•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
watcher Wrote:From what I heard today I am impressed with Coach French the man. Good moral man. Good for young people to be around. To be one of the all time greats I here he is a lot like Coach Phillip Haywood from Belfry. More impressed with that than anything else. I was so hoping he was not an attention loving person some successful coaches. Good luck to Coach French. I am happy your going to be a great role model for young men.

Heard the same. Congrats
Great hire for Middlesboro, congratulations to them and Coach French.
Real Badman Wrote:Can't beat Johnny, wont beat Dudley.....he should have taken the Pineville job instead.
Shows your knowledge. Pretty sure he beat Dudley twice to advance and eventually win 2 state championships. His record vs Johnny is like 6-5 (7 if you count the 60 point drubbing in a scrimmage one year at Lincoln). He didn't leave because he couldn't win. He left for money and judging by facility up keep and locker rooms a system that supports him building a program. I assure that man runs from no one or no thing. He has left LC and now SW because they simply didn't stick to their word. Everybody gets complacent when your winning 9/10 games a year and all those promises made to secure a hire fall by the wayside. Coach French sees past the wins and looks at the bigger picture. There is still talent at SW they have a good to be 8th grade team that beat Northern. Returning a lot of talent. I just think seeing the condition of his own facilities and playing on the field at PC he sees that the support for football isn't where it needs to be. He can't get teaching jobs for coaches to come in or stay. Only had two coaches that where teachers. Point blank program wasn't being built the way he asked it to be. If you guys only new half of what you think you do. All the "he knows when to leave" comments kill me. He is going to Middlesboro. Yea he is a talent chaser.
French is not the good man you think he is.
He is about himself not young men.
He and his good friend the Commissioner of the KHSAA kept a young man from getting to play at Somerset after he left Southwestern and made a legitimate move to the Somerset district. That's the kind of man he is! They did that young man an injustice. May of cost him a scholarship.
itsatrap Wrote:Shows your knowledge. Pretty sure he beat Dudley twice to advance and eventually win 2 state championships. His record vs Johnny is like 6-5 (7 if you count the 60 point drubbing in a scrimmage one year at Lincoln). He didn't leave because he couldn't win. He left for money and judging by facility up keep and locker rooms a system that supports him building a program. I assure that man runs from no one or no thing. He has left LC and now SW because they simply didn't stick to their word. Everybody gets complacent when your winning 9/10 games a year and all those promises made to secure a hire fall by the wayside. Coach French sees past the wins and looks at the bigger picture. There is still talent at SW they have a good to be 8th grade team that beat Northern. Returning a lot of talent. I just think seeing the condition of his own facilities and playing on the field at PC he sees that the support for football isn't where it needs to be. He can't get teaching jobs for coaches to come in or stay. Only had two coaches that where teachers. Point blank program wasn't being built the way he asked it to be. If you guys only new half of what you think you do. All the "he knows when to leave" comments kill me. He is going to Middlesboro. Yea he is a talent chaser.

If I am reading your right and he was upset at facilities, then he is in the wrong place. We can not fix any facilities because it is so far away from school. Locker rooms and program facilities are way worse than SW with no fixing it. He will not win 9/10 games a year here for several years. Lets call it correct, we are grateful we a located next to two beautiful lakes and he loves to fish. That is why he is here. We will take it. Good Luck Coach.
NextGeneration Wrote:If I am reading your right and he was upset at facilities, then he is in the wrong place. We can not fix any facilities because it is so far away from school. Locker rooms and program facilities are way worse than SW with no fixing it. He will not win 9/10 games a year here for several years. Lets call it correct, we are grateful we a located next to two beautiful lakes and he loves to fish. That is why he is here. We will take it. Good Luck Coach.
Oh so Lake Cumberland wouldn't suffice. And that kid from Somerset wasn't what French fought. He made a "legitimate" move after being recruited. The system is screwed up and the kid gets punished but the fight was never against the kid but rather the coach taking him to eat or to tour the facilities while still at SW
It was against the kid. That kid wanted to be at Somerset since he was in the seventh grade. Made the move when he got the chance. Why would anyone do that to a young man just because he wanted to go to a different school.
bandit57 Wrote:It was against the kid. That kid wanted to be at Somerset since he was in the seventh grade. Made the move when he got the chance. Why would anyone do that to a young man just because he wanted to go to a different school.

