Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Preseason 2A Rankings
That being said it’s hard to fault FoSho if we played again I’d say the same thing about the Hounds. Everyone should have some swag when it comes to your team...
single shot Wrote:Yes, I’d hate to pick one over the other both could go a long way in the tournament regardless of class, but I like Mayfield as much as I do Boyle, when you see quality programs it’s hard not to like them unless your just caught up which happens...regardless I wish you guys the best of luck I’m pulling for Mayfield in every game they play this year especially since they don’t play the Hounds...

:welcome::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Lot's of chatter about Breathitt Co. in East beating Leslie Co. and maybe a upset of Beechwood. Oh. I don't know about that. Opinions !!!
JustThinking Wrote:Lot's of chatter about Breathitt Co. in East beating Leslie Co. and maybe a upset of Beechwood. Oh. I don't know about that. Opinions !!!

Breathitt County beating Leslie County to win District 7? Yes probably. Before Collins transferred into Breathitt I would’ve expected Leslie County to win that district. But his addition puts Breathitt in the drivers seat in that district. Beating Beechwood? Well I guess it’s possible but if they get Beechwood for a region championship it will most likely be at Beechwood and that’s a tough place to win at.
I’m not saying the Breathitt Bobcats will beat mighty Beechwood but it wouldn’t be surprising. Because athletic they match up with almost everyone in 2A except maybe Mayfield. But lot of people in Breathitt are really excited about this year team. It going be fun ride for Bobcats fans this year!!! I don’t see Leslie Co being able to keep up with Bobcats speed this year. I don’t see anybody on schedule to play with in four tds to Bobcats but it extremely weak schedule with that been said.
Statebound19 Wrote:I’m not saying the Breathitt Bobcats will beat mighty Beechwood but it wouldn’t be surprising. Because athletic they match up with almost everyone in 2A except maybe Mayfield. But lot of people in Breathitt are really excited about this year team. It going be fun ride for Bobcats fans this year!!! I don’t see Leslie Co being able to keep up with Bobcats speed this year. I don’t see anybody on schedule to play with in four tds to Bobcats but it extremely weak schedule with that been said.

Even with the potential loss of Brandyn Slaughter?
Slaughter is awesome athlete!!! The reason Slaughter is such key weapon is his deep threat. Potential TD ever time he touch it. It is not 100 % that he is gone. I last heard he was most likely coming back. I heard one family members got a job in Georgetown and that was reason for possible move. I think they go undefeated in regular season even with out Slaughter but he will be a difference maker on Offense and defense regional and semifinals. I think everyone would love see him back in Bobcat Blue because he such a great kid and very hard worker in
Practice and games!!!
Well, here are my thoughts. Mayfield is on the verge of having their first class since 2009 graduate without winning a single state championship. The boys therefore will have the hunger this year which is good. They definitely have the talent. I understand we have a tougher opening game this year. We also should see PT continue to get better. Murray should be better this year. OC also should be better this year. McCracken should be better this year. However, with all that, this will be the first team since 2010 to go 15-0. At the end of the year, we will be debating whether this team is the best ever or which other undefeated team from MHS was.
Statebound19 Wrote:Slaughter is awesome athlete!!! The reason Slaughter is such key weapon is his deep threat. Potential TD ever time he touch it. It is not 100 % that he is gone. I last heard he was most likely coming back. I heard one family members got a job in Georgetown and that was reason for possible move. I think they go undefeated in regular season even with out Slaughter but he will be a difference maker on Offense and defense regional and semifinals. I think everyone would love see him back in Bobcat Blue because he such a great kid and very hard worker in
Practice and games!!!

Even if Slaughter doesn’t play at Breathitt this season the other 3 guys they had transfer in should be plenty of enough for them to win District 7 and possibly make a Semifinal appearance..
Looking forward to seeing this Mayfield team. They should be improved defensively and as good offensively. Stinson should have a monster year throwing the ball and I like Jackson and Galbreath out of the backfield. Gives them the big power back in Jackson and the scat back that will be a threat running and catching the ball out of the backfield in Galbreath. It wouldn't surprise me to see Neely as the states leading receiver. OL returns 4 kids that either started or played a lot, so, should be solid there, as well. Defensively, they return 8 kids who started last year or played starter minutes, so, hopefully, they do a better job stopping the run. Should be good in the secondary.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Looking forward to seeing this Mayfield team. They should be improved defensively and as good offensively. Stinson should have a monster year throwing the ball and I like Jackson and Galbreath out of the backfield. Gives them the big power back in Jackson and the scat back that will be a threat running and catching the ball out of the backfield in Galbreath. It wouldn't surprise me to see Neely as the states leading receiver. OL returns 4 kids that either started or played a lot, so, should be solid there, as well. Defensively, they return 8 kids who started last year or played starter minutes, so, hopefully, they do a better job stopping the run. Should be good in the secondary.

