Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 65 Western 56
Final
Shouldn’t have been that close. If I had a dollar for every missed South FT I would eat well tonight. Exaggerating of course, but the Cards were sloppy at the line and kept Western within 10 most of the 4th.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Shouldn’t have been that close. If I had a dollar for every missed South FT I would eat well tonight. Exaggerating of course, but the Cards were sloppy at the line and kept Western within 10 most of the 4th.

Missing a few ft's doesn't make you lose a 20 point lead. Western has a good team. Go look at their schedule. Almost all their 6th region losses are single digits.
Way to go Cardinals!
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Shouldn’t have been that close. If I had a dollar for every missed South FT I would eat well tonight. Exaggerating of course, but the Cards were sloppy at the line and kept Western within 10 most of the 4th.

practice practice practice.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Missing a few ft's doesn't make you lose a 20 point lead. Western has a good team. Go look at their schedule. Almost all their 6th region losses are single digits.

We missed several front end on bonus shots and a couple guys just flat out missed both shots. Not taking anything away from Western, because they had some young guys hitting from long range, but South kept it close by missing from the line. You can’t deny that
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:We missed several front end on bonus shots and a couple guys just flat out missed both shots. Not taking anything away from Western, because they had some young guys hitting from long range, but South kept it close by missing from the line. You can’t deny that

poor free throw shooting can definitely let the other team back in the game quickly.
South Won Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:South Won Confusederiously:

Are you sure? Your battery was dead :biglmao:
south is a 77 percent free throw shooting as a team. 6th in the state. with 3 guys 82 plus and 1 at 79 thats not counting last night. I dont have those stats yet so ft shooting is not one of my top concerns.
Congrats to South.
getting our legs back for tonite after 5 tough games in 8 days is my biggest concern. with couple kids having to play almost every min of those games
Congrats Cardinals!
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Missing a few ft's doesn't make you lose a 20 point lead. Western has a good team. Go look at their schedule. Almost all their 6th region losses are single digits.

I certainly would not call Western a good team. Single digit losses are one thing but the other is they don't have a single quality win. Right now, I have South Laurel a top 10 team in the state. I don't think SL is that good but there are not a lot of real good teams in the state this year. I'm only seeing two right now and both of those teams have their star players injured. It's a interesting year.
rojas Wrote:I certainly would not call Western a good team. Single digit losses are one thing but the other is they don't have a single quality win. Right now, I have South Laurel a top 10 team in the state. I don't think SL is that good but there are not a lot of real good teams in the state this year. I'm only seeing two right now and both of those teams have their star players injured. It's a interesting year.
and to be honest there usually aint a team as good as scott co in the state either
If what i looked at was correct, South was 16/25 from the line and had 2 other waved off by lane violations.
rojas Wrote:I certainly would not call Western a good team. Single digit losses are one thing but the other is they don't have a single quality win. Right now, I have South Laurel a top 10 team in the state. I don't think SL is that good but there are not a lot of real good teams in the state this year. I'm only seeing two right now and both of those teams have their star players injured. It's a interesting year.

I'm sure South is elated that you have them top 10 in your rankings, even though they suck. Lol. Scott County is on a different level right now, but how do you call Trinity a "good team"? They've lost 3 of their last 4 since 1 player went down. Obviously far and away their best player, but if you can't win a game because 1 kid is out, you're definitely not a great "team".
South only score 22pts after halftime not many fg scores.............Just saying we won it on free throw line. Lol :popcorn: no comments Confusednicker: