Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 47 Mingo Central, WV 7
Haha Congrats Pikeville! Mingo Central talks sh*t but can’t back it up! 😂
TheTruthwillset Wrote:I don’t blame mingo for not staying. If you was not at the game you don’t know the whole story. Pikeville student cheering section was done right disrespectful and was chanting some very bad things. I would be ashamed if I was there parents.

While they may have been creative, they were not “chanting some very bad things”. Big crowd, lots of yelling and cheering and cow bells, and a Mingo fan goes all the way up to the press box and complains he can’t see due to a couple of fans along the railing watching the game (it was standing room only) and makes them announce it over the PA for people to move. Lol

Couple of nice athletes for Mingo, and they played with a lot of passion. But some of the frustration definitely started showing, such as a couple of times I saw them trying to twist the helmet off a Pikeville player while he was on the ground, etc. My advice is for the Mingo players to hit the weight room more in the off-season. They got flat out manhandled.
TheTruthwillset Wrote:I don’t blame mingo for not staying. If you was not at the game you don’t know the whole story. Pikeville student cheering section was done right disrespectful and was chanting some very bad things. I would be ashamed if I was there parents.

I was there right beside the pep section, the worst they said was Belfry rejects. The mingo fans that sat in on the Pikeville side was much worse.
Congrats Pikeville. Could be best Pikeville team in decades. Let’s see if they can deliver in post season.
Congrats to Panthers. Predicted a blowout. Called out Pikeville fans for sandbagging. The rest of you need to be more like JetPilot and drop some napalm when you are prognosticating.
I don’t comment on here a bunch but on this moronic comment i must! “STUDENT” sections at every school talks trash that’s just kids and a FACT. What most programs and coaches don’t do is instigate and cuss other coaches infront of players while walking to the locker room at half time just because their getting WAY out coached and their asses handed to them or cuss a defender as he blocks a pass on their side of the field and tell the kid their going at him all night because he’s the worst MFing player they’ve got. YOU wanted this game you got your asses handed to you, DEAL
If you honestly believe any team in WV could compete with Trinity, St X or Male then you obviously dont know much. I would compare Martinsburg to Scott County or Cov Cath. There are 20 teams at least in KY that would compete with Wheeling.
Maybe if they would have spent less time in the Avengers headquarters and more time on the practice field then they would have done better last night
ducky Wrote:Congrats Pikeville. Could be best Pikeville team in decades. Let’s see if they can deliver in post season.

2015 may have something to say about that, as well as 2018 team (1 point loss to a loaded Beechwood team), but I get what you’re saying.
I was not at the game but from talking to some people who were and from reading this thread sounds like a embarrassing night all around for the Mingo Central program.
pirateforlife Wrote:If you honestly believe any team in WV could compete with Trinity, St X or Male then you obviously dont know much. I would compare Martinsburg to Scott County or Cov Cath. There are 20 teams at least in KY that would compete with Wheeling.
Wheeling is probably on the level of like pikeville and your better 2A school. Belfry would beat them probably 9/10 times so I don’t get why that poster thinks they are so good. They are good but not gonna compete with bigger schools. Martinsburg on the other hand has the 4th longest winning streak in the country and they don’t even play many wv schools during reg season. Most of their opponents come from D.C, and Pittsburg area. I would say they would probably be the 3rd/4th best team overall in KY. I don’t think they could beat X or trinity or maybe not male but could compete with anyone else, what’s interesting about them is that their enrollment would only put them in your 4A Or maybe 5A I’m not 100% sure
#55PirateFan Wrote:That's sad. Ethan just got home and said he had to sit beside the Mingo section and said the grown ups were terrible. They were talking trash to him and his Belfry buddies because they had Belfry shirts on and told them toward the end of the game that the Miners could still beat Belfry. It's a sad day when grown ups act that way toward kids. He said that they were throwing stuff at them and everything. It was so bad that he got up and left before the game was over.

Well I never got down on that end but I seen Ethan walk by but it was so packed it was ridiculous. They were loud but they should be for their team. They did have a lot of after whistle action going on and only got I think one penalty on them for it but could have had several. But to be honest when I was in high school I probably would have been upset with the way they were getting handled. Kids sometimes let their emotions get them but the adults there is no excuse for them. By the way it was a pleasure to meet you hope to get to hang out some more and talk football. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
The Avengers need to reassemble! They got smoked last night. Their fans was terrible. Yes I’m a Pikeville fan but I was standing on the railing next to to river and softball field and their band came down to stand in front of us. Then my family and I overheard their band director tell some of the band parents they had to come down here because their own fans wouldn’t let them in their section that they was supposed to set up. When your own fans will not let their band set up you see their true colors. I’ve played all over the state when I played and also was a season ticket holder for UK football for years. And for Mingo to be talking crap about our fans is a disgrace. Mingo fans rank right up there with Tennessee and Louisville. And then when the team leaves the field before the trophy presentation it just shows you why they act the way they do. As a Pikeville fan now and someone who grew up playing against Pikeville when I was in school Pikeville would of never done that. And if Pikeville was the one that got their a** handed to them last night you can guarantee Coach Mac and the rest of his staff would of remained on the field until the trophy presentation was over.
PHSForever Wrote:While they may have been creative, they were not “chanting some very bad things”. Big crowd, lots of yelling and cheering and cow bells, and a Mingo fan goes all the way up to the press box and complains he can’t see due to a couple of fans along the railing watching the game (it was standing room only) and makes them announce it over the PA for people to move. Lol

