Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 47 Mingo Central, WV 7
Panther Thunder Wrote:

Awesome stuff as usual PT.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Panther Thunder Wrote:

Always great work PT. Thanks !
#55PirateFan Wrote:Statement win from the best team in 1A! Congrats Panthers, impressive.

If what I'm hearing is true, and I hope its not, that Mingo Centrals coaching staff had words with some Pikeville PLAYERS going in at or after halftime is real classless. Also heard that the Miners didn't stay for the trophy ceremony. I hope this is not true but if it is, that's a bad look for the Mingo Central program. But again, this is just what I heard. I myself never saw it.

Both are true. Ridiculous that at least one coach I know of would do that. Yes I know who at least one was. And for them not to stay out for the trophy was even more classless. Just a one hit wonder program is all they are.
A lot of people here bashing coaching staff. The head coach apparently wasn’t there for whatever reason so this could have been a completely different team and coaching staff with him there. I don’t know that because I don’t follow Mingo or know anything about them but I’m just wishful thinking for them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Head coach was on the sidelines. He has a one game suspension which he gets to choose which game he sets out. He chose for it not to be the Pike County Bowl and another game during the season. They got the brakes beat off them and didn’t like it. No class leaving the field during the trophy presentation. If I were the committee I would find someone else for Belfry next year.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Head coach was on the sidelines. He has a one game suspension which he gets to choose which game he sets out. He chose for it not to be the Pike County Bowl and another game during the season. They got the brakes beat off them and didn’t like it. No class leaving the field during the trophy presentation. If I were the committee I would find someone else for Belfry next year.

Coach Salmons was not on the sidelines against Pikeville. Joey Fields coached while Salmons served his suspension. I doubt this would have happened if he was.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Coach Salmons was not on the sidelines against Pikeville. Joey Fields coached while Salmons served his suspension. I doubt this would have happened if he was.

There’s what I was looking for. A lot of people I know said the head coach wasnt there but I wanted to make sure from others on here before saying so. Assistant coaches and players act a little tougher and like idiots when boss man isn’t there to hold them accountable.
#BBFL
I’m gonna say Vince Lombardi could have been on the sideline with them and it would not have helped them. Pikeville was just much better. Period.
VoR_58 Wrote:I’m gonna say Vince Lombardi could have been on the sideline with them and it would not have helped them. Pikeville was just much better. Period.

Oh yeah, I agree. Pikeville is by far the better team. I was just saying the nonsense that happened afterwards wouldn't have happened if the HC was there.
Spud6 Wrote:There’s what I was looking for. A lot of people I know said the head coach wasnt there but I wanted to make sure from others on here before saying so. Assistant coaches and players act a little tougher and like idiots when boss man isn’t there to hold them accountable.

He wasn't. I know the HC from Mingo well. He's a young head coach and a great person. No way that nonsense happens with him there Saturday. The whole team would have been out there watching Pikeville get their trophy. I believe that with all my heart.
#55PirateFan Wrote:He wasn't. I know the HC from Mingo well. He's a young head coach and a great person. No way that nonsense happens with him there Saturday. The whole team would have been out there watching Pikeville get their trophy. I believe that with all my heart.

You might be right #55 PirateFan and never would I try to second guess you. Then why was he threw out the last game of the season? Now he may be a great guy I don’t know him but believe you but I heard her threw a fit and used some choice words at the officials. Now that may not be true so I really don’t know.
Patriot1 Wrote:You might be right #55 PirateFan and never would I try to second guess you. Then why was he threw out the last game of the season? Now he may be a great guy I don’t know him but believe you but I heard her threw a fit and used some choice words at the officials. Now that may not be true so I really don’t know.

Yes Sir, that's exactly what he did. But how many great coaches/managers from grade school up to the pros have been thrown out of games because they were passionate and competitive? His just happened to be the last game of the year. As far as what he said, I'm not sure. I assume only a select few knows exactly what was said seeing how it was during a game. I can tolerate a coach getting tossed during a game for arguing a call or something, but I wouldn't or couldn't tolerate what happened Saturday night at Pikeville when they wouldn't even come out for the trophy presentation. Complete disrespectful. I guarantee you if Central would have won Coach Mac would have had his whole team out there showing respect. I just believe with all thats in me that if Coach Salmons would have been there all his team would have been out there two.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Head coach was on the sidelines. He has a one game suspension which he gets to choose which game he sets out. He chose for it not to be the Pike County Bowl and another game during the season. They got the brakes beat off them and didn’t like it. No class leaving the field during the trophy presentation. If I were the committee I would find someone else for Belfry next year.

IMO.....I can see Haywood pushing back against a Belfry/MC game with the antics that went on Saturday Night.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Coach Salmons was not on the sidelines against Pikeville. Joey Fields coached while Salmons served his suspension. I doubt this would have happened if he was.

Well.....from what I can tell and been told Fields is just another Yogi Kinder wannabe. If that is in fact the truth....then I fully understand the ridiculous antics that went on during the game and afterward. Kinder is and was a first class jack $&@. Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well.....from what I can tell and been told Fields is just another Yogi Kinder wannabe. If that is in fact the truth....then I fully understand the ridiculous antics that went on during the game and afterward. Kinder is and was a first class jack $&@. Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

That may be the case, I dont know. Alot of people dont like Yogi and that's fine, I'm sure he's not losing alot of sleep over it. Lol! But I do. Most of the people that don't like him never played for him. Because if you ask most of his former players, the ones that was tough enough to stick around, they'd all die for the man! Didnt always agree with his process but the man could flat out coach. I went to Matewan. And every year I was in high school we went to the state championship, winning it in '94 my senior year. And he did it at a very very small Single A school with his OWN players, kids that were supposed to be at Matewan not transfers. And trust me when I tell you, that's saying something. But like I said, Coach Kinder was/is a disliked man and everyone has their opinion.
What I dont understand is why are some Mingo fans still saying they would still beat Belfry if they played this year and Haywood is scared of them. All I had heard since Mingo Central was built was they wanted to play Belfry or Pikeville to show them just how they play football in WV. They had their opportunity to prove a lot of people wrong and didn't.
pirateforlife Wrote:What I dont understand is why are some Mingo fans still saying they would still beat Belfry if they played this year and Haywood is scared of them. All I had heard since Mingo Central was built was they wanted to play Belfry or Pikeville to show them just how they play football in WV. They had their opportunity to prove a lot of people wrong and didn't.

Lol! They don't want a damn thing to do with Belfry. And I'll be honest, I think most of that nonsense is coming from the fanbase not the staff and players. At least that's where I think the talk is coming from anyway.
Yes probably true. The coaches know what would happen from both sides and most fans do too. Fans that believe they could play with Belfry probably couldn't tell you what a first down is lol I would love for Mingo to be able to compete on that level but it starts at the top and until they get someone to run the program with ethics and morals then they will always play 2nd fiddle to Belfry and Pikeville
pirateforlife Wrote:Yes probably true. The coaches know what would happen from both sides and most fans do too. Fans that believe they could play with Belfry probably couldn't tell you what a first down is lol I would for Mingo to be able to compete on that level but it starts at the top and until they get someone to run the program with ethics and morals then they will always play 2nd fiddle to Belfry and Pikeville

Yeah, I think it's just the fanbase. And they have an excellant young head coach now he just wasn't there Saturday night. An assistant coach was running the team at Pikeville. If they leave Coach Salmons alone, he'll get the Miners where they need to be.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Lol! They don't want a damn thing to do with Belfry. And I'll be honest, I think most of that nonsense is coming from the fanbase not the staff and players. At least that's where I think the talk is coming from anyway.

I could almost guarantee that is the truth #55 PirateFan. I never knew Coach Kinder but I did hear a tale about letting his starters off one game to lose so he could get a different seeding in the playoffs. Don’t know if it was true or not but I heard that from Mingo fans.
Let's stop all of the bashing. Saturday night was one of the best football atmospheres that I have seen in 20+ years. Mingo has a very talented team and I believe they will have a great year. Pikeville has a special senior class and most other years this would probably have been a very close game. Yes, some things should have been handled better but this is football and sometimes emotions get the best of you. The PCB would be crazy not to have Mingo going forward with that crowd I saw Saturday night.
Patriot1 Wrote:I could almost guarantee that is the truth #55 PirateFan. I never knew Coach Kinder but I did hear a tale about letting his starters off one game to lose so he could get a different seeding in the playoffs. Don’t know if it was true or not but I heard that from Mingo fans.

