Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAL 34 Mayfield 26 (2A State Championship)
Final
Another great game between 2 great programs.

Probably the 1st time I've ever been glad too see a Louisville High school win a state championship game.
Wow! Another instant classic! This years games have been legendary so far.
Congrats to CAL!
Congratulations to CAL on the Class AA State Title. Great Game! :1:
3 great games.. so far the best finals in 25 years.
Congrats to the Centurions.
And to Mayfield for another great season. They'll be back no doubt.
PHSFAN Wrote:Another great game between 2 great programs.

Probably the 1st time I've ever been glad too see a Louisville High school win a state championship game.
Same here. Way to go Centurions!
BoondockSaint Wrote:West 3 - East 0

How is Mayfield not the West team...about as far west as you can go in KY.

Mayfield in the East? :insane::
Congratulations to the Centurions.. Outstanding team. Mayfield fought hard all the way and gave themselves a chance, but, just came up a little short. Outstanding game.

That doesn’t make sense
PHSFAN Wrote:How is Mayfield not the West team...about as far west as you can go in KY.

Yeah man, you’re right. I thought with the bracketing CAL was in the west but I had a brain fart.

I guess the west won on this one no matter the victor lol

Well....yes west is 3-0. Well, actually Northern n Ky is 1-0 and Louisville is 2-0.
Another great recruiting class CAL. Congratulations. Great season cards. Maybe one day the public schools can either recruit with these private schools or they will put them in their own playoff. Either way hats off to CAL.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well....yes west is 3-0. Well, actually Northern n Ky is 1-0 and Louisville is 2-0.

Hopefully Johnson Central can get the East a win today. Let's go Eagles!
Congrats to CAL. They are a beast. Very impressed with their lines, and Milton Wright usually gets all the headlines very good player, but they had more than just him. The rb babin is a stud, and just a sophomore. CAL was the better team, but no reason to hang your heads Mayfield great season. Proud of the effort, and they showed they wouldn't quit even when it looked like it would be a blowout. 3a take notice CAL will be in the mix. Mayfield come back work hard, and get it next year.
Huge congrats to CAL, the best in 2A by a decent margin
MVP, Babin, was well deserved. That kid was as hard-nosed a runner as I've seen, just couldn't bring him down on 1st contact and he has excellent vision, as well. Just a sophomore, too.. WOW.. He's going to be a stud the next 2 years, already is.

3A better look out next year because they're loaded with Jr's this year. Personally, I'm glad they're moving up. Mayfield has a nice nucleus returning, as well, namely Stinson, who, I thought played great today. He really impressed me. Plus, they have a lot of young talent coming up, so, they'll be right back in the thick of things again next year.

This was definitely the best 2 teams in 2A this year and the way it should be, playing for all the marbles.
Congrats to CAL. CAL’s offense was on point today. Great play calling with execution. Mayfield had their chances. Great game! Proud of my Cardinals
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Another great recruiting class CAL. Congratulations. Great season cards. Maybe one day the public schools can either recruit with these private schools or they will put them in their own playoff. Either way hats off to CAL.

:lame:
CNN reporting that it's Trump's fault that the KHSAA placed Mayfield in the East :HitWall:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Congrats to CAL. They are a beast. Very impressed with their lines, and Milton Wright usually gets all the headlines very good player, but they had more than just him. The rb babin is a stud, and just a sophomore. CAL was the better team, but no reason to hang your heads Mayfield great season. Proud of the effort, and they showed they wouldn't quit even when it looked like it would be a blowout. 3a take notice CAL will be in the mix. Mayfield come back work hard, and get it next year.

In my opinion they will be the favorite in 3A.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Huge congrats to CAL, the best in 2A by a decent margin

You and the other Mayfield poster above are two of the best. classy.
N Ky will bring 2nd home tomorrow
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Huge congrats to CAL, the best in 2A by a decent margin

No doubt they where the best. Felt like they where going to run away with it after a few series, I agree there was a gap between them, and the rest of 2a as well. I was worried going in especially after the 2nd time they handled Desales with ease. Mayfield did good, and hung in there.
BTW the Refs did a good job today. Called the fouls that needed to be called.
BoondockSaint Wrote:In my opinion they will be the favorite in 3A.

3a can have them lol.
killbilly usmc Wrote:3a can have them lol.

Lol