•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haddix cleaning house at Corbin?
single shot Wrote:No

single shot Wrote:All this quality information from a Boyle Co fan?

Yes he was and this Boyle fan's family is right in the middle of it, is yours?

Don't believe me, just ask campbellfield. He is the only factual Corbin poster so far.
2009 - 10-3 (3rd Round)
2010 - 11-3 (4th Round)
2011 - 7-5 (2nd Round)
2012 - 5-6 (1st Round)
2013 - 9-3 (2nd Round)

5 years before Haddix - 42-20 (.677)

2014 - 11-2 (3rd Round)
2015 - 9-5 (4th Round)
2016 - 12-2 (4th Round)
2017 - 13-2 (Runner-Up)
2018 - 13-2 (Runner-Up)

5 years with Haddix - 58-13 (.816) with 2 state title appearances

Everything has been better with Haddix, so Corbin fans should just trust Haddix, he's done well with the program and has earned your trust.

If he chokes in the State Finals every year it's ok, enjoy all the winning and be thankful your in the title game.
Cattleman Wrote:Yes he was and this Boyle fan's family is right in the middle of it, is yours?

Don't believe me, just ask campbellfield. He is the only factual Corbin poster so far.
Everything to do with Corbin football is my family, I don’t need to ask anyone I know so save your breath...
CA3 Wrote:2009 - 10-3 (3rd Round)
2010 - 11-3 (4th Round)
2011 - 7-5 (2nd Round)
2012 - 5-6 (1st Round)
2013 - 9-3 (2nd Round)

2014 - 11-2 (3rd Round)
2015 - 9-5 (4th Round)
2016 - 12-2 (4th Round)
2017 - 13-2 (Runner-Up)
2018 - 13-2 (Runner-Up)

Everything has been better with Haddix, so Corbin fans should just trust Haddix, he's done well with the program and has earned your trust.

If he chokes in the State Finals every year it's ok, enjoy all the winning and be thankful your in the title game.

Exactly
Is there any chance Jewell would come back to coach the defense?
I’ve stayed away from this thread because imho it’s really nobody’s business what happens other than those who are involved. Here is what I’ll say about it. The only “information” that is getting out is what is coming from Mills and Mouser. Not all of it is true. As far as criticizing Haddix for it goes, I find that laughable. Haddix has this program at a place that it hasn’t been since the late 70’s and early 80’s. I trust his judgement. The “in crowd” is what almost killed the program to begin with. I think Coach Lewallen will do a great job and there will be some crow to eat for a few posters on here after he has built a body of work. The guy coached the D-line last season which produced a first team all state player who lead the state in sacks. I think he’ll do a great job! I can’t wait until August!
Now the next 5 years with a different staff. Haddix and STAFF has done very well. We will see what becomes of one of the best defenses. Time will tell.

Haddix didn’t do it all by himself. Greer was a MAJOR part. Along with the rest of the staff.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I’ve stayed away from this thread because imho it’s really nobody’s business what happens other than those who are involved. Here is what I’ll say about it. The only “information” that is getting out is what is coming from Mills and Mouser. Not all of it is true. As far as criticizing Haddix for it goes, I find that laughable. Haddix has this program at a place that it hasn’t been since the late 70’s and early 80’s. I trust his judgement. The “in crowd” is what almost killed the program to begin with. I think Coach Lewallen will do a great job and there will be some crow to eat for a few posters on here after he has built a body of work. The guy coached the D-line last season which produced a first team all state player who lead the state in sacks. I think he’ll do a great job! I can’t wait until August!
Well said, but Tommy Greer is gonna be missed
single shot Wrote:Well said, but Tommy Greer is gonna be missed

I 100% agree. Tommy is a great DC. IMHO one of the best in the state and he will certainly be missed. That being said, he would be missed no matter who got the job because he is gone. I think he’ll be missed the least with who got the job.
CA3 Wrote:2009 - 10-3 (3rd Round)
2010 - 11-3 (4th Round)
2011 - 7-5 (2nd Round)
2012 - 5-6 (1st Round)
2013 - 9-3 (2nd Round)

2014 - 11-2 (3rd Round)
2015 - 9-5 (4th Round)
2016 - 12-2 (4th Round)
2017 - 13-2 (Runner-Up)
2018 - 13-2 (Runner-Up)

Now that Tom Greer has moved on you will see a change......he was the glue that held that staff together. He has not been gone three months and already all this drama. Don’t know the new kid who is the DC, but he is not super glue like Tommy Greer was.
Here is the real question.....was Tom Greer the driving force behind the Hounds success or was it Haddix??? This is going to be an interesting off season, especially considering nobody saw this coming.
JakeHarper Wrote:Here is the real question.....was Tom Greer the driving force behind the Hounds success or was it Haddix??? This is going to be an interesting off season, especially considering nobody saw this coming.

