Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co @ Danville
This coming Friday the Rebels make the cross town drive to play their rivals. Boyle County is coming off of two resounding victories over weaker 5A opponents while the Ads have a 1-1 record against an outmanned 4A school and an up and coming 3A school.

Boyle County is stacked and deep at the skill positions and have done a tremendous job of getting their young talent some reps in their first two blowouts. The Rebels defense is yet to be scored on while the offense is a high powered machine.

Danville is talented but young and will be without their featured tailback who is out because of multiple unsportsmanlike penalties vs Bardstown last Friday. They have strong lineplay and a fantastic LB.

The Rebels have to be considered the favorite but what are your thoughts on the game?
Boyle County is on a roll and I don’t see it stopping at Danville
Uh oh :pondering:

Boyle County 64
Danville 10
Boyle 49
Danville 0

Starters play till running clock then subs again for the rest of the game.
For the record...I have friends (REAL FRIENDS) that are Danville fans. I do not look at them as our "hated rival" (that distinction falls squarely on the steps of the school on Clays Mill Road in Lexington)...I just love these games because like so many others across the state IT MATTERS.

I hope both teams get thru the game healthy.
Chuck names his score. I disagree that Danville has strong lineplay.
Lord Grantham Wrote:Chuck names his score. I disagree that Danville has strong lineplay.

I had heard they did well vs John Hardin, did they not do well @ Bardstown? Take into consideration they lost Burns.

I know they got some "dudes" on that team but they have taken a step back this season because of their youth.
This game is always a hard one to predict. No matter how heavily favored one team is, it’s always has the potential to be a good game that can produce and upset. I think Boyle is a running clock favorite in this one. That being said, I think Boyle wins by less than three td’s.
Boyle 38
Danville 21
Rivalry game of the the week?
Blowout game of the week?
Boyle-50
Danville-7
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This game is always a hard one to predict. No matter how heavily favored one team is, it’s always has the potential to be a good game that can produce and upset. I think Boyle is a running clock favorite in this one. That being said, I think Boyle wins by less than three td’s.
Boyle 38
Danville 21

If Danville scores 21 points Chuck Smith might have to be committed to an insane asylum. I'm guessing that he allows the 1st team to play enough to start preparing for CAL/Highlands.

Rebels - 55
Admirals - 6
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This game is always a hard one to predict. No matter how heavily favored one team is, it’s always has the potential to be a good game that can produce and upset. I think Boyle is a running clock favorite in this one. That being said, I think Boyle wins by less than three td’s.
Boyle 38
Danville 21

Most years I would agree.....but this year I do not. Darrian Bell is a MAN and I love watching him play, but he is only one man. Danville will be a better team at the end of the season but they will fall way short this Friday.
2 years ago the Ads upset Boyle Co, but that was a different Danville team and I don't think they have enough this year to pull the upset off. Anything can happen in a rivalry game but I'm going with Boyle Co.

Boyle 42
Danville 17
Boyle Co big. 48
Danville. 15
This won’t be much of a rivalry game this year. Boyle returned too much, and Danville might be somewhat down. Doesn’t make for a good outcome for the Ad’s. Might be close at first while emotions are running high, but after they settle down the only thing running will be the clock in Danville.
64black&gold Wrote:Most years I would agree.....but this year I do not. Darrian Bell is a MAN and I love watching him play, but he is only one man. Danville will be a better team at the end of the season but they will fall way short this Friday.

Danville has 3 great players on Defense. Darrian Bell (LB) Nick Price (DE) and Seth Gosser(LB) all seniors. They start a Sophomore at one corner and a Freshman at the other corner. They also start a freshman at center. I've heard they should be getting Franklin Simpson Tranfer finally on the field in a Cpl more weeks as he had something wrong with his knee. But back to the game, I think Boyle wins going away this year, they're just to experienced and dominate. After this year I think it will be a battle for years to come.
Rip/Spin Wrote:2 years ago the Ads upset Boyle Co, but that was a different Danville team and I don't think they have enough this year to pull the upset off. Anything can happen in a rivalry game but I'm going with Boyle Co.

Boyle 42
Danville 17

How was it a upset when Danville went 15-0?
Footballfan33 Wrote:How was it a upset when Danville went 15-0?

What does the end of season record have to do with a week 3 game?

