Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County 73 Ashland 71
Final
Ashland was without Cole Villers who is out with an injury.
Congrats to Lewis County.
Villers is out till mid January. Your point?
My point is Ashland probably wins the game with Villers and that he will make Ashland a better team when he returns.
Have to think this will give Lewis some what of a boost come tourny time. Watch out for them to be a sneaky team come February. Not saying they win the region but given the right draw they could shake some things up.
Villers or no Villers, this was a very embarrassing loss for a coach in his first high school game ever replacing a guy who was run out of the job last season. Mr. March from Lewis took him to school in November.

In my opinion, Ashland has the talent to be a top tier team in the region. Robinson is as good an athlete as anyone. Bradley is as good a shooter as anyone. Bryant is 6-6 275 and should dominate the post in the region. They also have some decent pieces around those guys in Hudson, and Mays. Sellars and Villers are 2 promising younger players. Thing is, they had all these same guys last year, too, including the younger and older Villers along with Brandt. The coach last year couldn't get it right either.

Ashland either appears to have problems selecting basketball coaches or maybe this group of players has some sort of behind the scenes problems that just can't be overcome. As an outsider having seen them play a few times last year, they have the talent to get it done in my opinion. Listening to the Ashland radio broadcast last night, the seat is going to get hot for the new coach before he knows it.
Robinson is a very good player. Watched him this spring and summer and the kid can flat out ball when he wants.
I also listened to the Ashland broadcast as well last night.If they would do an Ashland alum like that, they will get rid of Mays as well if he doesn't have a good record every year and win a region title soon. I have to agree with nekysportsfan, Bryant should dominate in the post as big and tall as he is. I'd bet had Jeremy Howell won the region title last season he would be still coaching Ashland today.