So at the court hearings why would the kid say otherwise? Why would he confirm that yes they did recuit me. Yes they did call me to tour facilities. Yes they asked me to come play. You realize the whole reason SW and Pulaski both removed Somerset from football was due to Somerset actively recruiting players. All these articles come out pro Somerset wanting the games added back and even state that the recuitment of student atheletes cause the discontinuation of the games. Oh and SW still won 9/10 games both years without him so nobody was fighting the kid or to keep him they fought the recruiting. You also realize SW and French had a running back transfer legitimatly to Somerset who was twice the player and not a word was said. Wonder why. Maybe he wasn't being recruited. Again if you only new half of what you think you do
I don't think I know. He wanted to play for Somerset since seventh grade.
The guy you claim was recruiting him wasn't even in Somerset when he was in the seventh grade. You don't think Somerset kids get recruited by the country schools? If our kids leave we let them go without a any problems. If they don't want to play for the Briar Jumpers we don't hold them back or go to the KHSAA. Kids need to go where they want!
French is a homerun..
itsatrap Wrote:Shows your knowledge. Pretty sure he beat Dudley twice to advance and eventually win 2 state championships. His record vs Johnny is like 6-5 (7 if you count the 60 point drubbing in a scrimmage one year at Lincoln). He didn't leave because he couldn't win. He left for money and judging by facility up keep and locker rooms a system that supports him building a program. I assure that man runs from no one or no thing. He has left LC and now SW because they simply didn't stick to their word. Everybody gets complacent when your winning 9/10 games a year and all those promises made to secure a hire fall by the wayside. Coach French sees past the wins and looks at the bigger picture. There is still talent at SW they have a good to be 8th grade team that beat Northern. Returning a lot of talent. I just think seeing the condition of his own facilities and playing on the field at PC he sees that the support for football isn't where it needs to be. He can't get teaching jobs for coaches to come in or stay. Only had two coaches that where teachers. Point blank program wasn't being built the way he asked it to be. If you guys only new half of what you think you do. All the "he knows when to leave" comments kill me. He is going to Middlesboro. Yea he is a talent chaser.

I agree with most of what you say but he did have 3 coaches that are teachers. Was promised to have weightlifting as a PE class like many other schools do and 5 years later still not there. Just add that to the list.
Unbelievable Hire. Homerun hire for sure!
64black&gold Wrote:I agree with most of what you say but he did have 3 coaches that are teachers. Was promised to have weightlifting as a PE class like many other schools do and 5 years later still not there. Just add that to the list.
Yea believe one of the younger guys was the 3rd hired. Point is he had other guys he wanted that they wouldn't hire and there are schools with entire staffs in the school and that makes a difference.
itsatrap Wrote:So at the court hearings why would the kid say otherwise? Why would he confirm that yes they did recuit me. Yes they did call me to tour facilities. Yes they asked me to come play. You realize the whole reason SW and Pulaski both removed Somerset from football was due to Somerset actively recruiting players. All these articles come out pro Somerset wanting the games added back and even state that the recuitment of student atheletes cause the discontinuation of the games. Oh and SW still won 9/10 games both years without him so nobody was fighting the kid or to keep him they fought the recruiting. You also realize SW and French had a running back transfer legitimatly to Somerset who was twice the player and not a word was said. Wonder why. Maybe he wasn't being recruited. Again if you only new half of what you think you do

Fake news. I'm not sure if you're pretending to be in the know or regurgitating rumors or just straight lying, but it is all false.
RoShamBo Wrote:Fake news. I'm not sure if you're pretending to be in the know or regurgitating rumors or just straight lying, but it is all false.
Go read the article. It's public record there is no "in the know" its called reading. SW ended the series because of recuiting of student athletes. I'll link the article so you cam be in the know if you'd like
itsatrap Wrote:Go read the article. It's public record there is no "in the know" its called reading. SW ended the series because of recuiting of student athletes. I'll link the article so you cam be in the know if you'd like

Please do, I didn't catch that article so I'd like to read it. Regardless, recruiting has nothing to do with why the PC/SW-Somerset series ended.

As for the kid telling the KHSAA he was actively recruited by Somerset, how do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?
RoShamBo Wrote:Please do, I didn't catch that article so I'd like to read it. Regardless, recruiting has nothing to do with why the PC/SW-Somerset series ended.

As for the kid telling the KHSAA he was actively recruited by Somerset, how do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I was at the hearing. The kid said exactly that. They told him say no more based on that alone he would not be eligible. Everybody bashed Coach French but he said from day one that it wasn't about the kid rather the coaches who continuously did this. SW had a starting running back this past season whos older brother transferred to Somerset simply because he felt he wanted to be there. Not a word said papers signed, but that was 100% the kids call no coaches involved. And thats just the one kid others have transferred as well. This same coach didn't just come after the one fish he caught mind you that was the last straw simple as that.
Just blows my mind everyone talks about Corbin recuiting or even in this post how Bell and Pineville take from Middlesboro but as soon as someone tries to do something about it he has a vendetta against a kid.
RoShamBo Wrote:Please do, I didn't catch that article so I'd like to read it. Regardless, recruiting has nothing to do with why the PC/SW-Somerset series ended.

