Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs CAL in 2A Championship
Two teams that come in at 14-0.. Both teams are ranked #1 or 2, depending on which poll you look at. Both have been dominant all year. Both teams have a lot of star power and playmakers. Both teams are well coached and most importantly, both teams fully expect to win. These 2 teams have met the last 2 years, splitting the 2 games with Mayfield winning in 2017 and CAL taking it in 2016. With CAL moving to 3a next year, this one will be the rubber match. The Cardinals are the highest scoring team in the state, while the Centurions have the highest margin of victory. Overall, two very evenly matched teams laying it on the line and going at it for all the marbles. Should be a classic.

Who you got?
Mayfield/. 21-14
rookie57 Wrote:Mayfield/. 21-14
We will take that score...sure hope you are right
24-15 Mayfield
Mayfield 35
CAL 21
Mayfield 35-14
Is NFHS broadcasting all the championship games?
I’m sure they will be.
31-24 Cardinals
Louisville Teams usually have speed on their side when facing opposing teams. Not this time. Mayfield is a Legit team! DE, LB, RB, WR are as good as I’ve seen.
28-21 cardinals
bcpc Wrote:Louisville Teams usually have speed on their side when facing opposing teams. Not this time. Mayfield is a Legit team! DE, LB, RB, WR are as good as I’ve seen.
28-21 cardinals

QB ain’t bad either, top QB in 2A
I highly doubt that Mayfield has seen a defense as good as they'll see next Saturday, but, I also highly doubt that CAL has seen as potent an offense as they'll see. I envision a feeling out, high emotion early start then both teams settling in and doing what they've done all year that got them there. This game has the potential to be an all time classic and I truly feel it's as close to a toss up as you could get. Will likely come down to who commits the fewest turnovers and penalties. and wins the field position battle.
rookie57 Wrote:QB ain’t bad either, top QB in 2A

Both of them are pretty dusty.
bcpc Wrote:Louisville Teams usually have speed on their side when facing opposing teams. Not this time. Mayfield is a Legit team! DE, LB, RB, WR are as good as I’ve seen.
28-21 cardinals

The linebackers might be the worst group Mayfield has had in a while.
Give me Mayfield 38 to 21
I can’t name a winner or a score on this one but pulling for the Cardinals
IMTU is analyzing this one, might overload the cpu!
IMTU has Mayfield by 5 1/2 points. I just read the breakdown.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Both of them are pretty dusty.

Dusty?
Can’t even compliment mayfield.....
Mayfield's offense 673 points vs CAL defense 90 points given up.
In the last two games against CAL, I thought Milton Wright was under used and last year Mayfield shut him down. Question is whether CAL will utilize him more. I can see Mayfield getting pressure on CAL’s qb. The key is whether or not CAL can get their running game going.

As far as CAL’s defensive I sure hope they are in shape if they plan to stay with Mayfield in 4 quarters. Those big boys could be sucking air at games end.
Mayfield 28-10
bcpc Wrote:Can’t even compliment mayfield.....

?
I have the Cardinals and may change my score later after more research but here is what i have so far. Opponents record for each Cal opponents are 86-82 and Mayfield opponents are 99-72. So Cardinals on paper have played better teams. Also Mayfield has 1 opponent that is still playing and its for the 3A title. CAL gave up nearly 400 yards total offense Friday night and was aided by at least 1 unforced error on mis hand off exchange. All things being equal on turnovers and penalties, I take Cardinals by 2+TDs. Weather could change predictions as well will factor this in as gets closer to game time and forecast become more accurate.
WestRedWings Wrote:I have the Cardinals and may change my score later after more research but here is what i have so far. Opponents record for each Cal opponents are 86-82 and Mayfield opponents are 99-72. So Cardinals on paper have played better teams. Also Mayfield has 1 opponent that is still playing and its for the 3A title. CAL gave up nearly 400 yards total offense Friday night and was aided by at least 1 unforced error on mis hand off exchange. All things being equal on turnovers and penalties, I take Cardinals by 2+TDs. Weather could change predictions as well will factor this in as gets closer to game time and forecast become more accurate.

I know there is at least th chance of rain next Saturday, but it could end up being later in the day.

And maybe it's me, but personally I'm glad Mayfield got another game on turf, especially just ahead of next week. So for that reason, and pretty much only that reason, I'm glad Mayfield made the trip to Walton Verona
What was meant by the dusty comment anyone? That one threw me!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:What was meant by the dusty comment anyone? That one threw me!

good question.
Mayfield has kicked my ass so many times it don’t even hurt anymore :truestory:

Mayfield 42
CAL 21
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield has kicked my ass so many times it don’t even hurt anymore :truestory:

Mayfield 42
CAL 21

I believe this series is one and one, with the only ass-kicking going the other way.
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield has kicked my ass so many times it don’t even hurt anymore :truestory:

Mayfield 42
CAL 21
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker: