•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 20. Corbin 19
Congratulations Central. I believe Corbin's decision making was IMO questionable down the stretch.
I was listening on the radio. And the announcers said the ball was kicked short and was just laying there. Couldn't a corbin player pick that ball up and run it in?
Estep's throw on the run for a TD to the freshman receiver was a thing of beauty!
MountainSports Wrote:I was listening on the radio. And the announcers said the ball was kicked short and was just laying there. Couldn't a corbin player pick that ball up and run it in?

No. Once the ball crosses the line of scrimmage it’s like a punt. The other team has to touch it first.
Granny Bear Wrote:If that two point conversion had worked you all would be singing Haddix's praises.

It's the state title game! No guts; no glory! I would've went for two every day and twice on Sunday.

Congratulations to Louisville Central on their win. And congratulations to the Corbin Redhounds on their season.

Estep is a phenomenal QB!!! Good luck to him!!

Have to disagree with you here Granny. "No guts no glory", what's that get you? If they'd got it I still would have said a risky call. I could see this call maybe midseason but not in the championship game. Terrible call and not one a seasoned coach should ever make.
I agree with Granny Bear. Go for it.
Another play that stands out is the No call on the Central player who just tackles the Corbin receiver on a pass because he was beat. Horrible no call.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Imagine being 64sur.
Switches favorite team every few years.
Said team loses title game

Rinse wash repeat Confusednicker:

But on the flipside, if you want your team to be the 2nd best team in the state, just get 64sur to start rooting for them!
Congratulations Central on your Championship, and Corbin on a great season.
Tough loss for Corbin. I really thought they'd win it. Then again, I thought we'd beat them the previous week.

Lol

Sorry to my Corbin buddies. See ya next year at Rebel Stadium for the Regional Final. #unfinishedbusiness
Im curious what percentage of centrals offensive plays were the QB taking two steps back then finding a hole. They had to run that play at least 25 to 30 times
I'm usually the first to defend Haddix but WHAT THE? Does Corbin not have a halfback middle screen or a slant in the playbook? And I love devyn Sams but running him up the middle on every first down is just giving away a free play every series. That's not how to use him. Hell they ran him up the middle on first and second down in a drive in the 2nd quarter. Play calling was mind boggling.
Westside Wrote:I agree with Granny Bear. Go for it.

And that's fine to ol buddy. Even if everybody disagrees with me I'll still love all you guys. Lol! Just my opinion. And I swear I don't think nothing would change it. Haddix is an awesome young coach, without a doubt, but I truly believe he blew it tonight.
RoShamBo Wrote:But on the flipside, if you want your team to be the 2nd best team in the state, just get 64sur to start rooting for them!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:If that two point conversion had worked you all would be singing Haddix's praises.

It's the state title game! No guts; no glory! I would've went for two every day and twice on Sunday.

Congratulations to Louisville Central on their win. And congratulations to the Corbin Redhounds on their season.

Estep is a phenomenal QB!!! Good luck to him!!

Winning and/or putting your team in the best position to win is the right call. It is situational, and I’ll give him that. Had there been more time on the clock it wouldn’t have been nearly as detrimental. And I’m sure all the coaches who don’t have to sign their name on the dotted line we’re telling him to go for it. Sometimes you have to tell those guys to simmer down.
Corbin news paper headline

Haddix costs Redhounds state title, then resigns to take Whitley County job!

:popcorn:

64sur replaces pjdougie as number #1 fan

Just kidding tough loss for the Hounds . I was rooting for you.
HOFER Wrote:I'm usually the first to defend Haddix but WHAT THE? Does Corbin not have a halfback middle screen or a slant in the playbook? And I love devyn Sams but running him up the middle on every first down is just giving away a free play every series. That's not how to use him. Hell they ran him up the middle on first and second down in a drive in the 2nd quarter. Play calling was mind boggling.

Corbin tried to slow the game down.
They were more worried about centrals speed and big play capabilities than doing what got them there in the first place.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Winning and/or putting your team in the best position to win is the right call. It is situational, and I’ll give him that. Had there been more time on the clock it wouldn’t have been nearly as detrimental. And I’m sure all the coaches who don’t have to sign their name on the dotted line we’re telling him to go for it. Sometimes you have to tell those guys to simmer down.

Absolutely
#55PirateFan Wrote:Have to disagree with you here Granny. "No guts no glory", what's that get you? If they'd got it I still would have said a risky call. I could see this call maybe midseason but not in the championship game. Terrible call and not one a seasoned coach should ever make.
I agree we should play to win. But it's gotta be the whole game. We could pass all over this team with slants, outs, stops, comebacks. First half we didn't play to win at all. Not at all. Open up the playbook it's the state championship. Too afraid they were gonna get interceptions I guess.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Corbin news paper headline

I'm not sure how you become the most hated man in corbin but my guess is doing that would be a great start
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Imagine being 64sur.
Switches favorite team every few years.
Said team loses title game

Rinse wash repeat Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Rainingthrees Wrote:Corbin news paper headline

To early dude! Lol
MountainSports Wrote:I was listening on the radio. And the announcers said the ball was kicked short and was just laying there. Couldn't a corbin player pick that ball up and run it in?

You cant advance a kick
Corbin is the buffalo bills of high school football
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin tried to slow the game down.
They were more worried about centrals speed and big play capabilities than doing what got them there in the first place.

Yep. 100% agree.
#55PirateFan Wrote:To me, Haddix makes two bad special teams calls late. I would have tied the game. With Corbins defense, going for two never crosses my mind. Lastly, with 4 seconds to go, my stud QB has the ball not a kicker. I really like Haddix and I love Corbin football but this lose is absolutely on the Head Coach. That's just my two cents from my recliner. Others may think differently.

that is way you are not a head coach. that 2point should have never happen. Corbin should have been up by 2 plus TDS at halftime. this lose fall on the player. the coaches can't played the game for them.
I dont have a dog in the fight but I listened to the entire game and Corbin's play calling was very suspect tonight. When you get inside the 10 yd line and leave points on the field on multiple occasions there is really no excuse for that. There only so many times you can run your QB, get the ball out of his hands use his arm throw quick hitting plays that allow him to use the people around him. No excuse for laying an offensive egg when you move the ball as well as they did and leave points on the field.
cj2561 Wrote:that is way you are not a head coach. that 2point should have never happen. Corbin should have been up by 2 plus TDS at halftime. this lose fall on the player. the coaches can't played the game for them.

Ok, blame the kids. And "Why" I'm not the head coach is what your post should read. And they weren't up by 2 plus TD's which makes it more questionable. SMH
cj2561 Wrote:that is way you are not a head coach. that 2point should have never happen. Corbin should have been up by 2 plus TDS at halftime. this lose fall on the player. the coaches can't played the game for them.
Yea should have been up at least 2 at the half. Sh*t the bed.
The question is would they run him out of town for this loss? I know they won’t but come on., If there was less than a minutes left I’d say go for 2.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next