Hearing Breathett just got another solid lineman transferring in that can play both sides of the ball who also played 4A ball last year and started at Center I believe.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hearing Breathett just got another solid lineman transferring in that can play both sides of the ball who also played 4A ball last year and started at Center I believe.

Is this the same lineman other people have talked about them getting? Or have they gotten 2 new linemen transfer in? What 4A school is he coming from?
I can’t wait myself. I think the hunger for a ring should be a driving force as well. These guys had lots of idols to look up to growing up. I know they want to hoist a trophy like those guys.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Is this the same lineman other people have talked about them getting? Or have they gotten 2 new linemen transfer in? What 4A school is he coming from?

William Long, Junior, played at Hopkinsville last year. 1st team all state AP, 2018. He also won two power lifting state championships. The kid is a beast and with his addition, the Bobcats are true contenders in 2A.
Cat Daddy Wrote:William Long, Junior, played at Hopkinsville last year. 1st team all state AP, 2018. He also won two power lifting state championships. The kid is a beast and with his addition, the Bobcats are true contenders in 2A.

To me, Breathitt is a lock for a regional championship appearance regardless of if Slaughter transfers. Winning the region championship is a very legitimate possibility for the bobcats depending on who they play and where they play at in round 3..
Seems like Breathitt County has done well in free agency this off season. :biggrin:
RoShamBo Wrote:Seems like Breathitt County has done well in free agency this off season. :biggrin:

Exactly what I have been thinking.... wonder what’s up with that....
WestCarterComet Wrote:Exactly what I have been thinking.... wonder what’s up with that....

Yeah, you don't normally see a whole lot of people move to Jackson.
What’s the scoop on the Bunnies? I figured they would be considered a front runner on that side. They are in a tough district but, I felt like they should be head and shoulders above the Ads and LCA this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:What’s the scoop on the Bunnies? I figured they would be considered a front runner on that side. They are in a tough district but, I felt like they should be head and shoulders above the Ads and LCA this year.

Head and shoulders over the ads? Yeah probably because they lost 25 kids last year. They will need a rebuild this year I think. but not head and shoulders over LCA. That will be the closest district championship game in class 2A I would imagine.. IMO it could go either way but I say advantage Somerset for now...
mysonis55 Wrote:What’s the scoop on the Bunnies? I figured they would be considered a front runner on that side. They are in a tough district but, I felt like they should be head and shoulders above the Ads and LCA this year.

Bunnies are in the West this realignment.
Do not sleep on Middlesboro this coming season. They’ve had the talent over the past years just not the coach. Now having Larry French as HC, will change things.
1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Breathitt County
4. Somerset
5. Owensboro Catholic
Cat Daddy Wrote:1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Breathitt County
4. Somerset
5. Owensboro Catholic

Any 2a top 5 that doesn’t include LCA is inaccurate; and breathitt over Somerset? Not likely.
Owensboro Catholic in the top 5 is a head scratcher for me. They lose a ton of talent to graduation.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Any 2a top 5 that doesn’t include LCA is inaccurate; and breathitt over Somerset? Not likely.

I’m on hype train of Breathitt Bobcats for sure but totally agree because they haven’t done nothing yet. I would have them around 7th. Just because o lone is so young but adding Longkid just gave us a big time boost and he will make every one line better because of his work ethic!!!! Now with that been said if the Bobcats improve like I think they can and don’t have no injuries. They will be a lock for regional or semi. If they stay healthy they will average 40-50 no one on their schedule an stop there offense!!! Collins is stud , QB can fly and has improved so much on his passing game kid from Indiana is a speedster !!!! Plus Manns . This will be fun team to watch!!!! At end season I could easily see them been rank over Somerset but not at first because Bobcats have to gel together!!! Have ton of respect for Somerset they have some great athletes!!!!
Breathitt even with the additions isn't a top 5 team in 2a. Beechwood, Somerset, LCA, Mayfield, and Owensboro Catholic are all going to be better and likely Danville as well. Breathitt may be improved but state semi is the absolute ceiling for them this year.
fridaynightfights Wrote:Breathitt even with the additions isn't a top 5 team in 2a. Beechwood, Somerset, LCA, Mayfield, and Owensboro Catholic are all going to be better and likely Danville as well. Breathitt may be improved but state semi is the absolute ceiling for them this year.

Beechwood will go through the East like crap through a goose. Same way Somerset would if in the East. 3 week of the season will tell a lot about Beechwood and Somerset as they face off at Somerset. Don't count my Eagles out in the East, they got Breathitt at home and strange things happen on the Middle Fork at night. TongueirateSho
All preseason polls are inaccurate, including mine, but I feel like the Bobcats have the pieces in place to be special this year. Only time will tell.
Mayfield has more "firepower" than any 2A team can come close to matching.