Sep.20 Ironton Ohio
Sep.27 open
Oct.4 Raceland
Oct.11 @East Carter (D)
Oct.18 @russell (D)
Oct.25 Greenup County (D)
Nov.1 @Spring Valley WVA
That last game is going to be a tuff one
I hope Ashland and Bell can meet in the playoffs these upcoming years!!
4 out of state teams
Ain’t that a lot
Why am I not surprised that ASH-land backed out of playing WR Castle Elementary next year?
Bob Seger Wrote:Why am I not surprised that ASH-land backed out of playing WR Castle Elementary next year?

Boy how long did it take you to come up with that one 🙄
2face Wrote:4 out of state teams
Ain’t that a lot

All are within reasonable distance and arguably tougher than most teams they could face in the area.
That is a tough schedule.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That is a tough schedule.
Yes it is but hopefully will get this team ready to make a deep playoff run.
Very tough schedule the out of state teams are traditionally tough although I believe Wheelersburg does lose quite a bit. I’m not a fan of playing the district games at the end of the season and now turn right back around and play them again
A couple of years ago when we had this format Raceland played a couple of teams in consecutive weeks two years in a row I believe! It’s a mess...nobody likes it but here we are again!
They should have kept playing Johnson Central. That was always a huge gate game and usually wars. The 2015 game may be the best game I’ve ever witnessed.
Keepnitreal Wrote:They should have kept playing Johnson Central. That was always a huge gate game and usually wars. The 2015 game may be the best game I’ve ever witnessed.

Was there as well. One of my top 5 game favorite games. Shows you don't need to score 40-50 points each to have a good game!
badbunton Wrote:Boy how long did it take you to come up with that one 🙄

Not long...I figured they would chicken out, so I'm not surprised.
Bob Seger Wrote:Not long...I figured they would chicken out, so I'm not surprised.

Heck yeah, Bob is back!!!! I should have thought to start and Ashland thread to get him back on here!!! Hope all is well Bob!
The kitty kats wanted no part of the golden eagles unless forced to play. Smile Smile
Solid schedule. Ashland will be favored to win district. This schedule will help them establish an identity as a team and expose all their flaws.
With Coach Lemaster resigning abruptly from the baseball job at Ashland, I am hearing that the Ratliff boys and their cousin will be back at Paintsville. Can anyone confirm or rebut this?
sidelinedoc Wrote:With Coach Lemaster resigning abruptly from the baseball job at Ashland, I am hearing that the Ratliff boys and their cousin will be back at Paintsville. Can anyone confirm or rebut this?

From what I heard this is true. So my question is was one of these kids the starting quarterback for Ashland this coming year?
Patriot1 Wrote:From what I heard this is true. So my question is was one of these kids the starting quarterback for Ashland this coming year?

Yes. He is a D1 prospect.
sidelinedoc Wrote:Yes. He is a D1 prospect.

Based on?
sidelinedoc Wrote:With Coach Lemaster resigning abruptly from the baseball job at Ashland, I am hearing that the Ratliff boys and their cousin will be back at Paintsville. Can anyone confirm or rebut this?

Yes. I've heard the same. It looks like Lemaster leaving will hurt the football program almost as much as it does the baseball team.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Yes. I've heard the same. It looks like Lemaster leaving will hurt the football program almost as much as it does the baseball team.
Have to wait and see on the football team. As of now short term I’m sure it hurts them but may be a blessing in disguise. There was a huge disconnect with Lemaster and the kids, families at Ashland. As for the baseball team I think it helps them now and long term. Ashland has had more kids quit the team and transfer to other schools since he took over then I can ever remember. I’ve already heard of kids going to play that wouldn’t have and I believe will get some kids back that left. Football team will be fine need to find a QB that can hand the ball off. Ashland will be a different kind of offense next season. They will have 2 STUD RBs and a strong OL anchored by John Stone already holding a UK and I believe TN scholarship along with a few others.
Wheelersburg game will be tough. They are probably the best run program around. Ashland will benefit from playing that game even in a loss.
Jack Roy will help he has transferred to Ashland!!
T-CATS Wrote:Have to wait and see on the football team. As of now short term I’m sure it hurts them but may be a blessing in disguise. There was a huge disconnect with Lemaster and the kids, families at Ashland. As for the baseball team I think it helps them now and long term. Ashland has had more kids quit the team and transfer to other schools since he took over then I can ever remember. I’ve already heard of kids going to play that wouldn’t have and I believe will get some kids back that left. Football team will be fine need to find a QB that can hand the ball off. Ashland will be a different kind of offense next season. They will have 2 STUD RBs and a strong OL anchored by John Stone already holding a UK and I believe TN scholarship along with a few others.

Stone is a really good football player, and wrestler. While he has a handful of offers, none of them are from Kentucky or Tennessee. All his offers are from schools from the D-2 Mountain East Conference and from Morehead. Not trying to say anything negative about the kid, D-2 is no joke. My son has several offers from D-2 schools himself. Just wanted to get the right information out there. However, it wouldn't shock me one bit if he didnt eventually receive offers from schools like that. Kid is good!
Was told Stoops was at Blazer a few months back and offered Stone. Anyway Kid is really good and the Roy kid isn't bad either.
T-CATS Wrote:Was told Stoops was at Blazer a few months back and offered Stone. Anyway Kid is really good and the Roy kid isn't bad either.

Yes he is, damn good!
Good for Roy. He’s a super talented kid.
T-CATS Wrote:Jack Roy will help he has transferred to Ashland!!
Dont know where you get your information but Jack Roy is not at ashland and will not be in 2019