Aug 31 Russell @ Russell
Sept 6 Rowan Co. @ Rowan
Sept 13 Pikeville @ Pikeville
Sept 20 OPEN
Sept 27 Portsmouth West @ Raceland
Oct 4 Ashland @ Ashland
Oct 11 Betsy Lane @ Raceland (District) Homecoming
Oct 18 Fairview @ Raceland (District)
Oct 25 Paintsville @ Paintsville (District)
Nov 1 Lawrence Co. @ Raceland
Lots of really good football on that schedule. I wish that the Somerset series could have continued. My favorite game the past two years.
sidelinedoc Wrote:Aug 16 East Carter @ Raceland (Grid)
Aug 24 Greenup @ Raceland
Aug 31 Russell @ Russell
Sept 6 Rowan Co. @ Rowan
Sept 13 Pikeville @ Pikeville
Sept 20 OPEN
Sept 27 Portsmouth West @ Raceland
Oct 4 Ashland @ Ashland
Oct 11 Betsy Lane @ Raceland (District) Homecoming
Oct 18 Fairview @ Raceland (District)
Oct 25 Paintsville @ Paintsville (District)
Nov 1 Lawrence Co. @ Raceland

I thought someone said they where going to start playing Ashland at home every other year, so are they or is it still going to be at Ashland every year?
I believe that starts in 2020.
Really wish we could have kept the Somerset game or been able to pick up another central or NKY team. I know a Beechwood series has been attempted a couple of times, but it's not worked out. Gotta keep the rivalry games and the new alignment gave us an extra district game, but I would like to have seen us get a stronger 4th game. BUT I do know 100% that theres much more to scheduling than meets the eye. And the middle of that schedule is pretty stout with Portsmouth West, Pikeville and Ashland.
Two big Rivalry games out the gate and Ashland late in the season. Like to see that. So many, myself included, have often said, "it's a good thing we play Ashland early"...wont have that luxury next year. Good test to see where we are before district games start up.
6 pretty good games on their schedule.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Two big Rivalry games out the gate and Ashland late in the season. Like to see that. So many, myself included, have often said, "it's a good thing we play Ashland early"...wont have that luxury next year. Good test to see where we are before district games start up.

But, sandwiched between the Ashland and Paintsville games are two cream puffs. It will be interesting to see if we can maintain our focus and win the district title.

Recent history doesn't leave me feeling too confident about that.
I know a lot of work goes into filling out a schedule and I’m sure both side work hard on making the game happen but damn....I hate the Russell game so early in the season.I loved that it was played on Halloween week! I always felt that both sides could’ve done more with the game being so close to Halloween! Oh well .....should be thankful we are still playing I guess!
12-1 😁
12-1? I'd take it tbh. We lose alot really. We have been able to reload upfront each year, but this will be a year that we will lose our 2 leading rushers and two leading tacklers. Huge holes to fill.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:12-1? I'd take it tbh. We lose alot really. We have been able to reload upfront each year, but this will be a year that we will lose our 2 leading rushers and two leading tacklers. Huge holes to fill.

If y’all beat Pikeville, Paintsville, and Ashland and then lose to Paintsville at home in the regional finals, you won’t “take it” hahaha

All of those games are on the road as well.
Merry Christmas to everyone , I hope everyone enjoys time with friends and family
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Merry Christmas to everyone , I hope everyone enjoys time with friends and family

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nut.
Patriot1 Wrote:Merry Christmas to you and your family Nut.

To you and your family as well , and good luck to pikeville next year
anotherfootballnut Wrote:To you and your family as well , and good luck to pikeville next year

Good luck to Raceland, too Nut. But didn’t you say he was coming, just kidding Nut. Hope to get to talk to you next year at the Pikeville and Raceland game
2000PHS Wrote:If y’all beat Pikeville, Paintsville, and Ashland and then lose to Paintsville at home in the regional finals, you won’t “take it” hahaha

All of those games are on the road as well.

Of course I wouldnt want to take it lol. I just know we have alot of replace.
Alot will rest on Heighton next year. Not just with his arm but his legs as well. Lewis and Cox will have to step up as well and provide consistency at WR and in the return game. The RBs will likely be a committee of "program guys" as Mike calls them. Pennington, imo, will be the #1 back coming into camp. Defensively, I'm not sure you can replace Nolan or Dalton with 4 guys. Lot of work has to be done in the offseason to maintain the level we have been at the last several years. That being said, the last several senior groups have shown the work it takes in the offseason and I dont expect hard work and dedication to be an issue in the offseason workouts.
Which I have faith in Heighton. He had 60 fewer pass attempts than black did his sr year. More than doubled the TD passes and threw half the ints.
I personally do not think we will drop off drastically next season. Yes, we have 2 significant spots to fill on offense and on defense BUT our boys work hard in the off season and our coaching staff is as good as any team around. I fully anticipate us to play at a high level and to host Pikeville in week 14 for the state semifinals game. Not cocky, just my observation. I have been around high school football 20 years and I feel like I have a decent feel for what a team will be able to do.
** this is based on no significant injuries Smile
Speaking of injuries. I want to commend Hunter Lacks. Every year prior to this past year, he has been banged up. He took on a much bigger roll than he ever had, and maintain good health all season. Hopefully these kids coming in next year see that dedication to taking care of themselves.
my Final post ... good luck to all local teams next year especially Raceland, hope for a injury free successful season to all . Time to hang up the texting thumbs later ladies
sidelinedoc Wrote:I personally do not think we will drop off drastically next season. Yes, we have 2 significant spots to fill on offense and on defense BUT our boys work hard in the off season and our coaching staff is as good as any team around. I fully anticipate us to play at a high level and to host Pikeville in week 14 for the state semifinals game. Not cocky, just my observation. I have been around high school football 20 years and I feel like I have a decent feel for what a team will be able to do.
** this is based on no significant injuries Smile

I dont expect us to drop off a great deal, but the fact of the matter is we have to replace over 1800 yards and 18 TDs on the ground. We will also need to be more productive and have more variety in the passing games against the better defensive teams that load the box. I do however expect Heighton to have a very good year by air and on the ground.
Another positive is all district games are at home and we are only on the road after the bye week.
Solid
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Another positive is all district games are at home and we are only on the road after the bye week.

They're on the road for the Paintsville game.
Your right. I was thinking we played them on the road in the regular season this year. But it was at home.
You have won back to back regional titles with running backs that have just a few more yards than you and me in the regional game lol

Raceland will be fine. Paintsville will be fine. Pikeville will be world beaters and their fans and proud papas on here will melt the Internet. 😁
2000PHS Wrote:You have won back to back regional titles with running backs that have just a few more yards than you and me in the regional game lol

Raceland will be fine. Paintsville will be fine. Pikeville will be world beaters and their fans and proud papas on here will melt the Internet. 😁

I agree that Raceland will be fine. Paintsville loses to much & will be in rebuilding mode. Don’t see them as a threat w/ the lack of offensive identity they had w/ athletes all over the field. Just don’t know where there points will come from against good competition.
Gargamel Wrote:I agree that Raceland will be fine. Paintsville loses to much & will be in rebuilding mode. Don’t see them as a threat w/ the lack of offensive identity they had w/ athletes all over the field. Just don’t know where there points will come from against good competition.

3 year starter at QB. Williams at RB, Phelps and McClurg on the outside. They will okay.