Yes Sir, I've heard the same thing. Not sure if its true or not but I've heard it from many, including from Mingo folks.
That is true. Cant remember exact year but I think it was year before they won state. They played jv team to lose to an inferior opponent. They actually ended up with a lower seed but it would have helped them avoid Bridgeport who was the #1 seed that year until the finals. If they would have won they would have played them semi finals. Ended up getting beat before that game even happened so it didnt really end up helping them intentionally losing that game.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well.....from what I can tell and been told Fields is just another Yogi Kinder wannabe. If that is in fact the truth....then I fully understand the ridiculous antics that went on during the game and afterward. Kinder is and was a first class jack $&@. Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

Your right he is a Jack $&@ first class I seen there coaching staff at halftime cussing each other going in the locker room also seen two of Mingo’s players trying to fight with each other and that’s about what it’s always been with them hopefully Sammons can straighten it out but he won’t while he’s got Joey Fields Kinder (little Yogi) it just won’t happen
kywvfan Wrote:Let's stop all of the bashing. Saturday night was one of the best football atmospheres that I have seen in 20+ years. Mingo has a very talented team and I believe they will have a great year. Pikeville has a special senior class and most other years this would probably have been a very close game. Yes, some things should have been handled better but this is football and sometimes emotions get the best of you. The PCB would be crazy not to have Mingo going forward with that crowd I saw Saturday night.

You have the right to your opinion....as do the rest of us. However....after next year.....and I’m still not convinced Belfry and MC will play......I don’t see MC being a constant program in the PCB. The PCB committee typically tries to bring in out of town/out of area talent....so regardless of how up or down the MC program is at that point in time......I just don’t see them being a staple team. Again .....just my opinion.
#55PirateFan Wrote:That may be the case, I dont know. Alot of people dont like Yogi and that's fine, I'm sure he's not losing alot of sleep over it. Lol! But I do. Most of the people that don't like him never played for him. Because if you ask most of his former players, the ones that was tough enough to stick around, they'd all die for the man! Didnt always agree with his process but the man could flat out coach. I went to Matewan. And every year I was in high school we went to the state championship, winning it in '94 my senior year. And he did it at a very very small Single A school with his OWN players, kids that were supposed to be at Matewan not transfers. And trust me when I tell you, that's saying something. But like I said, Coach Kinder was/is a disliked man and everyone has their opinion.

My wife is from Matewan.....and knows all about the culture that Kinder pushed. No doubt he built a powerhouse at Matewan. No easy feat to say the least. But....IMO....the way he coached with fractious, degrading behavior ....and all the on field and off field antics that he was involved in ...seems to cheapen it to an extent. Just my opinion from an outsider’s view with inside knowledge.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Your right he is a Jack $&@ first class I seen there coaching staff at halftime cussing each other going in the locker room also seen two of Mingo’s players trying to fight with each other and that’s about what it’s always been with them hopefully Sammons can straighten it out but he won’t while he’s got Joey Fields Kinder (little Yogi) it just won’t happen

What showed in his eyes during the coin toss was reflected on the field by his players. If you got a recording, take a look. His players, during the coin toss resembled tigers around lions at a circus...….ancie and nervous. I know these are good young men, they're just doing as they're trained by Fields. Jmho.
Not many people know this but Joey Fields actually had a coaching job at Trinity about 3 years ago but ended up leaving before the season to take a position at Walmart in Florida. He done that for I think less than a year then coached at Martinsburg in WV last year before returning this past offseason to call offensive plays at Mingo. The man knows football but doesnt respect the game and it shows.
Panther Thunder Wrote:

That was a great video, Panther Thunder. Do you make the videos yourself?
Joey's job at Trinity was actually last offseason but he wasnt there very long. He left before he ever coached in a game. Obviously he knows football if Bob Beatty made the decision to hire him but think hes better as an assistant than the head man. I heard similar things happened in their scrimmage with Cabell Midland this year that happened with the Pikeville players and he was right in the middle of it. Of course hearsay though.