Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Shelby Valley updates - DELAY IN PROGRESS
Start DELAYED
jetpilot Wrote:Start DELAYED

What radio station is it on
Why the delay?
Pikeville up 1 at the half. Officiating has played a major factor in this one, as SV has 3(!) players with 3 fouls. If the whistle goes the same way in the second half, it’s going to be tough for Valley to win.”
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If anyone thought the officiating couldn’t get any worse, Valley now has 2 starters with 4(!) fouls, barely into the 3rd quarter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:What radio station is it on

98.1 Hit City USA
More Cowbell Wrote:If anyone thought the officiating couldn’t get any worse, Valley now has 2 starters with 4(!) fouls, barely into the 3rd quarter.

They need to stop fouling.
rojas Wrote:Why the delay?

Had a broken rim or some problem with it.
This is getting pathetic. These refs are determined to have SV playing their JV against Pikeville’s varsity before this is over.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:They need to stop fouling.

Yeah, that’s the problem 😩

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The livestream isn't working or me
What’s the link for the livestream?
http://myhitcityusa.com/
Pikeville wins 74-68
Why is it always blame the refs when you lose. It was a good but aggressive game..the fouls called were legit fouls. Congratulations to the Panthers on this win and as for Valley regroup and come back better in regionals.
Look for Coach Hicks to have them ready to go in Region.
More Cowbell Wrote:This is getting pathetic. These refs are determined to have SV playing their JV against Pikeville’s varsity before this is over.
Halftime foul totals: Pikeville with 8 players getting time and 12 fouls with Shelby Valley having 10 players getting time and 13 fouls.

End of game totals: Pikeville with 8 players and 21 fouls and Valley with 10 players, 28 fouls. Cameron Worrix only one who fouled out. Several fouls toward end of game contributed to total discrepancy. So it sounded like an overall fairly balanced called game. Pikeville was actually down shortly after 3rd started and rallied back.

Since I wasn’t there, I can only go by stats and what I’m told. I see that Connor Roberts attempted NO FTs in the 1st half and Watkins only 4. Watkins finished with 12 attempts and Roberts with 3. Sounds to me like they got into attack mode and drives to the basket will often result in more fouls called than standing around shooting 3s will. Potter once again put up huge numbers and shot most FT attempts for Valley so it sounds like they lapsed back into waiting for him to carry them.