Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graves County Lance Gregory steps down.
From Westkentuckystar.com

Gregory Steps Down as Graves Football Coach
By West Kentucky Star Staff
GRAVES COUNTY - For the first time in a decade, Graves County High School is searching for a football coach. Lance Gregory announced on Monday that he was resigning after 10 seasons as the Eagles coach.

Gregory recently took a job as ISD Coordinator and Athletic Director at Graves County Middle School, and said the time was right to step down.

"After a lot of thought and prayer I feel that stepping down as the head football coach is the right decision for my family and this football program," Gregory said.
Graves plans to conduct a National search for a new skipper
Maybe one of Whitley's rejects would consider Graves job.
I bet Mike Rogers makes another run at the job where he first began...he still lives in the area, he coaches at Mayfield.
Bub Lewis Wrote:I bet Mike Rogers makes another run at the job where he first began...he still lives in the area, he coaches at Mayfield.

I bet he don’t.
Bub Lewis Wrote:I bet Mike Rogers makes another run at the job where he first began...he still lives in the area, he coaches at Mayfield.

mysonis55 Wrote:I bet he don’t.

Hell would freeze over before Mike would go back
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Hell would freeze over before Mike would go back
Not saying I don't believe you...but why do you say that?
Negative on Mike, he has a taste of being an assistant on Mayfield’s squad and to most that is better than being a head coach at most places, not that he has to tell me I asked him this morning and he told me “It’s not going to happen “
Mike Rogers' son plays at Mayfield and I believe he's pretty happy as well.
E's Army Wrote:Maybe one of Whitley's rejects would consider Graves job.

:lame:
The hubris of the mighty GC Nation probably expects Nick Saban & Sean McVay to apply for the position.

Regardless who they get, he will be the second best coach in the county coaching the second best team in the county.
Lot of Mf fans trolling this thread. Typical.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Lot of Mf fans trolling this thread. Typical.

As we would be expected to do with Graves in same town and certainly considering that they might approach some of our coaches. Makes for message board talk
:lame:
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Lot of Mf fans trolling this thread. Typical.

That’s a pretty ignorant comment.
Bub Lewis Wrote:Not saying I don't believe you...but why do you say that?

My comment was simply a biased statement because I don't want to lose Mike. I do think he would be a great hire. He was already a expert on the wing T and after having spent the last 2 years on the MF staff he has learned alot about our offense making him a even better coach
No it's not. It's another example of a few Mf fans making everything about them.
Whoever takes that job is never the head coach. It's always the parents. That's why that program is as successful as it could be. You telling me out of all those kids that cant compete for a title every year?
Ghostofjoey Wrote:No it's not. It's another example of a few Mf fans making everything about them.

Joey Joey Joey......shutup
Guys lets keep it civil.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:No it's not. It's another example of a few Mf fans making everything about them.

:moon:

:biglmao: so,, if mayfield fans comment ( on a message board) on a thread that’s not about mayfield, THATS TROLLING?
21 posts on here. 13 are by confirmed Mf homers. The facts speak for themselves.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:21 posts on here. 13 are by confirmed Mf homers. The facts speak for themselves.

Yet YOU seem to be in every Mayfield thread. I wonder who is the troll?
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Yet YOU seem to be in every Mayfield thread. I wonder who is the troll?

He makes a pretty good point Joey
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Yet YOU seem to be in every Mayfield thread. I wonder who is the troll?

Confusednicker:
But that's not true. Go look thru all the Mf threads. I don't comment on them all. Only when I detect gross ignorance. (insert emoji intended to try to make fun of some one here)
Ghostofjoey Wrote:But that's not true. Go look thru all the Mf threads. I don't comment on them all. Only when I detect gross ignorance. (insert emoji intended to try to make fun of some one here)

I agree...you know ignorance
Can we go back to the thread topic?

Who is a front runner for this position? Do you think they will look for someone outside the area? Or keep it internal?
its now 20 out of 28
I think this may prove to be a bit of a hot job opportunity. I say that because there has been some recent success and they were trending in the right direction. Plus BG and Christian Co appear to be down a bit. Someone will see this as an opportunity to make a name for themselves.