Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Walton-Verona 09/06
Thoughts and predictions :popcorn:

North Laurel 1-1
Walton-Verona 1-1
Walton Verona 21-7
If Walton Verona can stop the run they’ll win. In typical Chris Larkey fashion, North Laurel has thrown the ball 8 times for 23 yards in two games.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:If Walton Verona can stop the run they’ll win. In typical Chris Larkey fashion, North Laurel has thrown the ball 8 times for 23 yards in two games.
Wrong
It’s actually 14-24 for 148 yards in two games.
With almost 700 yards rushing
Not according to khsaa. Maybe it hasn’t been updated yet though. Still, a whopping 74 yards a game. They’re very one dimensional, and will be easy to stop for a decent defensive team.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Not according to khsaa. Maybe it hasn’t been updated yet though. Still, a whopping 74 yards a game. They’re very one dimensional, and will be easy to stop for a decent defensive team.

It’s easy to see the khsaa hasn’t updated it, it clearly says 1 game. So i was just correcting you. You can focus on whatever stats you like, always evident and clear you will find something to bust North on, I mean it’s been two games so not a wide range of data beside two games to go on, yet you refuse to see the 350 per game rushing. There isn’t anythjng wrong with 350 rushing and 74 passing per game average.
You are too obvious
3wishes Wrote:It’s easy to see the khsaa hasn’t updated it, it clearly says 1 game. So i was just correcting you. You can focus on whatever stats you like, always evident and clear you will find something to bust North on, I mean it’s been two games so not a wide range of data beside two games to go on, yet you refuse to see the 350 per game rushing. There isn’t anythjng wrong with 350 rushing and 74 passing per game average.
You are too obvious

You can correct me all you want, I really don’t care. The stats I read were the ones I posted. Last season was a pretty wide range of data. 88 to 89 passing yards per game. I would bet that 75% of those came during the three teams North beat. Larkey makes himself one dimensional, and predictable. I’m not busting North, there was a time when I rooted for them just like I do for every tri-County team unless they’re playing the hounds. It’s Larkey I dislike. Either way, he beats the teams he should most of the time and never beats the teams he shouldn't. He also tries to force kids into his system instead of tweaking the system to fit his kids.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:You can correct me all you want, I really don’t care. The stats I read were the ones I posted. Last season was a pretty wide range of data. 88 to 89 passing yards per game. I would bet that 75% of those came during the three teams North beat.

Actually not right again, you like to spout what you think as a fact instead of it actually being the right thing.
It was easy to find the 4 games North won and it isn’t like you said.
Khsaa has
31 against Prestonsburg
0 against Grant
103 against Clay
64 against Middlesboro

Yet the close games they lost they had

214 against Perry, lost by 2 points
143 against Letcher
155 against Harlan Co lost in overtime
3wishes Wrote:Actually not right again, you like to spout what you think as a fact instead of it actually being the right thing.
Khsaa has
31 against Prestonsburg
0 against Grant
103 against Clay
64 against Middlesboro

143 against Letcher

That’s right, me saying “I would bet” is the same as me stating something as fact. Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story though.
3wishes Wrote:Actually not right again, you like to spout what you think as a fact instead of it actually being the right thing.
Khsaa has
31 against Prestonsburg
0 against Grant
103 against Clay
64 against Middlesboro

143 against Letcher

Your close games where in the worst district in the state regardless of class... Go beat your chest about that, you where nothing before Larkey and nothing but a cheesecake schedule and a cloud of dust since he showed up no matter how you want to spin it...
^You both have some serious hate bias, can’t discuss anything with people like you all, that’s clear. No one was beating their chest about anything, I was just correcting some inaccuracies listed. Can’t even talk football smh. It’s just one bust after another with you all good luck in life you all need it.
3wishes Wrote:^You both have some serious hate bias, can’t discuss anything with people like you all, that’s clear. No one was beating their chest about anything, I was just correcting some inaccuracies listed. Can’t even talk football smh. It’s just one bust after another with you all good luck in life you all need it.

:eyeroll: The innocent victim hat doesn't fit you all well at all no matter how you try and spin it....:Shaking: Regardless good luck to the kids Friday night....
3wishes Wrote:It’s easy to see the khsaa hasn’t updated it, it clearly says 1 game. So i was just correcting you. You can focus on whatever stats you like, always evident and clear you will find something to bust North on, I mean it’s been two games so not a wide range of data beside two games to go on, yet you refuse to see the 350 per game rushing. There isn’t anythjng wrong with 350 rushing and 74 passing per game average.
You are too obvious

That's a lot of yards against those powerhouse defenses they've been facing.
Walton 24 north -14
North Laurel 28
Walton 20

Only because I’ve always been a Larkey fan...him or his father. just remember no one likes winners. His dad won over 400 games and chris may get there to before he retires. Larkey’s are great coaches period.
SmashMouth17 Wrote:North Laurel 28
Walton 20

Only because I’ve always been a Larkey fan...him or his father. just remember no one likes winners. His dad won over 400 games and chris may get there to before he retires. Larkey’s are great coaches period.
:biglmao:
Goimg to pick North, but not betting the farm on them. :Cheerlead

North Laurel 21
Walton-Verona 20
Jags by 7
Walton by 21
pjdoug Wrote::biglmao:

Don’t know why your laughing so hard for Dougie you can’t claim your a Rock fan like you have said several different times on here without liking the Larkey’s. Rockcastle was a powerhouse the entire time Tom was here with Chris being offensive coordinator. That’s where 2/3 of Toms wins came from. I understand you are always a Whitley fan first but rock has and always will be the house that Larkey built.
Nobody doubts that Tom Larkey is a great coach. His is top 10 all time in the state of Kentucky in my opinion. By far the best to never win a state championship. Unless he has won one, then 3wishes can correct me. Lol That being said, sometimes the apple does indeed fall far from the tree.
Walton-Verona 28-14
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Don’t know why your laughing so hard for Dougie you can’t claim your a Rock fan like you have said several different times on here without liking the Larkey’s. Rockcastle was a powerhouse the entire time Tom was here with Chris being offensive coordinator. That’s where 2/3 of Toms wins came from. I understand you are always a Whitley fan first but rock has and always will be the house that Larkey built.
Chris and the Jaguars doesn't compare to what the Rockets did, and they didn't even win a championship so I wouldn't over-hype them.
pjdoug Wrote:Chris and the Jaguars doesn't compare to what the Rockets did, and they didn't even win a championship so I wouldn't over-hype them.

Not over hyping them I don’t have to Tom won almost 300 games at the Rock that speaks for itself. Yea we didn’t win a championship but the time period was when Boyle County was unbeatable and in all honesty their was probably no one who would have ended their 5 straight undefeated title runs then. I mean they did have Jacob Tamme when we played them one of the best to play for UK and wasn’t bad in the NFL either.
Chris has won 64 games from 2009-2018. That’s 6.4 per season or 6-4. That’s by far the best any coach has average at North Laurel since 1998. You have to go back 2003 and 2004 before they have a winning season. Both those years North won 6 games and made the playoffs that’s the only time prior to the arrival of Chris that North even won 6 games or made the playoffs. He has made North relevant. He went 8-3 in 2013. 8-4 in 2014 and won there first playoff game since 1998 over Whitley county. 11-2 in 2015 and made it to region final for their first time. 7-5 in 2016 and won first round playoff game. And 9-3 in 2017. Also winning a playoff game. He has done more for North than anyone else and lead them to a region final and an 11 win season. He had 5 straight winning season with more than 6 wins and won several playoff games something that didn’t happen since 1998 until he arrived. I call Chris an pretty successful coach several had tried to win at North Laurel and couldn’t get the job done but he has. Say what you want about Chris but he can coach.
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Not over hyping them I don’t have to Tom won almost 300 games at the Rock that speaks for itself. Yea we didn’t win a championship but the time period was when Boyle County was unbeatable and in all honesty their was probably no one who would have ended their 5 straight undefeated title runs then. I mean they did have Jacob Tamme when we played them one of the best to play for UK and wasn’t bad in the NFL either.

There's no doubt Rockcastle County had a good run, but North Laurel ain't in the same league.
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Chris has won 64 games from 2009-2018. That’s 6.4 per season or 6-4. That’s by far the best any coach has average at North Laurel since 1998. You have to go back 2003 and 2004 before they have a winning season. Both those years North won 6 games and made the playoffs that’s the only time prior to the arrival of Chris that North even won 6 games or made the playoffs. He has made North relevant. He went 8-3 in 2013. 8-4 in 2014 and won there first playoff game since 1998 over Whitley county. 11-2 in 2015 and made it to region final for their first time. 7-5 in 2016 and won first round playoff game. And 9-3 in 2017. Also winning a playoff game. He has done more for North than anyone else and lead them to a region final and an 11 win season. He had 5 straight winning season with more than 6 wins and won several playoff games something that didn’t happen since 1998 until he arrived. I call Chris an pretty successful coach several had tried to win at North Laurel and couldn’t get the job done but he has. Say what you want about Chris but he can coach.

North Laurel is a very large school with plenty talent to chose from. They have underachieved same as my school has overall.
pjdoug Wrote:North Laurel is a very large school with plenty talent to chose from. They have underachieved same as my school has overall.

I think you’re exactly right. Now you guys have a chance to really make some serious strides. Chris has done a solid job at North, not spectacular, but football is not a priority in this county, and he has had to fight that.
Van Hagar Wrote:I think you’re exactly right. Now you guys have a chance to really make some serious strides. Chris has done a solid job at North, not spectacular, but football is not a priority in this county, and he has had to fight that.
The North Laurel fan base is some of my favorites to talk trash with but you are right :biggrin: . . We all know basketball is king in that county, but a lot of talent is wasted on the football field same as it has been here.
Anybody coming to the game in Walton. I was going to swing by on my way home. Let me know.