Everything you posted other than about Tommy is pure speculation as will be everything posted on this thread. Tommy had announced this as his final season back last year. So there was gonna be drama no matter who got his job, feelings are hurt and it’s understandable but it still doesn’t change a damn thing. This program has to remain bigger than one person even Haddix, if not we’re back in the same boat as we were before he came here.
Bicker about coaching staff all you want. Staff wasn’t the problem last year and it won’t be the problem next year or the year after. Corbin, for a self proclaimed big boy football school, has a MAJOR talent problem. You can pack that sideline with 85, 97, 102 and brag about it but it won’t matter.

Corbin has had one of the best staff’s in the state the past couple years, but it’s about Jimmies and Joes not x’s and o’s at this level.
single shot Wrote:Everything you posted other than about Tommy is pure speculation as will be everything posted on this thread. Tommy had announced this as his final season back last year. So there was gonna be drama no matter who got his job, feelings are hurt and it’s understandable but it still doesn’t change a damn thing. This program has to remain bigger than one person even Haddix, if not we’re back in the same boat as we were before he came here.

Not speculation that the absenence of Greer is the eye of this hurricane
Not speculation that the hiring of an inexperienced DC has lots of people scratching their heads.
Not speculation that several coaches are no longer with the team.
Not speculation that the hires to replace them will be critical.
The real speculation is that Haddix does think he is bigger than the program, and his questionable hiring of a DC is proof of that.

Of course time will tell if Corbin can hire coaches that match their talent. The speculation is probably not, since those that have left were really experienced coaches who related well with the kids.
Corbin is going to be just fine without Greer
Greer is a great Coach, any team would miss his knowledge and leadership of the game.
I am simply blown away as to what I see on this thread. Dramatization at its highest point on ALL the other issues. There are very few people who know what was really said and what really happened. And I highly doubt they are posting on this msg board. Everything else is 2nd or 3rd hand info on a msg board so let that sink in.
Corbin Football is gonna be really good, the kids are gonna be prepared come August and their schedule will prepare them for another run in November.
bcpc Wrote:Greer is a great Coach, any team would miss his knowledge and leadership of the game.
I am simply blown away as to what I see on this thread. Dramatization at its highest point on ALL the other issues. There are very few people who know what was really said and what really happened. And I highly doubt they are posting on this msg board. Everything else is 2nd or 3rd hand info on a msg board so let that sink in.
Corbin Football is gonna be really good, the kids are gonna be prepared come August and their schedule will prepare them for another run in November.
I think the only person that really knows what happened is Coach Haddix...I’m not talking about who got the DC job, with Greer gone whoever got the job will not do as well and perhaps only hired to be a “yes man”. The real problem that I have and many others have is why was Mouser let go?? No problem he didn’t get DC job. But why not give him a reason why?
I don’t think Justin Haddix or Mouser are posting here so BCPC is probably the closest to the situation. My guess is we will never know the Haddix side of the story and that’s fine, but Mouser has the right to know the Haddix side.
Being from Bell I can tell you Greer will be missed. Look at Dudley, he done everything to keep Greer and even when they parted ways he tried to get him. Most here acknowledge that, the issue that most are missing is you lost 3 coaches from that staff. 3 very Good coaches. Just interested in why folks don’t think that it will impact that very good defense you had?
JakeHarper Wrote:Now that Tom Greer has moved on you will see a change......he was the glue that held that staff together. He has not been gone three months and already all this drama. Don’t know the new kid who is the DC, but he is not super glue like Tommy Greer was.

Your nose is brown from being glued to him.
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Bicker about coaching staff all you want. Staff wasn’t the problem last year and it won’t be the problem next year or the year after. Corbin, for a self proclaimed big boy football school, has a MAJOR talent problem. You can pack that sideline with 85, 97, 102 and brag about it but it won’t matter.

