Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup Co @ Raceland 8/24
Yes. There will be weather Saturday
Friday Night Wrote:I was thinking the same thing, has anyone checked the weather for Sat?

I do however expect Raceland to pull away late 2nd quarter or early 3rd and not look back. Sammons is a helluva QB. But I think Raceland has too much fire power offensively and the run game is better than I expected it to be.
Rams are going to pull away right after the coin flip!
We all felt this way about Fairview in 2015 and they came into Ramland and slung the ball around 60 times that game and caught us completely off gaurd. This group has huge tallent and speed. But clear cut leaders must emerge on the field early this year. The first 2 weeks of the season are an awsome opportunity for that to happen. Bc we have owned the county, but neither Russell nor greenup are coming in happy with little class single A brother whipping them last year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:We all felt this way about Fairview in 2015 and they came into Ramland and slung the ball around 60 times that game and caught us completely off gaurd. This group has huge tallent and speed. But clear cut leaders must emerge on the field early this year. The first 2 weeks of the season are an awsome opportunity for that to happen. Bc we have owned the county, but neither Russell nor greenup are coming in happy with little class single A brother whipping them last year.

Seems to me they would be use to it by now!!! JS
Rams are gonna be on the. Mouseketeers like a hobo on a bologna sandwich!
Raceland will score at will. Greenup overmatched on both insides of the ball.
Think this one will be a little closer than most expect 28-14 Rams pull away late.
Gargamel Wrote:Think this one will be a little closer than most expect 28-14 Rams pull away late.

I agree, but expect more points to be scored.
Interesting stat line I found. In three games vs. Raceland, Sammons is 27/67 (40%) for 267 yards with 2 TDs/4 ints. Well below his average in completion percentage, yardage and more INTs. Its goina take more than 14 points to beat Raceland this year. Greenup hasnt been able to do that the last several years.
If your gonna be Raceland it’s not going to be through the air , going to have to run the ball and force them to do the same , Raceland don’t run the ball very well nor does it look like they stop it , with that being said greenup is outmatched in this one Rams name the score
Over those 3 years Raceland has won:
2018 25-6
2017 24-0
2016 35-13

I think Greenup has done fairly well defensively in those years. But they havent been able to score enough.
Gargamel Wrote:Think this one will be a little closer than most expect 28-14 Rams pull away late.

This may be the more accurate prediction. This is a rival game, at least for GC, and it's game 1. Everyone has expectations and goals for the season and at this point, they are all intact. So, regardless of which team you're pulling for, this game will be an eye opener. After it's over, hopefully neither team wants to shut them back. LOL
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Over those 3 years Raceland has won:
2018 25-6
2017 24-0
2016 35-13

I think Greenup has done fairly well defensively in those years. But they havent been able to score enough.

84-19 ....no that’s definitely not enough!! I know your trying to be constructive Scotty but damnit man...it’s Greenup!! Can we get some kind of fighting going here?? This sucks
Rams will win big. This is a mismatch.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:84-19 ....no that’s definitely not enough!! I know your trying to be constructive Scotty but damnit man...it’s Greenup!! Can we get some kind of fighting going here?? This sucks

I've said it for years. Greenup doesn't run the ball well enough against quality opponents to be successful. Sure, they have a really really good QB and some nice recievers, but they cant run the ball, or havent been able to in recent years. If u live by the pass, you can die by the pass alot easier as well lol
Will be a long night for the Musketeers. :biggrin:
You all were right. This is getting boring. I'm goina try something else. GREENUP SUCKS!!! LOL Waker up people!!!
I think it's just getting boring because there is no enthusiasm around the Greenup program because they lost the farm last year, no pun intended. The QB returns but he has proven to be more hype than actual winning ability over the past few seasons. Also, the coach they got from Raceland was supposed to be a great offensive mind. In last year's game, it looked like the coach was still wearing orange under his green shirt because he made it easy on the Rams. Maybe he's just collecting a check.

I didn't expect a big season from Raceland this year, but with the results of their pre-season scrimmages against Belfry and Montgomery, it looks like the Rams passing game is ready to roll. It will be ironic when Raceland pummels Greenup yet another season through the air this time when Greenup is supposed to have the all-state QB. Like another poster on another site said, he watched the EKC games at Raceland and came away thinking that Raceland's QB was better than the one from Greenup. He might be.
nekysportsfan Wrote:I think it's just getting boring because there is no enthusiasm around the Greenup program because they lost the farm last year, no pun intended. The QB returns but he has proven to be more hype than actual winning ability over the past few seasons. Also, the coach they got from Raceland was supposed to be a great offensive mind. In last year's game, it looked like the coach was still wearing orange under his green shirt because he made it easy on the Rams. Maybe he's just collecting a check.

I didn't expect a big season from Raceland this year, but with the results of their pre-season scrimmages against Belfry and Montgomery, it looks like the Rams passing game is ready to roll. It will be ironic when Raceland pummels Greenup yet another season through the air this time when Greenup is supposed to have the all-state QB. Like another poster on another site said, he watched the EKC games at Raceland and came away thinking that Raceland's QB was better than the one from Greenup. He might be.

Lots to talk about here! No I don’t think Scott is just collecting a check.He has nothing to work with.He has found out what that problem in Greenup is when it comes to football and that’s the people behind the scenes! Yes....Racelands QB is much better but will never get the attention from a D1 school cause he’s not
6-5. This is supposed to be a rivalry game and it’s the first game of the season! Nobody can get behind that.After this year there is one more game in the current contract...then this game needs to go away!
I agree. But I'd be shocked if it went away. I also agree that Raceland has the better qb
Don’t be surprised at all if Greenup and Russell disappear from Racelands schedule
I know I know if snd buts was candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas but IF the QB were on the opposite teams Eli would have double the numbers the current QB has at Raceland so to say Racelands is better is not a fair statement IMO
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I know I know if snd buts was candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas but IF the QB were on the opposite teams Eli would have double the numbers the current QB has at Raceland so to say Racelands is better is not a fair statement IMO

I don’t agree with this at all.Ive watched Eli play... he has no control of his Velocity!! I’ve never seen him throw a nice touch pass and he has control issues.I know his a kid and he has more to work with given his strong arm and he’s 6 foot 100 or some shit like that but....no!! The rams qb is much better!! You even said this same thing just last year nut!
The Rams will have no problems with Greenup.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I don’t agree with this at all.Ive watched Eli play... he has no control of his Velocity!! I’ve never seen him throw a nice touch pass and he has control issues.I know his a kid and he has more to work with given his strong arm and he’s 6 foot 100 or some shit like that but....no!! The rams qb is much better!! You even said this same thing just last year nut!

I’m different now had to put that crazy orange cool aid down , but I think what I said was Jake was a better fit for the Raceland offense than Eli would be last year , but Eli was running the ball in the grid if he is willing to run there’s really no comparison he has the bigger arm , better vision only thing he don’t have is Racelands two receivers and a line that can pass block
Jake is like Nathaniel they’ve been made into quarterbacks Eli is a quarterback always has been
I will give u that comparison nut. But I'd take both of them, Nathaniel and Jake, for OUR system any day over Sammons. Not to say Eli isnt a great quarterback with big potential, I just think both Nathaniel and Jake have a different mentality and mindset. Just from the outside looking in.
Gotta go with the Ram Nation!!

TCB
Reminder: The game starts at 8pm Saturday, not 7:30pm