Couple of nice athletes for Mingo, and they played with a lot of passion. But some of the frustration definitely started showing, such as a couple of times I saw them trying to twist the helmet off a Pikeville player while he was on the ground, etc. My advice is for the Mingo players to hit the weight room more in the off-season. They got flat out manhandled.

Agree. Weight room does make a difference, and it showed last night. Just like to add that as long as they've got a coaching staff like they have, poor sportsmanship is always going to rear it's ugly head. Anytime you have a HC and his Coaching staff allowing dirty play like the example you gave, and cursing opposing players and Coaches, then what else do we expect from those players and their character, or the lack of it in the future. Avenger uniforms and chrome numerals alone, just don't get it when it comes to winning a game. What counts is what's wearing those uniforms and who's coaching them. Give me Coach Mac and Coach Haywood's approach to Coaching any day.
tvhs-25 Wrote:Real question is pikeville better than belfry this year?
Well see in about three weeks if we do get beat it won’t be a killing like last night lol
MC is all about firsts. Well, they’re the first program in history to make Belfry and Pikeville get along for one night.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well see in about three weeks if we do get beat it won’t be a killing like last night lol

Now 99PIRATEFAN, you know that’s not a Panthers fan. I for one am not even thinking about Belfry and Pikeville. Right now it’s all about Paintsville. Just like I can bet Belfry isn’t thinking Pikeville. One game at a time. Pikeville did play a good game last night. Now even at that I am sure they can find things to work on. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I’d say they will find a team for Belfry to play next year and Mingo will play Phelps or East Ridge
Patriot1 Wrote:Now 99PIRATEFAN, you know that’s not a Panthers fan. I for one am not even thinking about Belfry and Pikeville. Right now it’s all about Paintsville. Just like I can bet Belfry isn’t thinking Pikeville. One game at a time. Pikeville did play a good game last night. Now even at that I am sure they can find things to work on. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I know that guys isn’t from Pikeville I was rooting for Pikeville last night but I do a lot of rooting for Pikeville now especially since my son in law is there basketball coach it was a great outing by a real good Pikeville team.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Agree. Weight room does make a difference, and it showed last night. Just like to add that as long as they've got a coaching staff like they have, poor sportsmanship is always going to rear it's ugly head. Anytime you have a HC and his Coaching staff allowing dirty play like the example you gave, and cursing opposing players and Coaches, then what else do we expect from those players and their character, or the lack of it in the future. Avenger uniforms and chrome numerals alone, just don't get it when it comes to winning a game. What counts is what's wearing those uniforms and who's coaching them. Give me Coach Mac and Coach Haywood's approach to Coaching any day.

Well said and you exactly right
TheTruthwillset Wrote:Martinsburg or wheeling central would hold there own against anybody in the bluegrass state. Just saying

Y’all just need to stop. Quit trying to compare. You just got it handed to you....and you looked bad in doing it.
I don’t care what a student section chants, adult fans should know better. This game was OVER the second Mingo decided it was a good idea to play man to man defense against Pikeville’s WR’s. Fun to watch and Pikeville secondary has gotten a lot better in a short amount of time. Also the D-line and O-line is getting better every single game. This coming week will be a good early test.
Anyone know what happend as teams were walking to locker room for halftime? Heard there was some chatter going on but that's just hear say. I do know that mingo head coach was not at the game last night due to suspension. Not sure why though
pirateforlife Wrote:Anyone know what happend as teams were walking to locker room for halftime? Heard there was some chatter going on but that's just hear say. I do know that mingo head coach was not at the game last night due to suspension. Not sure why though

Idiot Mingo fans and coaches being sore losers, pretty much.
I’m sorry did you mean to write “their “? Lol
[quote=TheTruthwillset]I don’t blame mingo for not staying. If you was not at the game you don’t know the whole story. Pikeville student cheering section was done right disrespectful and was chanting some very bad things. I would be ashamed if I was there parents.[/QUOTE

Sorry, did you mean their parents? Lol
Fellas. This thread is starting to get into a wormhole of nothing that’s talking about the actual game that took place on the field. Let’s get it back on topic
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I normally try to keep it classy on here about our opponents. After seeing how Mingos coaches acted on the field and how their fans acted off of it with my own 2 eyes. I left the game with only one thing to say: No wonder people want to leave there and go to Belfry...Don’t blame them!
I don't have a dog in this fight but let's call it like it is.......

Mingo ISN'T good.

Pikeville IS good.

Pikeville vs Paintsville should be the talk now.