Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six Mr Football Finalists Named
"Pikeville's Conner Roberts will be joined by Fredrick Douglass’ Damarco Fishback (Class 6A); Covington Catholic’s Caleb Jacob; Franklin-Simpson’s Tre Bass (Class 4A); Western Hills’ Wandale Robinson (Class 3A); and Christian Academy of Louisville’s Milton Wright."

Full Article Link Below

http://ekbsports.com/pikeville-qb-robert...8.facebook
Robinson would be my vote. Hometown hero! Exciting kid to watch and looks even better that Mr. Kentucky is playing for the wildcats next season!
This isn't even close...WanDale Robinson is a beast.
Wandale Robinson has my vote.
FoSho Wrote:This isn't even close...WanDale Robinson is a beast.

imagine this man on a different team. I think UK could have an explosive offense coming up if they get a good quarterback.
Robinson would have my vote as well. Just a great talent and very exciting to watch.

I know Robinson is headed to UK, Fishback to Cincy and Wright to Purdue, but what about the other three? Anyone know where they are headed?
Caleb Jacob of Cov Cath is only a sophomore!
Rip/Spin Wrote:Robinson would have my vote as well. Just a great talent and very exciting to watch.

I know Robinson is headed to UK, Fishback to Cincy and Wright to Purdue, but what about the other three? Anyone know where they are headed?

I'm not sure if they've committed.
NKY25 Wrote:Caleb Jacob of Cov Cath is only a sophomore!

Yeah. he has a while to go, but a great player.

That was obvious today but why is this relevant to this thread?
Wandal robinson- Mr football & a wildcat!!!
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Wandal robinson- Mr football & a wildcat!!!

Go Cats!
Frank, someone asked where the others were going to college to play ball so I dropped the only bit I know about one of the three he was asking about.
I’m a beechwood grad, was rooting for SW today. Simply answering a question if you’d have read the thread.

This was a misprint, Casey McGinnis is a finalist, not Caleb Jacob.
It doesn’t matter who you put in there Robinson is your Mr. Football
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:It doesn’t matter who you put in there Robinson is your Mr. Football

I hope you're right.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not sure if they've committed.
I know that Connor Roberts has an offer from Centre College. Has not committed anywhere yet.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:This was a misprint, Casey McGinnis is a finalist, not Caleb Jacob.

That makes much more sense. Couldn’t remember the last sophomore Mr. Football candidate personally.
Robinson was announced as the KFCA winner of Mr. Football.
Now maybe in a couple of months when they get around to it the AP will choose one.
To be fair, it should only be a two-horse race between Milton Wright and WanDale Robinson with WanDale being the heavy favorite.
Wandale may switch to Nebraska?
You have to be a senior for Mr. Football, correct?
campbellfield Wrote:You have to be a senior for Mr. Football, correct?

It used to be that way but I'm not sure if the rules were changed.

That said, it would be hard for a non-senior to be named given the tradition of the award.
pjdoug Wrote:Wandale may switch to Nebraska?

drama queen lol.

He said reconsider UofL if Brohm came, now hes reconsidering Nebraka, i would be shocked if hes in the blue and white.
pjdoug Wrote:Wandale may switch to Nebraska?
He is
Robinson De-Commits from UK

https://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/Wand...02161.html
He’s a very good HS player and probably Mr. Football. He is 5ft 8in 170lbs. I don’t think he’s an impact player in any power 5 conference. It would have been nice if UK could have keep him.
no shocker
Tailback44 Wrote:drama queen lol.

He said reconsider UofL if Brohm came, now hes reconsidering Nebraka, i would be shocked if hes in the blue and white.

He sure is.I thought you called me one. lol