•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 20. Corbin 19
WhyLie Wrote:The famous night you beat Alcoa , Ashurst called a great game for the Hounds. But you do play a great schedule. Smith didn't go for it 3 times inside the 5 and only needed 1 point.

We have rung that Bell so many times it's got boring:haters:
The Spread Wrote:Love the haters suddenly showing up. Go ahead guys- you only get to bask in a Corbin loss once in a great while. Enjoy it.

Got to be a hater if you do not agree with Corbin fans. I was pulling for you all the way. It was just very questionable, not just by me but a ton of others. Including Corbin fans in the stands I was with. plus many more I wasn't with.
cherokee Wrote:We have rung that Bell so many times it's got boring:haters:

Again, the team I was for lost. Only because Central is in Louisville. Annex the City.
cherokee Wrote:Last week when Corbin beat Boyle 21-0 the Boyle fans didn't point a finger at Chuck Smith, I would say the Beechwood fans didn't second guess their coach when Corbin beat them. Coach Haddix has brought the Redhounds back to respectability not by playing Trimble County, South Laurel, etc. He played the best competition and did not worry about his record, he focused on improving his team by playing teams like Alcoa, Mayfield, Beechwood, and Central in the regular season over the past 2 years and might I say had beaten each of them. I remember the night we beat Alcoa, Mayfield, and Central on their home fields and Coach Haddix called a great game because the plan went right, but that don't always happen. Fair weather fans on here by 2nd guessing the Coach going for 2; most of them do not know about the starting snap holder becoming injured during the game. If anybody thought that Central was going to be a easy win then you don't know much about football. Only 3 teams have won 3A championship since 6 classes started which are: Boyle, Belfry, and Central. By pointing a finger at the coach or the kids and playing the blame game is a bad receipt for the future of Redhound Football; we win together and lose together is the core of a team's concept. Coach Haddix a class act and a great asset to our community.

I myself criticized Coach Haddix on this very thread about his play calling last night. And I stand by it. But, that doesnt mean that I'm trolling or that I hate the guy or that I hate Corbin. Go back and look at my posts on Corbin threads. I said all year, if Belfry couldn't win it I wanted the Hounds to. I've probably been one of the biggest supporters of Corbin this year from another school. As far as Haddix, I absolutely love the guy! I think hes a very special young coach with a bright future. And I also think Corbin has a ring coming in the near future. At the end of the day it doesnt matter what any of us thinks or says, hes the coach and it's his call. Whether we agree or disagree with it. This is just a high school football forum where, most of us, love our schools and love talking football and come to blow off steam or talk a little smack. Dont take it personal my friend. I know it's hard to do sometimes because I've done it myself. Just look at the positive comments and ignore the negative ones. I know that's easier said than done. But anyway, congrats to the Hounds on an outstanding year. And for what's its worth, IMO, the best team lost last night. Lastly, congrats to the Yellowjackets on an impressive season as well.
Guys. Good teams KNOW already what you WANT to call in a given situation. They take that away. You adjust to what they’ve done and if the kids execute you’ve got a chance to make it work.

I’m betting that the Corbin coaches know the holders and kicker better than anyone else. I’m also betting that Haddix sees defensive tendencies that all the offensive coordinators in the stands don’t see.
I have seen on film at least two scores that were left on the field due to inexperience. Kids do that. A bad cut or coming off a block too soon can make the right call look like a bad coaching decision. They’re kids.
And yes all coaches make decisions with no time and a lot on the line and if they work they’re great calls and if not they’re s%#^ calls......that’s just not how it is. Crap a defensive guy can blow his assignment and by luck end up in just the right place to blow up a play. Then it’s why did we run that?

All I’m saying is this, and I say it with all due respect to all involved.
Corbin fell backwards into hiring Haddix.
Perry admins had no intention in putting into football what it really takes to build a solid program and Haddix was left with a this is what you get take it or leave it choice.
It amazes me that the big picture for Corbin has totally changed for the better since the minute Haddix showed up.
Corbin is now a threat to win a championship year after year.

Just sayin. What is there really to gripe about. Without Haddix you’re home listening to Boyle or Belfry on the radio every year.

In my opinion you kinda backed into a great coach. Enjoy the ride.
WhyLie Wrote:The famous night you beat Alcoa , Ashurst called a great game for the Hounds. But you do play a great schedule. Smith didn't go for it 3 times inside the 5 and only needed 1 point.

My school needs that Alcoa coach :biglmao:
redstone1127 Wrote:Guys. Good teams KNOW already what you WANT to call in a given situation. They take that away. You adjust to what they’ve done and if the kids execute you’ve got a chance to make it work.

I’m betting that the Corbin coaches know the holders and kicker better than anyone else. I’m also betting that Haddix sees defensive tendencies that all the offensive coordinators in the stands don’t see.
I have seen on film at least two scores that were left on the field due to inexperience. Kids do that. A bad cut or coming off a block too soon can make the right call look like a bad coaching decision. They’re kids.
And yes all coaches make decisions with no time and a lot on the line and if they work they’re great calls and if not they’re s%#^ calls......that’s just not how it is. Crap a defensive guy can blow his assignment and by luck end up in just the right place to blow up a play. Then it’s why did we run that?

All I’m saying is this, and I say it with all due respect to all involved.
Corbin fell backwards into hiring Haddix.
Perry admins had no intention in putting into football what it really takes to build a solid program and Haddix was left with a this is what you get take it or leave it choice.
It amazes me that the big picture for Corbin has totally changed for the better since the minute Haddix showed up.
Corbin is now a threat to win a championship year after year.

Just sayin. What is there really to gripe about. Without Haddix you’re home listening to Boyle or Belfry on the radio every year.

In my opinion you kinda backed into a great coach. Enjoy the ride.
You act like Corbin is limited to one coach and have never been there before Confusednicker:
Whitley County has a good kicker. Couldn't they get him to play for Corbin?
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County has a good kicker. Couldn't they get him to play for Corbin?

You're terrible! 😂😂😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:You're terrible! 😂😂😂
I can't help it Confusednicker:
Careful, they have to be looking.
pjdoug Wrote:i can't help it Confusednicker:

😂😂😂
TheColonel Wrote:Careful, they have to be looking.

Did you find a coach that will keep the players at home?
Who’s the Colonels going to get?
We win and lose as a team at Corbin.

Congrats to Central for being better than us this past Friday.

I look forward to seeing the Hounds again come August!!!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Ok, blame the kids. And "Why" I'm not the head coach is what your post should read. And they weren't up by 2 plus TD's which makes it more questionable. SMH

you right let blame the coaches. the coaches was the ones that play the game for the player. but here I was though it was the player that was playing the game.
cherokee Wrote:Last week when Corbin beat Boyle 21-0 the Boyle fans didn't point a finger at Chuck Smith, I would say the Beechwood fans didn't second guess their coach when Corbin beat them. Coach Haddix has brought the Redhounds back to respectability not by playing Trimble County, South Laurel, etc. He played the best competition and did not worry about his record, he focused on improving his team by playing teams like Alcoa, Mayfield, Beechwood, and Central in the regular season over the past 2 years and might I say had beaten each of them. I remember the night we beat Alcoa, Mayfield, and Central on their home fields and Coach Haddix called a great game because the plan went right, but that don't always happen. Fair weather fans on here by 2nd guessing the Coach going for 2; most of them do not know about the starting snap holder becoming injured during the game. If anybody thought that Central was going to be a easy win then you don't know much about football. Only 3 teams have won 3A championship since 6 classes started which are: Boyle, Belfry, and Central. By pointing a finger at the coach or the kids and playing the blame game is a bad receipt for the future of Redhound Football; we win together and lose together is the core of a team's concept. Coach Haddix a class act and a great asset to our community.
I agree with all that you say... it should be pointed out that most negative comments toward coach Haddix aren’t Corbin fans. As I said earlier, I wouldn’t want anyone else as our coach. Great person, great coach.

Paducah Tilghman also has a 3A championship in that timeframe.
Unfortunately you guys got your wish and Coach Haddix posted an apology last night on Facebook taking all the blame for the loss, good job. One question though how many of your legendary coaches from Haywood, Dudley, Larkey, or Smith took their teams to back to back finals in year 3 and 4 on the job, or even had them in the semis in year one and two. Was he prepared for Boyle a couple weeks in advance absolutely he probably was who wouldn't have been, but from what I'm hearing if Boyle's legendary coach had prepared for Corbin instead of Central then we might not be having this discussion, but don't let me interrupt while your busy tearing down a man that's only in his mid thirties that has done nothing but bring a football community dying for it back to relevance or maybe that's the problem the Corbin hate over shadows everything else. I'm done here for a while over this everyone talks about having a quality moral person who wins leading there kids but one game defines them forever apparently!! Go Haddix Hounds Commonwealth Stadium hasn't seen the last of them I promise!!
FoSho Wrote:One HUGE difference was the fact that the Corbin coaching staff had WEEKS to prepare for Boyle Co and it showed (a friend was told this after the semi final game on the field by a Corbin staffer). They only had one week to prepare for Central......did that have an effect? Because there is nobody that can say that Central is a better team than Boyle Co and Corbin was well prepared, well coached and made all the right moves vs the Rebels. That was not the case last night it seems?!?!

I still think going for the win was not a bad call. I'm just not sure the right play was called.

Glad you could find a keyboard after a week and the Corbin loss, Central is better than Boyle just like Corbin was. Get up with Jack Lambert and Hatz maybe they will teach you some CLASS!!
Was hoping for a Redhound win. Sounds like it was a battle to the end with some questionable play calling. All is done and over though, want to wish both teams good luck in 4A.
single shot Wrote:Unfortunately you guys got your wish and Coach Haddix posted an apology last night on Facebook taking all the blame for the loss, good job. One question though how many of your legendary coaches from Haywood, Dudley, Larkey, or Smith took their teams to back to back finals in year 3 and 4 on the job, or even had them in the semis in year one and two. Was he prepared for Boyle a couple weeks in advance absolutely he probably was who wouldn't have been, but from what I'm hearing if Boyle's legendary coach had prepared for Corbin instead of Central then we might not be having this discussion, but don't let me interrupt while your busy tearing down a man that's only in his mid thirties that has done nothing but bring a football community dying for it back to relevance or maybe that's the problem the Corbin hate over shadows everything else. I'm done here for a while over this everyone talks about having a quality moral person who wins leading there kids but one game defines them forever apparently!! Go Haddix Hounds Commonwealth Stadium hasn't seen the last of them I promise!!

So sad, bless his heart. Really, grow up and grow a pair. That's one of the reasons why they have championships and he doesn't.
single shot Wrote:Unfortunately you guys got your wish and Coach Haddix posted an apology last night on Facebook taking all the blame for the loss, good job. One question though how many of your legendary coaches from Haywood, Dudley, Larkey, or Smith took their teams to back to back finals in year 3 and 4 on the job, or even had them in the semis in year one and two. Was he prepared for Boyle a couple weeks in advance absolutely he probably was who wouldn't have been, but from what I'm hearing if Boyle's legendary coach had prepared for Corbin instead of Central then we might not be having this discussion, but don't let me interrupt while your busy tearing down a man that's only in his mid thirties that has done nothing but bring a football community dying for it back to relevance or maybe that's the problem the Corbin hate over shadows everything else. I'm done here for a while over this everyone talks about having a quality moral person who wins leading there kids but one game defines them forever apparently!! Go Haddix Hounds Commonwealth Stadium hasn't seen the last of them I promise!!
Don't make promises you can't keep.
Serious question.

How good of an opportunity was this for Corbin to win a State Championship?

In terms of senior class, changing classes this year etc.

What do the hounds return heading into next season and who are the biggest dogs in 4A in ‘19 ?
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Serious question.

What do the hounds return heading into next season and who are the biggest dogs in 4A in ‘19 ?

District 1- Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Madisonville-North Hopkins
District 2- Allen County-Scottsville, Breckinridge County, Franklin-Simpson, Warren Central, Warren East
District 3- John Hardin, Marion County, Moore, Spencer County, Valley
District 4- Central, Franklin County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Waggener
District 5- Anderson County, Bourbon County, Boyle County, Lexington Catholic
District 6- Boyd County, Harrison County, Holmes, Rowan County, Scott
District 7- Corbin, Knox Central, Lincoln County, Russell County, Wayne County
District 8- Clay County, Harlan County, Johnson Central, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central
single shot Wrote:Glad you could find a keyboard after a week and the Corbin loss, Central is better than Boyle just like Corbin was. Get up with Jack Lambert and Hatz maybe they will teach you some CLASS!!

Our staff prepared for Corbin, not Central. Lots of reasons for the loss but preparation wasn't one of them.

Your staff was fully dedicated for weeks on beating the Rebels and you did handily. But don't act like you had the same preparation for Central, you couldn't possibly have......and it showed.

I'm not going to get into a "who's better than who" argument because it's irrelevant. It only matters who wins. But I'll just say, Corbin, Boyle or Belfry SHOULD NOT have lost to Central.

Haddix is a grown a$$ man and if he felt the need to apologize than I think that's great. Like I said before, he knows his team the best and maybe he felt he let them down? So what? It happens. He's still a great coach.

What about my post was untrue or not "CLASSY"?
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Serious question.

In no particular order, top teams are: Corbin, Boyle Co, Louisville Central, Johnson Cemtral, Franklin-Simpson, Franklin Co, Knox Central, Wayne Co., Anderson Co and LexCath.
FoSho Wrote:In no particular order, top teams are: Corbin, Boyle Co, Louisville Central, Johnson Cemtral, Franklin-Simpson, Franklin Co, Knox Central, Wayne Co., Anderson Co and LexCath.

Is E-Town coming up to 4A?
Hatz Wrote:Is E-Town coming up to 4A?

Nope
Inform your research department that Haywood took Belfry to back to back title games in his 2nd and 3rd years at BHS.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next