Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2019
WestCarterComet Wrote:O’hara, Collins, and Slaughter is a very good trio. Who are their other impact skill players?

From what I’m hearing, the Waddle kid is the real deal. Super athletic kid who transferred in last year after the season. Also, Donovan Turner is a solid WR with great size and speed. It looks to me like Manns has bulked up a little bit. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him on the defensive line.
Cat Daddy Wrote:From what I’m hearing, the Waddle kid is the real deal. Super athletic kid who transferred in last year after the season. Also, Donovan Turner is a solid WR with great size and speed. It looks to me like Manns has bulked up a little bit. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him on the defensive line.

What does the Waddle kid play? Is he the one that came in from Indiana?
You have Freshman Bryce The Predator Hoskins at reciever. 6'4-220. He will ne one of Breathitts top recievers. Jaylin Turner 6'3-190 is back out. Andrew Combs 6'1 with great speed. BHS is gonna be fine.
Breathitt will make some Noise this year in 2AA. Bobcats have a ton of speed this year. Adding Collins, and Wedell , with all speed they have at skill position. O Hara is going be house hold name this year. Collins is already a well known beast. I look for Weddell to be uncoverable at slot receiver. Also return Manns and hopefully Slaughter getting a new addition to the line will be very need it. If slaughter comes back the will have a real shot knocking Beechwood off!!!! Going be very good year in Bobcat Country this year
Statebound19 Wrote:Breathitt will make some Noise this year in 2AA. Bobcats have a ton of speed this year. Adding Collins, and Wedell , with all speed they have at skill position. O Hara is going be house hold name this year. Collins is already a well known beast. I look for Weddell to be uncoverable at slot receiver. Also return Manns and hopefully Slaughter getting a new addition to the line will be very need it. If slaughter comes back the will have a real shot knocking Beechwood off!!!! Going be very good year in Bobcat Country this year

Is Slaughter not playing?
Statebound19 Wrote:Breathitt will make some Noise this year in 2AA. Bobcats have a ton of speed this year. Adding Collins, and Wedell , with all speed they have at skill position. O Hara is going be house hold name this year. Collins is already a well known beast. I look for Weddell to be uncoverable at slot receiver. Also return Manns and hopefully Slaughter getting a new addition to the line will be very need it. If slaughter comes back the will have a real shot knocking Beechwood off!!!! Going be very good year in Bobcat Country this year

Why wouldn’t Slaughter come back?
Slaughter supposed to be moving to Georgetown and enrolling in the new school. But I heard last week will more likely be back at Breathitt!!!! Great news for Bobcats!!!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:Is Slaughter not playing?

It looks like Slaughter has transferred. I don’t know why but if it’s true that’s a big loss for the bobcats.
any news on where Slaughter has supposedly transferred too?
New school in Scott Co.
I spoke to Brandon a few days ago at Fayette Mall and he told me he left mainly for basketball reasons.
DukeBoy Wrote:I spoke to Brandon a few days ago at Fayette Mall and he told me he left mainly for basketball reasons.

Gone for good?
WestCarterComet Wrote:Gone for good?

We will find out soon!!! I do think bad move for him. Going in to a new system that may not even utilize him. Slaughter is good football player and he was gonna have amazing year in Bobcat blue . If he leaving for Basketball reasons I’m not sure he has been evaluated by right coach because he is a really good football player. In basketball he is a hustle guy and has some really good ups but he not a shooter or really a driver but good rebounder. I sure hope he comes back to Bobcats because this will be a great year for him.
Statebound19 Wrote:We will find out soon!!! I do think bad move for him. Going in to a new system that may not even utilize him. Slaughter is good football player and he was gonna have amazing year in Bobcat blue . If he leaving for Basketball reasons I’m not sure he has been evaluated by right coach because he is a really good football player. In basketball he is a hustle guy and has some really good ups but he not a shooter or really a driver but good rebounder. I sure hope he comes back to Bobcats because this will be a great year for him.

