Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman @ McCracken Co. Aug. 24
Tilghman had a couple of low scoring scrimmage halves against two 5A Tennessee teams last Friday night in Paris, Tn. but not sure what that shows. Defense has been a problem for PT in recent years but a transfer and some size may help. Tilghman usually plays well in this annual opener. I would predict a close game, maybe McCracken by a TD or less. Each team has three wins in the series's last six games.
PT rolls. I don't see scrimmages being a great evaluation tool for a team like PT even tho that's all you've got to go on right now. They will be very physical and pound on a team for 4 qtrs. I think McCracken is over rated as usual and if PT has their QB situation solved they will throttle the Mustangs. If they are restricted to running it 90% it might be closer. PT also has the edge in coaching.
Not sure there is enough security for this game or not. Considering all the transfers from McCracken to Paducah in the offseason, this should be a good one.
I was referiing to the Massac transfer from across the river. The more the merrier I guess.
Tilghman will have the advantage in speed and athleticism and McCracken will have more depth, which is a big factor early in the season when its hot. Should be a close game. I think PT ultimately gets a narrow win, but, I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way.
Regardless of how the game turns out saying PT has a coaching edge is ridiculous. Clark has won district coach of the year like 4 different times on 2 different teams. He's made ends meet without any true lineman almost. McCracken has still yet to lose a regular season 6A district game.
PT by 7. Is this the year Pt lives up to expectations?
Yes. They will finally win the district this year.
I think, as it seems most others do that PT wins this year but I have missed this one a couple of times. Generally PT has played well against McCracken winning a couple of times when I thought McCracken would
Obviously no one on here knows about McCracken this year. This series is all tied up @ 3 wins a piece. It's proven to be a great game year in & year out. A great atmosphere for highschool football. Let me just say this. I have watched both of McCracken's scrimmages this year. I know you take scrimmages with a grain of salt but from what I've seen out of McCracken this far is that this is probably the best (all around) team McCracken has fielded going into their 7th season. Last year PT took the Mustangs to the woodshed. That won't happen again this year. PT has the advantage in speed & athleticism but McCracken actually has some size up front now. They have the weapons to do some real damage to opposing defenses. All around McCracken will have the better team this year. So I'll take McCracken big; 35-13.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Regardless of how the game turns out saying PT has a coaching edge is ridiculous. Clark has won district coach of the year like 4 different times on 2 different teams. He's made ends meet without any true lineman almost. McCracken has still yet to lose a regular season 6A district game.

I also think he is overrated
How could they not win that district. Not sure it’s as tough as the 4a district here.
I'm not going to bash coaches. But how can you not have lineman at a school like McCracken? He has more resources than any staff in WK. District coach of the year is not that big of a deal. You are best of 4 coaches? Give me a break. 6A in WK is weak. How many WK 6A teams won a FIRST ROUND playoff game last year?
As usual few think McCracken County can play football, they may lose but it will be a god game. It will also be a packed house,
They actually won 2 games last year. But have been swept before.
Yeah McCracken actually beat their first Louisville team last year then losing to Ballard in the second round. Look at Pat's district. Probably the weakest class in all classes & no district title. Not the 6A first district is any better but McCracken is yet to lose a regular season district game in 6 years. That's pretty good in my book. The off-season transfers to PT we're mostly at the junior high level. McCracken lost around 15 players to Paducah Middle School & in a couple years they'll make a huge impact on Tilghmans success. For now though I believe PT just lost too much from last year's team to be able to beat McCracken this year. With McCracken returning all skill positions & a very good lineman Corp they'll be a tough team to beat this year. Just my opinion.
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:Yeah McCracken actually beat their first Louisville team last year then losing to Ballard in the second round. Look at Pat's district. Probably the weakest class in all classes & no district title. Not the 6A first district is any better but McCracken is yet to lose a regular season district game in 6 years. That's pretty good in my book. The off-season transfers to PT we're mostly at the junior high level. McCracken lost around 15 players to Paducah Middle School & in a couple years they'll make a huge impact on Tilghmans success. For now though I believe PT just lost too much from last year's team to be able to beat McCracken this year. With McCracken returning all skill positions & a very good lineman Corp they'll be a tough team to beat this year. Just my opinion.

