Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central Coaching
SouthEast18 Wrote:I’m done with this, it’s irelevant at this point you are never gonna agree he’s a good coach and I’m never gonna say he’s the devil. I hope Floyd Central gets a great coach next year not affiliated with either school who the parents can’t control and has success.

The things he was accused of were my concerns; never said he couldn’t coach.

Those were two completely different issues that many here can’t seems to separate. You’re right though; irrelevant now.

I only wish good things for the program and future head coach.
This team will probably end the season with only two wins. One against Piarist.

The next coach will have his hands full, and I think that limits their options.
Justin Holbrook should get the job. He did a great job at south Floyd. The right hire
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Justin Holbrook should get the job. He did a great job at south Floyd. The right hire

It should have been his job to begin with.
SouthEast18 Wrote:Belittle or coach? Not sure many people know the difference

There is a major difference.

[Image: https://flaglerlive.com/wp-content/uploa...l-reid.jpg]
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Justin Holbrook should get the job. He did a great job at south Floyd. The right hire

They could do better.
Holbrook is the parents pick, not good!

Floyd Central needs an outsider
Ok here's a list of candidates I would like to see apply for the job obviously in order who would rebuild that program into a powerhouse that everyone thought it would've been in the 1st place
Rodney rowe
Jr vanhoose
John noble
Justin triplett
Justin Holbrook
Derrick Newsome
Brandon gearhart
CA3 Wrote:They could do better.
Holbrook is the parents pick, not good!

Floyd Central needs an outsider

He is the parents pick because he done a good job in years prior . He was overlooked when Webb hired his buddy.

With that said . Hire someone with Zero ties to the community .
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He is the parents pick because he done a good job in years prior . He was overlooked when Webb hired his buddy.

With that said . Hire someone with Zero ties to the community .

His resume wasn't close to Spurlock's. He done a decent job at SF tho
Mamba Wrote:Ok here's a list of candidates I would like to see apply for the job obviously in order who would rebuild that program into a powerhouse that everyone thought it would've been in the 1st place
Rodney rowe
Jr vanhoose
John noble
Justin triplett
Justin Holbrook
Derrick Newsome
Brandon gearhart

Just go ahead and take John Noble off the list.

He's got a top team in the 14th. No reason to try to build from a two-win team where a coach was forced out by the parents.
Mamba Wrote:Ok here's a list of candidates I would like to see apply for the job obviously in order who would rebuild that program into a powerhouse that everyone thought it would've been in the 1st place
Rodney rowe
Jr vanhoose
John noble
Justin triplett
Justin Holbrook
Derrick Newsome
Brandon gearhart

I’m not interested.
I think Timmy Hall from Betsy Layne would make Floyd Central a great coach.
I heard Ryan whitaker at Pike Central could be considered
Rodney rowe
Jr vanhoose
John noble
Justin triplett
Justin Holbrook
Derrick Newsome
Brandon gearhart

Tailback44 Wrote:I heard Ryan whitaker at Pike Central could be considered

Lordy, Floyd Central wanna taste of the PC Kool-Aid or something?

I'm not sure if Derrick would be interested, he's developed PC's Girls Basketball into a Regional powerhouse. He just accepted the PC Softball job as well. He's quite happy where he's at I do believe.

Ryan has done a pretty admirable job with PC this season, he lost most of an extremely talented team from last year and has bounced back with a very young team and has them playing some good basketball of late. Just clinched a regular season 60th District title and has a strong chance to win his 1st 60th District Tournament.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Lordy, Floyd Central wanna taste of the PC Kool-Aid or something?

I'm not sure if Derrick would be interested, he's developed PC's Girls Basketball into a Regional powerhouse. He just accepted the PC Softball job as well. He's quite happy where he's at I do believe.

Ryan has done a pretty admirable job with PC this season, he lost most of an extremely talented team from last year and has bounced back with a very young team and has them playing some good basketball of late. Just clinched a regular season 60th District title and has a strong chance to win his 1st 60th District Tournament.

Idk about PC kool aid derrick is from floyd county played for betsy Layne started his coaching career in floyd county. If I'm not mistaken his 1st ever team he coached was john m stumbo boys middle school in early 2000s.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Lordy, Floyd Central wanna taste of the PC Kool-Aid or something?

No offense intended but Derrick is gone after his daughter graduates he’s done an amazing job but talent is running out. I could see him coaching Pike Central boys though