to their opinion. I see a lot more of Belfry than I do Boyle. Mostly look at Boyle on tape.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Highlands plays Boyle at Boyle.

Went to Boyle last time Highlands played there, visitor stands suck and can’t see game. We sat in home side and have to say most fans were fine but had one guy who just could not let go all game about us sitting were we could see the game, his wife was pissed about the way he was acting and apologized several times. Part of fun traveling to away games is talking to fans of other team but some people just take it to serious
sstack Wrote:Went to Boyle last time Highlands played there, visitor stands suck and can’t see game. We sat in home side and have to say most fans were fine but had one guy who just could not let go all game about us sitting were we could see the game, his wife was pissed about the way he was acting and apologized several times. Part of fun traveling to away games is talking to fans of other team but some people just take it to serious

I wonder who that was Confusednicker:
bucslover68 Wrote:Just curious....did you see Belfry’s 14-16 lines? .....I would put them up with any I have seen. Not saying you are wrong, but that Belfry line was fantastic. I certainly think a Corbin fan would think that considering an 84-31 advantage Belfry had over CHS in 15-16. Boyle’s line was obviously much better in 17 than last year.

There's been lots of good lines over the years, but I agree on his comment "as a unit". it was like they were fine tuned and in perfect rhythm working as a team and not making any mistakes at all and kept it up for the whole game.. Corbin couldn't do anything to stop it. kind of like how your Belfry team controlled the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half at Corbin, and How Corbin did Boyle County at home last year.
sstack Wrote:Oops thought it was a home game for Highlands. Still think a prediction of a comfortable win is bold.

Just my opinion Pal. Could be wrong. I probably should explain my idea of a comfortable win. To me, a comfortable win is leading a game 10-14 points from the 2nd Qtr on and winning by that margin. Maybe some people see it different. I dont think a comfortable margin has to be 4 TD's or a running clock. I guess I'm use to Belfry football. With our ground and pound, once we get up by 10-14 points we can control the game. But like I said, everyone has their opinion on what a comfortable margin is.
sstack Wrote:Went to Boyle last time Highlands played there, visitor stands suck and can’t see game. We sat in home side and have to say most fans were fine but had one guy who just could not let go all game about us sitting were we could see the game, his wife was pissed about the way he was acting and apologized several times. Part of fun traveling to away games is talking to fans of other team but some people just take it to serious

We have new visitors stands since Mr Towles and company came to town a few years ago.