Corbin has had one of the best staff’s in the state the past couple years, but it’s about Jimmies and Joes not x’s and o’s at this level.

bull butter.
campbellfield Wrote:I think the only person that really knows what happened is Coach Haddix...I’m not talking about who got the DC job, with Greer gone whoever got the job will not do as well and perhaps only hired to be a “yes man”. The real problem that I have and many others have is why was Mouser let go?? No problem he didn’t get DC job. But why not give him a reason why?
I don’t think Justin Haddix or Mouser are posting here so BCPC is probably the closest to the situation. My guess is we will never know the Haddix side of the story and that’s fine, but Mouser has the right to know the Haddix side.

I agree to a point, it is not hard to find out what was said, just ask Jody. He will not lie to you.
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Bicker about coaching staff all you want. Staff wasn’t the problem last year and it won’t be the problem next year or the year after. Corbin, for a self proclaimed big boy football school, has a MAJOR talent problem. You can pack that sideline with 85, 97, 102 and brag about it but it won’t matter.

:lame:
Guess it was a real shot to the balls to get your ass kicked by such substandard talent the last 5 years then...
WhyLie Wrote:Being from Bell I can tell you Greer will be missed. Look at Dudley, he done everything to keep Greer and even when they parted ways he tried to get him. Most here acknowledge that, the issue that most are missing is you lost 3 coaches from that staff. 3 very Good coaches. Just interested in why folks don’t think that it will impact that very good defense you had?

Greer was leaving in any scenario nothing was gonna stop that, from what I’m hearing something happened with the original replacement for Tommy and he backed out. Thing is it wouldn’t have mattered who was hired people where gonna mad and upset if they didn’t get the job and there was bound to be a staff shakeup only for sure thing is your not gonna replace Tommy no matter who you hire...

Hahahahaha geez dude you think they got to the state finals two years in a row without any talent ???!!!! I am not a Corbin fan, (Boyle, Southwestern, Bullitt East), but if you do not think it takes good players, good coaches, good admin support and fan support to get to 2 final games in a row you are crazy. I also thought Corbin was the better team this year in the finals, just a couple of bad decisions in the game ended up really costing them. So many coaching changes in one off season would be concerning to me if I were a fan but this program is doing fine. I know a whole lot of teams if given the chance to play them would not. That's all I need to know.
64black&gold Wrote:Hahahahaha geez dude you think they got to the state finals two years in a row without any talent ???!!!! I am not a Corbin fan, (Boyle, Southwestern, Bullitt East), but if you do not think it takes good players, good coaches, good admin support and fan support to get to 2 final games in a row you are crazy. I also thought Corbin was the better team this year in the finals, just a couple of bad decisions in the game ended up really costing them. So many coaching changes in one off season would be concerning to me if I were a fan but this program is doing fine. I know a whole lot of teams if given the chance to play them would not. That's all I need to know.
Your witnessing Bell Co at their worst since they can’t compete on the field anymore they bring in to a board and try to convince everyone they’re back. Getting worse than Tennessee fans kinda sad really.
Cattleman Wrote:I agree to a point, it is not hard to find out what was said, just ask Jody. He will not lie to you.

This is the last thing I’m gonna say on this. I think the world of Jody Mouser he’s been a part of Corbin since he was a kid and I love him for it. I love Wayne Mills to glad he came and was a part of the program the last couple years and I wish they’d both stay on. However I didn’t want to see any of the people who were on staff get the DC position I along with a lot of other people that I talked to hoped Haddix would bring someone from outside the program with a resume. If he’s hiring from within then it really didn’t matter to me he knows his coaches better than I do..
single shot Wrote::lame:
Guess it was a real shot to the balls to get your ass kicked by such substandard talent the last 5 years then...

Confusednicker:
Mills will ruin whichever program he goes to
Mnt boy fb Wrote:Mills will ruin whichever program he goes to

What if they are already rurnt?
[quote=Mnt boy fb]Mills will ruin whichever program he goes to

Knox program could beg to differ rock bottom one foot in the grave till taken over by Mills. Records don’t lie and show success wherever he’s been and liked by kids. Would be a good choice.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next