That game was a slight upset because the best team didn't win. But that's ok, it happens sometimes.
Footballfan33 Wrote:Danville has 3 great players on Defense. Darrian Bell (LB) Nick Price (DE) and Seth Gosser(LB) all seniors. They start a Sophomore at one corner and a Freshman at the other corner. They also start a freshman at center. I've heard they should be getting Franklin Simpson Tranfer finally on the field in a Cpl more weeks as he had something wrong with his knee. But back to the game, I think Boyle wins going away this year, they're just to experienced and dominate. After this year I think it will be a battle for years to come.

What makes you think after this year it will all of the sudden "be a battle"?
FoSho Wrote:What does the end of season record have to do with a week 3 game?

That game was a slight upset because the best team didn't win. But that's ok, it happens sometimes.

They best team did win that year, they put a running clock on Boyle the year before and returned every player but the QB. So the best team won.
FoSho Wrote:What makes you think after this year it will all of the sudden "be a battle"?

Because Boyle loses19 seniors 9 on defense, pretty much all their skill players. Thats why. Danville will have pretty much everybody back. Boyle will have Will McDaniel and Luke Shepperson and some lineman back. Boyle has a great Sophomores class and so does Danville. Danville has a great freshman class and Boyle lost their do it all back Kaden Moorman, but do have Tommy Zeismer.
Boyle County 35-12
Footballfan33 Wrote:They best team did win that year, they put a running clock on Boyle the year before and returned every player but the QB. So the best team won.

I disagree.

Congrats on the win tho.
Footballfan33 Wrote:Because Boyle loses19 seniors 9 on defense, pretty much all their skill players. Thats why. Danville will have pretty much everybody back. Boyle will have Will McDaniel and Luke Shepperson and some lineman back. Boyle has a great Sophomores class and so does Danville. Danville has a great freshman class and Boyle lost their do it all back Kaden Moorman, but do have Tommy Zeismer.

I think you underestimate the Rebels depth. See ya Friday!
FoSho Wrote:I think you underestimate the Rebels depth. See ya Friday!

There's no Reese Smith, Landon Bartelson, Reiley Colwick, Reed Lanter or Wilson Kelly's in that depth. Stop acting like Boyle got some studs waiting for their turn. They got good players but none like the ones I listed.
Footballfan33 Wrote:There's no Reese Smith, Landon Bartelson, Reiley Colwick, Reed Lanter or Wilson Kelly's in that depth. Stop acting like Boyle got some studs waiting for their turn. They got good players but none like the ones I listed.

Once again, you underestimate the talent pool at BCHS. You will see.
Footballfan33 Wrote:Because Boyle loses19 seniors 9 on defense, pretty much all their skill players. Thats why. Danville will have pretty much everybody back. Boyle will have Will McDaniel and Luke Shepperson and some lineman back. Boyle has a great Sophomores class and so does Danville. Danville has a great freshman class and Boyle lost their do it all back Kaden Moorman, but do have Tommy Zeismer.
Moorman was the key to all of that. Huge loss for them. But I’ve always been the kind of guy who believes if a kid doesn’t want to be there and for the right reasons, then cyaaaaa...... can’t speak for Danville but Boyle’s got some very good players coming up. Corbin has played them twice for a MS championship and split it. Granted Moorman was a difference maker in one of those years but Boyle still had a very good team outside of him. I don’t know if it’ll be on the level they’ve got with this senior class, because no one knows how they’ll develop. If I had to say, I’d say probably not as good as what they have right now but that could change.
Rebels win the Titletown Showdown 48-23.
Danville by 20
Moorman moved to Boyle Co with family. His family got a job in Louisville and he chose to go back home instead of move to Louisville.

His decision had nothing to do with Boyle Co. He didn't have much choice.

Boyle Co will be fine without him, it cannot be said the other way around. I'm afraid playing at Western Hills will prove to be very difficult on him. I hope I'm wrong and I wish the kid well.
Boyle does have some studs in waiting as you mentioned. Some of them you will even get to see on Friday night. You didn't mention Caleb Edmiston who is 6'3" and 300 lbs, Cole Lanter who can star on both offense and defense and Jackson Smith rated as the number 1 kicking prospect in the country. I didn't name some others just to keep this brief. Just because you haven't heard of these young players doesn't mean that they don't exist.