•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
When they do something right I will get on board. Otherwise worry about yourself. Look where we are and disagree. But when those like you put us there, I see where you are coming from.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Getting to the semis in KY’s current 6-class system isn’t exactly summiting Mount Rushmore, but French is still one of the top coaches around—and he has proven himself a consistent winner across four decades now.

Mercer County was in class A of a 4 Class system.

Meade County was in AAA in a 4 Class System.

Lincoln County was in 5A in a six class system.

Boyle was in 4A in six class system.
PRIDE101 Wrote:This from a Whitley guy? You are giving pop shots about administration? Think before you post Dougie. Looks like the hire we made is working out pretty well for us. Go back to your thread and hug Lawson and Siler.

One district championship? Don't start crowing just yet, and stay off the Whitley thread with your stupidity. You are not hiring their coach Smile Lawson deserves a hug for starting a community Thanksgiving dinner. That's more than you've done. This thread is about Middlesboro, and I hope they get a great coach.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Both will not happen, your going to lose more than you will gain. Christmas Break is coming and the burg is taking your players, and yes I am bitter I didn’t have a better jump on snagging a few for us. Your administration should take notes, while they are checking the family tree looking for a coach Middlesboro actually hired one.

And to add, Pride your a gaining one also at Knox.

My what is going to lose? I hope you get a dictionary for Christmas Smile. Did Middlesboro hire a coach?
theotherfrench Wrote:I am not part of the deal. He has known that since Middlesboro called, my wife is from Somerset and this is home for myself and kids. Southwestern is my home.

good deal.
pjdoug Wrote:My what is going to lose? I hope you get a dictionary for Christmas Smile. Did Middlesboro hire a coach?

Your program is going to lose more than it will gain in players.

Lose
2 become unable to find (something or someone) that was from the dictionary.

Not yet but they have more of a bone than Whitley does now. And I agree this is about Middlesboro not Whitley, you made a remark about Corbin and I fired back.
I’ll tell y’all right now. If Larry gets the job Steven probably won’t go. He is recently married to a somerset girl and they have kids. Knowing what I do, don’t see them moving at all.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Your program is going to lose more than it will gain in players.

Lose
2 become unable to find (something or someone)

Not yet but they have more of a bone than Whitley does now. And I agree this is about Middlesboro not Whitley, you made a remark about Corbin and I fired back.

Confusednicker:
NextGeneration Wrote:My Daddies assistant to present. If you go this route you don't have to make one.

Good thing I haven't gone this route. And for your other comment, I have not talked with Southwestern about the Head Coaching job yet. You don't campaign for a position that isn't open, that's a great way to divide a staff and team. Good luck with your coaching search, hopefully you can jump on board and support whoever they decide to hire.
Hope French does take the job, this would be a huge hire for Middlesboro and send a message that it's back to business in the crater.

As for the comments about his son, that stuff is out of bounds and ridiculous. You don't win like French has and keep dead weight around the program, so it's obvious his son is pulling his weight.
pjdoug Wrote:Maybe they should hire you as their Athletic Director since you've always had a powerhouse football team at Knox Central.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Hatz Wrote:Mercer County was in class A of a 4 Class system.

Meade County was in AAA in a 4 Class System.

Lincoln County was in 5A in a six class system.

Boyle was in 4A in six class system.

The 2006 Lincoln County team was in the last year of 4 classes. My mistake the semi team was the next year
theotherfrench Wrote:Good thing I haven't gone this route. And for your other comment, I have not talked with Southwestern about the Head Coaching job yet. You don't campaign for a position that isn't open, that's a great way to divide a staff and team. Good luck with your coaching search, hopefully you can jump on board and support whoever they decide to hire.

NextGen does not speak for Middlesboro fans, he was obviously spurned by a former superintendent and hates all things Middlesboro. It's always the crazy 2% that are the loudest.
I'm in Middlesboro again today but I'd rather have the Whitley County job.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm in Middlesboro again today but I'd rather have the Whitley County job.

You get around more than 64sur, who are you interviewing against today? What's the word from the popular barber shop? Usually that's where you get the inside scoop about what's going on in town like Floyds on Andy Griffith.
Rainingthrees Wrote:You get around more than 64sur, who are you interviewing against today? What's the word from the popular barber shop? Usually that's where you get the inside scoop about what's going on in town like Floyds on Andy Griffith.
I was just visiting the crater city. lol. Went by a cousin's store.
French would be a home run hire.
E's Army Wrote:French would be a home run hire.

Absolutely, if they pull this off it will be a major upgrade. They may have jumped 6 years ahead combined with weak district.
For Middlesboro, he would be a GRAND-SLAM hire. Sorry but it's true
French is top quality. I hope Middlesboro and Whitley County both get a coach of his caliber.
2 coaching legends in the county have run Elam out of town.
E's Army Wrote:2 coaching legends in the county have run Elam out of town.
I doubt that, given that the rumor is he is leaving Pineville for a college OC job at Union? But much respect to Elam, he made Pineville much better again and the kids seemed to have bought into his system and style.
theotherfrench Wrote:I am not part of the deal. He has known that since Middlesboro called, my wife is from Somerset and this is home for myself and kids. Southwestern is my home.

Totally understandable, don’t let your dad be dissuaded by a single poster on here (I’m sure he wouldn’t be), but if he comes have him hit me up and I’ll be glad to help buy the program anything I can he thinks they need. Time to right the ship!
fridaynightfights Wrote:Totally understandable, don’t let your dad be dissuaded by a single poster on here (I’m sure he wouldn’t be), but if he comes have him hit me up and I’ll be glad to help buy the program anything I can he thinks they need. Time to right the ship!

Can you buy a nice tour bus if I take the job?
fridaynightfights Wrote:Totally understandable, don’t let your dad be dissuaded by a single poster on here (I’m sure he wouldn’t be), but if he comes have him hit me up and I’ll be glad to help buy the program anything I can he thinks they need. Time to right the ship!

That’s awesome the community already stepping up. Community is a big part to our programs success, seeing this shows that Coach French will be even more successful than I first said. Rally the troops Middlesboro, I think times are going to change. Congrats
pjdoug Wrote:Can you buy a nice tour bus if I take the job?

If I could afford it I would. I can buy some equipment, t-shirts, sweat suits for kids, money for camp for kids that can’t afford to go, but a quarter million dollar motor coach is probably more than my budget can take.
fridaynightfights Wrote:If I could afford it I would. I can buy some equipment, t-shirts, sweat suits for kids, money for camp for kids that can’t afford to go, but a quarter million dollar motor coach is probably more than my budget can take.

That's great. Thanks for making it about the kids. Go Jackets!
French is in Middlesboro now looking at houses. Bart Elam had a choice to resign or be fired. Why he is leaving Pineville. Rumors are, he's wanting back on Knox Central staff.
BellCo18 Wrote:French is in Middlesboro now looking at houses. Bart Elam had a choice to resign or be fired. Why he is leaving Pineville. Rumors are, he's wanting back on Knox Central staff.

Maybe he will be Athletic Director at Knox Central. They need one Confusednicker:
Why would Pineville fire Elam?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next