I would’ve put Caldwell Co and PT up against any of McCrackens district foes of last year.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would’ve put Caldwell Co and PT up against any of McCrackens district foes of last year.
As like usual McCracken did get better as the season progressed. Last year they put a running clock on McCracken. When actually there never should have been a running clock to begin with. Not that it would've mattered & may have kept it closer than it would've been without a running clock. A running clock is supposed to begin when a team is up by 36 points not 35. Like I said it didn't matter either way. There won't be a running clock this year.
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:As like usual McCracken did get better as the season progressed. Last year they put a running clock on McCracken. When actually there never should have been a running clock to begin with. Not that it would've mattered & may have kept it closer than it would've been without a running clock. A running clock is supposed to begin when a team is up by 36 points not 35. Like I said it didn't matter either way. There won't be a running clock this year.

I assume you are talking about Mayfield putting a running clock on McCracken. You are correct to an extent. Running clock starts at 36 unless the coaches agree sooner. Maybe you need to discuss that with the coaches. But, I wouldn’t bet on them not putting a running clock on the Stangs this year. I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked. Besides, it’s easy to look better as season goes on if the level of competition drops. But, they will have a chance to prove their growth shortly.
Last year the McCracken/Tilghman game was a running clock before halftime. It was only 35-0 not 36. As I mentioned it only helped out McCracken with the running clock. Going onto lose 35-6. A2 years before that McCracken was up 41-0 @ half going onto win 41-6. The only difference then was McCracken pulled it's starters the whole second half. Last year PT starters were playing well into the 4th qtr. I'm saying this now McCracken will beat PT this year. In the past I've eaten crow making this prediction but I feel good about my pick this year. 35-13 McCracken.
They will put a running clock on McCracken this year.
Paducah Tilghman is playing McCracken County Saturday night, Mayfield guys always seem to bash both at least once or more a year. Speaking of weak 1st district 1A or 2A only has Mayfield the rest play for second or worse.
The rest of Mayfield's district have beaten PT four years in a row!!!!!
PT has a 6-3, 255 lb ol/dl who has been invited to the Blue-Grey All Star Game in January 2020. Doesn't get a lot of publicity.
Regardless of competition McCracken has what resembles a REAL offensive line this year. Our QB had successful shoulder surgery last December (week #3) and we will be much improved offensively. Jury is still out on the Defense.
SteadyRockin71 Wrote:Obviously no one on here knows about McCracken this year. This series is all tied up @ 3 wins a piece. It's proven to be a great game year in & year out. A great atmosphere for highschool football. Let me just say this. I have watched both of McCracken's scrimmages this year. I know you take scrimmages with a grain of salt but from what I've seen out of McCracken this far is that this is probably the best (all around) team McCracken has fielded going into their 7th season. Last year PT took the Mustangs to the woodshed. That won't happen again this year. PT has the advantage in speed & athleticism but McCracken actually has some size up front now. They have the weapons to do some real damage to opposing defenses. All around McCracken will have the better team this year. So I'll take McCracken big; 35-13.

Confusednicker: It is very hard to take anything else serious after this statement. (compliment to past teams, not a knock on the 2019 group)
It wasn't a knock on any of the teams past or present. I've been around the teams from day 1 from 2013-present. This year the have the best (All- Around) team. Not the best at an individual position but overall. I could care less how you take it. This is my opinion on this year's team & if you knew anything about this team you'd probably "take anything else serious after this statement". Shows your knowledge on the topic.
There is NO WAY this year's McCracken is better than Haskins teams. NO WAY!!!! I've seen them both. Haskins puts a running clock on them.
Haskins was my coach back in the days at Heath. I admire the man more than anything & a genius when it comes to football knowledge. He had some great teams & could've very well have put a running clock on a team like this year's Mustangs. I'm not doubting that one bit. All I'm saying is all around from C,RG,RT,LG,LT,etc this year's team is talented at those positions more than they have ever been. That was something that has been missing at McCracken since year one. Overall a good line. Not just 1 or 2 standout lineman. 7 or 8 studs. That block from snap to whistle. Jack never had that or he would've had the whole package. Do we have the horses that Jack had? Not even close but they do have some talent at key skill positions. That is where I was going with this. Not degrading any team. They've all been special in my book. But to see the hard work they've put in the off-season is looking like progress now. Sorry if I've offended anyone. It was not my intention. This is only my opinion.
The best all around team had, including this one, was the 2015 team. I think the record, the impact on the playoffs and all will show that.