Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 85- Ballard 57.
nm.
Wonder if people think the sky is falling for Ballard right now too? Lol
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Wonder if people think the sky is falling for Ballard right now too? Lol

If Scott County rolls through the regular season like this, so much for parity. They did that last year, however, and still lost to CovCath.

SL looked good tonight. 10-11 point win over an athletic Athens Prep. Cromer led the way with 33
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Wonder if people think the sky is falling for Ballard right now too? Lol

In the middle the 3rd quarter Coach Renner of Ballard looked at the Scott County bench and said "hey coach", then threw a white towel out on the floor. Renner and Hicks are very close friends.

Hicks comment after the game was, "I never expected in a
million years to beat Ballard with a running clock."
So does this mean Ballard wouldn't be a top 5 team in the 13th region?
Leonards_loser Wrote:So does this mean Ballard wouldn't be a top 5 team in the 13th region?

Haha, yep, I made a ridiculous comment that was made off the cuff. Guess I’ll eat crow until March.
Scott County is just a lot better than everyone right now, and can score from all 5 spots on the floor. Plenty of teams will catch up by seasons end and possibly upset Scott County, but they will have to have a off night I believe. Scott county's biggest problem, is that they'll easily walk through what is a down year in the 11th, and may play a hot team in the tournament they're not ready for.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Scott County is just a lot better than everyone right now, and can score from all 5 spots on the floor. Plenty of teams will catch up by seasons end and possibly upset Scott County, but they will have to have a off night I believe. Scott county's biggest problem, is that they'll easily walk through what is a down year in the 11th, and may play a hot team in the tournament they're not ready for.

Lexington Christian may be their biggest challenge in the 11th. Kyle Rode is a heck of a player.

The thing that has really surprised me the first two games is Scott County's bench play. I was concerned with their depth before the season began. They have three players on the bench that can really play.

Today will be a major test for Scott. After the game last night they had to ride all the way to Marshall County for a noon tip-off against one of the top teams in the country today.
rojas Wrote:Lexington Christian may be their biggest challenge in the 11th. Kyle Rode is a heck of a player.

The thing that has really surprised me the first two games is Scott County's bench play. I was concerned with their depth before the season began. They have three players on the bench that can really play.

Today will be a major test for Scott. After the game last night they had to ride all the way to Marshall County for a noon tip-off against one of the top teams in the country today.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they don't lose today. Bad enough playing that good of a team, but doing it after driving straight up that way after a game the nigh tbefore is brutal. But Scott County will beat LCA worse than they did South or Ballard imo. LCA just isn't much this year. They lost a ton from last year, and Scott County has the ability to make Rhode a non factor. I may be wrong, but I don't see LCA keeping it within 20 if they played 10 times. Looks like Lafayette may be the only chance at a good game.
Didn’t see Lafayette beating Madison Central the way they did. I saw Isaiah Cozart last season when MC traveled to SL. Legit big guy, needs to polish his offensive game though. But impressive rebounder and defender if I recall
Scott County is going to hammer a lot of teams this year