Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg's Red vs. White game 4/9/06
BurntTires Wrote:I wasn't wearing any Belfry attire, they know who I am, my son used to play in Pburg before we moved to Belfry. He had gotten to the game before I did and he was in the stands when they asked him to leave, I hadn't made it to the bleachers yet.

I belive I know who your son is but they still shouldnt have made him leave ! He has alot of friends on this Prestonsburg squad. But I wouldnt think that John Derossett would make him leave.
blackcat_student Wrote:I belive I know who your son is but they still shouldnt have made him leave ! He has alot of friends on this Prestonsburg squad. But I wouldnt think that John Derossett would make him leave.

I wouldn't put it past him.
blackcat_student Wrote:I belive I know who your son is but they still shouldnt have made him leave ! He has alot of friends on this Prestonsburg squad. But I wouldnt think that John Derossett would make him leave.
Well he did and the schools(coach) VP.
The funniest thing about that entire situation is that I'm sure after playing for P-burg for a couple of years, there isn't a play that they were running that he didn't already know!

I seen a few players from different schools at Belfry's red/white scrimmage and they weren't asked to leave...I guess that's the difference in coaching at Belfry and P-burg....Coach Haywood was more interested in the execution of the plays and Coach Derossett was more interested in the people in the stands.
I saw them there also.
Pirate Pal Wrote:The funniest thing about that entire situation is that I'm sure after playing for P-burg for a couple of years, there isn't a play that they were running that he didn't already know!

I seen a few players from different schools at Belfry's red/white scrimmage and they weren't asked to leave...I guess that's the difference in coaching at Belfry and P-burg....Coach Haywood was more interested in the execution of the plays and Coach Derossett was more interested in the people in the stands.

That makes a big difference in Champions and the ones that want to be Champions. Class is very important part of football. Haywood has a world of class and many need to find that to reach the level that he has.

TongueirateSho
Prestonsburg would have had a good team this year if they hadn't of run a lot of players off to other schools. That was the head coaches mistake and I guess he will have to live with his mistakes. Too BAD!
BT, you can post exactly what was said to you. This is a site where you can express yourself. Besides I really wanna know. LOL. And with that stupid ass bunch that runs the football team, it doesn't surprise me the way they acted. It's not like Belfry is going to steal their QB sneak, or their HB toss. I think that's the only plays P-burg has isnt it? Smile
BCF4L Wrote:BT, you can post exactly what was said to you. This is a site where you can express yourself. Besides I really wanna know. LOL. And with that stupid ass bunch that runs the football team, it doesn't surprise me the way they acted. It's not like Belfry is going to steal their QB sneak, or their HB toss. I think that's the only plays P-burg has isnt it? Smile

After all these years playing each other, I'm sure there are no more surprises left!
Pirate Pal Wrote:After all these years playing each other, I'm sure there are no more surprises left!

Not sure about that PP. They haven't used the snake in the grass play on us yet.

Rolleyes
BelfryJustice Wrote:Not sure about that PP. They haven't used the snake in the grass play on us yet.

Rolleyes

But we know about it so it wouldn't be a surprise...lol
Pirate Pal Wrote:But we know about it so it wouldn't be a surprise...lol

Very true! :igiveup:
Snake in the field turf this year. If they use it...lol
I don't think this has anything to do with the game. This thread should be closed.
Well how did the players look for Pburg? I was not there.
blackcat_student Wrote:Well how did the players look for Pburg? I was not there.

Apparently nobody was there lol. Everyone was running scared. :howdy:
thats just outragious, stuff like that should never happen.
Tough Turf Wrote:Apparently nobody was there lol. Everyone was running scared. :howdy:
They actually made the players stop playing until we left, because the police told him he couldn't make us leave it was a public event. So thats when he stopped the game....lol:lmao:
Wow, I was at the game and did not realize any of this happened. When was the game stopped? Be more specific, as I would like to forward this info to the BOE.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Wow, I was at the game and did not realize any of this happened. When was the game stopped? Be more specific, as I would like to forward this info to the BOE.