I will find the article and share the link was a few months ago but Ill dig it up asap
itsatrap Wrote:I was at the hearing. The kid said exactly that. They told him say no more based on that alone he would not be eligible. Everybody bashed Coach French but he said from day one that it wasn't about the kid rather the coaches who continuously did this. SW had a starting running back this past season whos older brother transferred to Somerset simply because he felt he wanted to be there. Not a word said papers signed, but that was 100% the kids call no coaches involved. And thats just the one kid others have transferred as well. This same coach didn't just come after the one fish he caught mind you that was the last straw simple as that.
Just blows my mind everyone talks about Corbin recuiting or even in this post how Bell and Pineville take from Middlesboro but as soon as someone tries to do something about it he has a vendetta against a kid.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone different, but that kid played all through middle school and started high school at Somerset before transferring to SW. There was no recruiting, he went back to the school he wanted to be at.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about what was said at the hearing. I'll just say that if a kid admits to one school actively recruiting him at a KHSAA hearing, why was there zero investigation done by the KHSAA or even requested by SW? That is at least worthy of a minor sanction, even by the KHSAA's incompetent standards.
Would all you Pulaski County folks go get a room! Wink
French was tired of Somerset recruiting and he takes a job next to Dudley Hilton?
hahahahahahaha:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Success will come down to who he hires or can hire on his staff. I hope he can hire two good assistants. New is needed, at least in the coordinator positions. Little hope for some on that staff last year.
RoShamBo Wrote:Maybe I'm thinking of someone different, but that kid played all through middle school and started high school at Somerset before transferring to SW. There was no recruiting, he went back to the school he wanted to be at.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about what was said at the hearing. I'll just say that if a kid admits to one school actively recruiting him at a KHSAA hearing, why was there zero investigation done by the KHSAA or even requested by SW? That is at least worthy of a minor sanction, even by the KHSAA's incompetent standards.

The investigation was the hearing, and sanctions were given out. Unfortunately the khsaa took the sanctions out on the kid and not the school. It’s not hard to be ruled eligible by the khsaa when transferring, I’ve read a hundred different post on kids being ruled eligible. If the khsaa ruled a kid ineligible then there is without a doubt evidence of wrong doing. Ask yourself this, why would the KHSAA risk the chance of being sued, for a large money settlements, just because Larry asked them to because his feelings were hurt. Also if it was legit like everyone in purple claims, why hasn’t the kid and parents sued the khsaa, seems like it would be an easy case.

Btw congrats to Middlesboro you got a good one.
PRIDE101 Wrote:French was tired of Somerset recruiting and he takes a job next to Dudley Hilton?

Better be less vocal or he may come after the kid you recruited from MHS. We all know about the house and job.
RoShamBo Wrote:Maybe I'm thinking of someone different, but that kid played all through middle school and started high school at Somerset before transferring to SW. There was no recruiting, he went back to the school he wanted to be at.

Exactly your thinking of the correct kid. He left because he wanted to and nothing was said. So why would this lid have been different? What was the x-factor that made SW suddenly not allow transfers as they had before. Maybe the constant hey coach Somerset keeps trying to get me there by other players and then this one saying the same thing but actually going.

Exactly never should have hurt the kid and the school should be punished. NCAA is horrible but at least punishes both. Kids shouldn't be punished at all. 15-17 years olds aren't the strongest at making life choices but are punished as such too often.
PRIDE101 Wrote:French was tired of Somerset recruiting and he takes a job next to Dudley Hilton?

Have you read the prior posts? Nobody said he was leaving because he was tired of recruiting. It was stated in reply to a post as to why he would leave SW that he wasn't such a good guy because of what he did to a kid who transferred to Somerset. The recuiting since that athlete had died down. Go back and read. Do not assume.
I am sure a 15-17 year old didn't make the decision. Mine wouldn't. That falls on mom and dad.
itsatrap Wrote:Have you read the prior posts? Nobody said he was leaving because he was tired of recruiting. It was stated in reply to a post as to why he would leave SW that he wasn't such a good guy because of what he did to a kid who transferred to Somerset. The recuiting since that athlete had died down. Go back and read. Do not assume.

Maybe read my post, I didn't say that is why he left. I said he was tied of it. Don't assume you know what I meant.
So Southwestern settled for punishing the kid instead of going after Somerset for a blatant violation of a KHSAA bylaw? This is all ridiculous and unfounded. And for the record, the KHSAA frequently declares kids ineligible when the school he/she left from complains.
itsatrap Wrote:Exactly your thinking of the correct kid. He left because he wanted to and nothing was said. So why would this lid have been different? What was the x-factor that made SW suddenly not allow transfers as they had before. Maybe the constant hey coach Somerset keeps trying to get me there by other players and then this one saying the same thing but actually going.

Exactly never should have hurt the kid and the school should be punished. NCAA is horrible but at least punishes both. Kids shouldn't be punished at all. 15-17 years olds aren't the strongest at making life choices but are punished as such too often.

Would look a bit hypocritical to block a kid from transferring who transferred to your school from Somerset in the first place, wouldn't it?
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next