If Slaughter leaves will the kid who transferred in from Indiana replace him in Breathitt Counties offense?
Quite a bit of roster turnover at Breathitt. William Long, from hopkinsville is transferring. Should be interesting to see how they deal with William and his family. Interesting bunch.
Has Breathitt been able to find an opponent for week two? I know Clay County was scheduled, but for some reason, Clay backed out and scheduled a game with Magoffin County on a later date.
WestCarterComet Wrote:If Slaughter leaves will the kid who transferred in from Indiana replace him in Breathitt Counties offense?
I’m not sure If Weddell will play slot or outside receiver from info I got The Weddell kid has better hands and from 40 time he faster but I sure wish we had Slaughter back because he has a ton of experience and he was gonna have a huge
You won't even miss Slaughter with Jaylin Turner at wideout. Turners about 6'3 or 6'4 with 4.7 or 4.8 40 time. Plus the kid is aggressive as they come. Him and Predator Hoskins gonna turn some heads this year on the Varsity level. But for what its worth, Id like to see Slaughter come back. He is tuff as nails and has a ton of experience. Heck of an athlete. Like to see Coach Moore get him another ring.
This Breathitt team will be the best run/pass team since the 2003 championship team if Slaughter comes back. Several above average skill players to spread the field with.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:You won't even miss Slaughter with Jaylin Turner at wideout. Turners about 6'3 or 6'4 with 4.7 or 4.8 40 time. Plus the kid is aggressive as they come. Him and Predator Hoskins gonna turn some heads this year on the Varsity level. But for what its worth, Id like to see Slaughter come back. He is tuff as nails and has a ton of experience. Heck of an athlete. Like to see Coach Moore get him another ring.

I think Bobcats will return to top food Chain again a little quicker than most thought!!!! This year team is gonna start it back rolling again because has studs on team. They have tough jr class and Freshman class. The middle school will be really good this year and youth ( Lumberjacks) are loaded finish runners up national tournament in Indy . They are loaded from 4 th grade to 6 th grade at almost every position. Going be fun ride for Bobcats fans!!!!!!
Thought most of the "Lumberjacks" were kids surrounding counties, including the kids who will/are joining the new Wolfe County program?
Real Badman Wrote:Thought most of the "Lumberjacks" were kids surrounding counties, including the kids who will/are joining the new Wolfe County program?
No maybe 2-3 kids not from county school. We have no kids from Wolfe Co. Wolfe co has there own team now in football
Breaking News !!!!Brandon Slaughter will be returning to the Bobcats this season!!!!! Big time boost for Bobcats. Just added another stud!!!
Statebound19 Wrote:Breaking News !!!!Brandon Slaughter will be returning to the Bobcats this season!!!!! Big time boost for Bobcats. Just added another stud!!!

Wow!! I truly believe this team has a chance to be special and put the Bobcats back on the map.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Wow!! I truly believe this team has a chance to be special and put the Bobcats back on the map.

Should be interesting with all pieces they have on offense . This will be a well balanced team with all weapons!!!! Defense will be tough as well !!!! Coach Moore gonna have some fun with play calling. Have 3-4 kids score at anytime. Going be able take some risk down field this year!!!!
[quote=Statebound19]Breaking News !!!!Brandon Slaughter will be returning to the Bobcats this season!!!!! Big time boost for Bobcats. Just added another stud!!![/QUOTE I never had any doubt he would be back, with Holcomb a volunteer Assistant Coach. He has a way with kids.
JustThinking Wrote:[quote=Statebound19]Breaking News !!!!Brandon Slaughter will be returning to the Bobcats this season!!!!! Big time boost for Bobcats. Just added another stud!!![/QUOTE I never had any doubt he would be back, with Holcomb a volunteer Assistant Coach. He has a way with kids.

Looks like Breathitt will be good enough to make it to Beechwood in the East.:biggrin:
Sounds like Breathitt poised to make some major moves this year! Before I make a prediction , what grade these boys? O’hara, Collins, slaughter, Waddell, etc?
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Sounds like Breathitt poised to make some major moves this year! Before I make a prediction , what grade these boys? O’hara, Collins, slaughter, Waddell, etc?

O’hara Collins and Slaughter are all going to be seniors.
I will never understand why some kids would transfer because of basketball?