BOE who on earth is that? More politicians I bet. They support Prestonsburg High School no matter what laws they break. Please.....give me a break
BurntTires Wrote:They actually made the players stop playing until we left, because the police told him he couldn't make us leave it was a public event. So thats when he stopped the game....lol:lmao:

Surely we can attend a few of their away games. :cop:
Haha this is all just ridiculous! What class does P-burg have? Obviously NONE! I mean what was you going to do write every play down? Ah, I'm sure not we don't need that to beat them. They know who the real champions are, maybe they were just a little indemidated at their OWN PLACE, plus if they coach was into the game he wouldn't have known who was in the stands, looks like some coaches need to get some lessons off Haywood! haha
What I think is ridiculous is that you are saying that P-Burg has no class. This has nothing to do with the student body at Prestonsburrg. It wasn't the players or the fans so please dont down the team. There may be more to the story that we are being told but regardless or whether there is or not P-burg players have nothing to do with what happened.
blackcatsuperfan Wrote:What I think is ridiculous is that you are saying that P-Burg has no class. This has nothing to do with the student body at Prestonsburrg. It wasn't the players or the fans so please dont down the team. There may be more to the story that we are being told but regardless or whether there is or not P-burg players have nothing to do with what happened.

You're right...this has nothing to do with the kids, just the adults in charge. That's the problem 9 times out of 10...the adults!
Tough Turf Wrote:BOE who on earth is that? More politicians I bet. They support Prestonsburg High School no matter what laws they break. Please.....give me a break

Not 100% on this, but that may stand for bored of education.
blackcatsuperfan Wrote:What I think is ridiculous is that you are saying that P-Burg has no class. This has nothing to do with the student body at Prestonsburrg. It wasn't the players or the fans so please dont down the team. There may be more to the story that we are being told but regardless or whether there is or not P-burg players have nothing to do with what happened.
You are right, there is more to it.. and you are totally right, we have many many friends and family there. Prestonsburg football is part of our own boys history. The kids and families are great. They have excellent support from family and fans. This was a situation where members of the coaching staff (who are setting examples for these boys as well as my son who was also there) is totally who we are focusing on. We will always have the utmost respect for this squad, but moving away from there was absolutely without a doubt the best thing for us... where we are now (Belfry) with Haywood and his staff has proved absolutely benificial in all aspects. We wouldn't change a thing.

Now.. we are really hoping to find out from some of the people who may have been at the game, how the boys did... since this is the topic and that really was what BT and his son were there for in the first place... :thumpsup:
What is getting ridiculous is this thread.
Tough Turf Wrote:BOE who on earth is that? More politicians I bet. They support Prestonsburg High School no matter what laws they break. Please.....give me a break

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you think the Floyd County Board of Education allows Pburg High to "break the law" as you put it then you are certainly not very well informed. All this thread is accomplishing is to hurt the kids that are on the team. If there is an issue with the coaching staff, then report it to the authorities-do not down the team. They are a easy target, so have a little class. Besides, everyone knows how great and wonderful Belfry is. :notworthy
Mrs.BurntTires Wrote:You are right, there is more to it.. and you are totally right, we have many many friends and family there. Prestonsburg football is part of our own boys history. The kids and families are great. They have excellent support from family and fans. This was a situation where members of the coaching staff (who are setting examples for these boys as well as my son who was also there) is totally who we are focusing on. We will always have the utmost respect for this squad, but moving away from there was absolutely without a doubt the best thing for us... where we are now (Belfry) with Haywood and his staff has proved absolutely benificial in all aspects. We wouldn't change a thing.

Now.. we are really hoping to find out from some of the people who may have been at the game, how the boys did... since this is the topic and that really was what BT and his son were there for in the first place... :thumpsup:

Very, very nice post!!:Thumbs:

I think that you said it extremely well and to the point, so without anymore side tracking, can anyone tell us about the P-burg scrimmage?
Pirate Pal Wrote:Very, very nice post!!:Thumbs:

I think that you said it extremely well and to the point, so without anymore side tracking, can anyone tell us about the P-burg scrimmage?
I agree let's get back on track with this thing........TongueirateSku :Skull03: