Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
13.64%
Pikeville
86.36%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/23
Patriot1 Wrote:Ok Raceland and Pikeville posters this has been a respectful thread and it should be because these two teams deserve it. Now a question that is purely opinion if you guys could take away 1 aspect of your opponents game what would it be? I think I would like to shut down Raceland’s running agame and make them have to threw in other words make them have 3rd and10s or longer now like I said this probably won’t happen but just what I think would help Pikeville. The Rams passing game is very good but I think when you know it’s coming gives the other team the edge. Now I know this is a hypothetical and just trying to see some view points that are different than mine and get some respectful talk on this thread but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Have to break my silence here. I agree, Patriot. If there was an aspect of the Raceland game I could take away, the run game would be it. For the very reasons you listed. Good analysis.
That’s what every team tries to do to each other every week or at least I would think so , take one part of their game away making them one dimensional , I think Raceland needs to keep the QB in the pocket not allow him to use his legs to make first downs and if he beats you with his arm shake his hand and cheer them on next week
I keep reading last year was Pikeville's year and they were supposed to win last year also but I don't view Raceland beating Pikeville last Thanksgiving as an upset...I personally did it take think Pikeville would win at Hazard in the playoffs to even advance to play Raceland.

As far as this season, Raceland has a great program and winning at Somerset earlier in the season was impressive and if they can win at Somerset they can win at Pikeville if they bring their A game. I think Pikeville pulls away in the 2nd half, Pikeville 34 Raceland 22
PHSFAN Wrote:I keep reading last year was Pikeville's year and they were supposed to win last year also but I don't view Raceland beating Pikeville last Thanksgiving as an upset...I personally did it take think Pikeville would win at Hazard in the playoffs to even advance to play Raceland.

As far as this season, Raceland has a great program and winning at Somerset earlier in the season was impressive and if they can win at Somerset they can win at Pikeville if they bring their A game. I think Pikeville pulls away in the 2nd half, Pikeville 34 Raceland 22

I agree with this. I think both "favorites" lost in the regional finals last year. Pikeville was ahead of schedule last year and Raceland beat Paintsville at Paintsville after losing in the regular season and they were down I believe 32-0.
Who was down 32-0 ?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Who was down 32-0 ?

I honestly get confused on the years but wasn't Paintsville up A Lot last year (regular season)
I would take away Racelands offensive line. Tough to run 6 on 11. But with Racelands speed that would even the paying field. Rams by only 10.5 billion. Haha. Sorry had to.
Seriously good luck to both teams and Safe travels to Raceland players, family and fans. Happy Thanksgiving to BGR!!! Both teams are more than capable of winning Fri night, both have great players, both have great coaches and both have great fan bases. It should be what everyone expects, a helluva game. I wouldn't expect anything less from two teams willing to sell their soul to play the following Fri also.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Who was down 32-0 ?

I just checked Paintsville was up 32-0 going into the 4th last.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Hey Panthers, Greatest Show on Turf rollin in Fri, better attach your jet boosters now.

In all seriousness, its all good. Nut is just what we like to call a one-upper. Is that the same money you were betting around on the Greenup thread that you lost and never paid?:biglmao:
In his defense, he ran his mouth for days about the gc coach leaving but when called out, wouldnt put his money where his fat mouth was. So the only thing lost was any smidgen of credibility he had left.
Is it Friday yet? This is going to be a good game and it should be. The games they have played each other in the last few years has been good as advertised. This year will not be any different. Pikeville will be ready and is very much so looking forward to this game. The players are focused and are looking forward to this rematch from last year. It will be a good game if not a lot of turnovers, that will be what makes biggest difference. Each possession will mean a lot. I don't think there will be many.
Also Pikeville has to be careful vs Raceland's trick plays, seams like every year they play just at the right moment Raceland has big gain or TD on the double reverse pass.
Just love high school football on Thanksgiving week. Love being one of the few teams sill practicing. Looking forward to packed house Friday.
2000PHS Wrote:David Jones from Belfry is the only true sub 4.5 high school player I have seen from our area.

I saw Jonathan Chapman, RB for Breathitt County(95-97) and Pikeville(98) run a 4.44 before his senior season at a camp at UK. He landed a full scholarship offer from the Cats, before the camp, and eventually signed with UK but only played 1 season in Lexington.
Let’s hope the game between these 2 quality programs is played clean and without injury.
Defense travels and the Rams better pack a bus if it. If the ground game can get going or short passes to SLOWLY move the chains and eat clock would be idea for the Rams to keep Pikevilke off the field and the defense not tire and be ready in crunch. Raceland will use trickery when warranted.
In my heart I want the Rams to win, but if I’m guessing I would say
Pikeville - 42
Rams -28
I will be suprised if either team breaks 35 points. Both defenses fly to the football and like I've said before, this game is no consolation match up. Rams have been road warriors this year and are 13 points away from being undefeated at this point. Rams have played in some tight ball games the last couple weeks and in the end of the regular season as well. If the Rams keep it close, I like our chances late in the game. Which is not something I have said in years past. Pikeville SHOULD be the favorite and tbh, probably SHOULD win this game. But my gut is telling me other wise. I'm one of the most level headed Ram fans you will meet. Hell my own ram brethren have called me out a time or 2. But my gut is telling me the Rams are goina pull this one off. Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys. Really enjoyed this thread. No BS except the BS kind lol. Let's go eat some turkey and as the old timer coach used to say and it still echoes throughout ramland. YOU GOTTA WANT IT GENTLEMAN!!!!

Rams 28
Pikeville 21

Yall bring ur cowbells, we will bring our train whistle and let's have a good ol goodin'!!!
The more film I watch and the more practices I attend the more excited for Friday night I get!

Shout out to the Schmidt Family who owns several Bdubs who fed both teams this week! To have the large party room full of players, coaches, dance team and cheerleaders was really cool. I am still bloated. LOL
Pikeville +14
sidelinedoc Wrote:The more film I watch and the more practices I attend the more excited for Friday night I get!

Shout out to the Schmidt Family who owns several Bdubs who fed both teams this week! To have the large party room full of players, coaches, dance team and cheerleaders was really cool. I am still bloated. LOL

What was ur excuse before the meal?lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What was ur excuse before the meal?lol

That I love food way too much! LOL
I don't see how Raceland fans are thinking Raceland puts 28 on the board after scoring a grand total of 37 combined the last 4 games against good Class A teams. Heck, scored 2 TDs total against Paintsville in 2 games, one on a busted play where the QB looked to be sacked and the other on a reverse. Raceland didn't score 28 points in 7 of their 12 games this year, and Pikeville is better than all those teams. Here's a stat for you: 2 games against Paintsville last year, 2 against Paintsville this year, the Pikeville and Beechwood games last year, 6 games total: Raceland 208 carries for 496 yards. That's less than 2.4 yards/carry against good Class A competition. And they aren't going to have much success throwing the ball against Pikeville.

I don't think Raceland puts 28 up against Pikeville if they play all night Friday straight through until dark on Saturday. Raceland will try to shorten the game getting 3 yards per play and moving the sticks, mixing in a few passes and a gadget play or two. If they can keep Pikeville offense off the field they may keep it close and even have a shot to win but if Pikeville gets up by more than 1 TD look out...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will check back in after hurting myself with food and a long nap tomorrow lol.
Coupon21 Wrote:In his defense, he ran his mouth for days about the gc coach leaving but when called out, wouldnt put his money where his fat mouth was. So the only thing lost was any smidgen of credibility he had left.

Hey look its coupon , how about my prediction of 5-5 and first round loss in the playoffs for the greatest 7 on 7 team in the world
One more quick thing. Calpreps thinks this Pikeville team is 3TDs better than last year.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Pikeville (KY) 35, [2017] Pikeville (KY) 17

Combine that with flipping home field from Raceland to Pikeville and Raceland will have to play championship-caliber football to have a shot.
jetpilot Wrote:I don't see how Raceland fans are thinking Raceland puts 28 on the board after scoring a grand total of 37 combined the last 4 games against good Class A teams. Heck, scored 2 TDs total against Paintsville in 2 games, one on a busted play where the QB looked to be sacked and the other on a reverse. Raceland didn't score 28 points in 7 of their 12 games this year, and Pikeville is better than all those teams. Here's a stat for you: 2 games against Paintsville last year, 2 against Paintsville this year, the Pikeville and Beechwood games last year, 6 games total: Raceland 208 carries for 496 yards. That's less than 2.4 yards/carry against good Class A competition. And they aren't going to have much success throwing the ball against Pikeville.

I don't think Raceland puts 28 up against Pikeville if they play all night Friday straight through until dark on Saturday. Raceland will try to shorten the game getting 3 yards per play and moving the sticks, mixing in a few passes and a gadget play or two. If they can keep Pikeville offense off the field they may keep it close and even have a shot to win but if Pikeville gets up by more than 1 TD look out...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will check back in after hurting myself with food and a long nap tomorrow lol.

As you watch the game Friday night and you keep saying to yourself we better put Raceland away before they think they can win it will be to late, they think they can win now and a ugly game like that is just how they want it ...
anotherfootballnut Wrote:As you watch the game Friday night and you keep saying to yourself we better put Raceland away before they think they can win it will be to late, they think they can win now and a ugly game like that is just how they want it ...

That's what I said. I would like to see Pikeville take over the game early and they are certainly capable of doing it.
Just want to say good luck to both teams. I am hoping for an injury free game first and foremost. Regardless of who wins, please send Beechwood out of Class A on a sour note. This Paintsville fan will be cheering for whoever wins this one.
2000PHS Wrote:Just want to say good luck to both teams. I am hoping for an injury free game first and foremost. Regardless of who wins, please send Beechwood out of Class A on a sour note. This Paintsville fan will be cheering for whoever wins this one.
I just can’t keep away today. Excitement is too much. I think we can all agree, we want East side to send Beechwood to 2A with a runner up trophy. But first, a little live action at Hambley on Hillard Howard Field this Friday!
Jet makes a good point about defense. I don’t care though, if we win by 1 or 100. Just win, baby! Go Panthers!
PHSForever Wrote:I just can’t keep away today. Excitement is too much. I think we can all agree, we want East side to send Beechwood to 2A with a runner up trophy. But first, a little live action at Hambley on Hillard Howard Field this Friday!

Lol Might as well hang around with us til game time Friday, PHS. Beechwood fans think they got this, and let's be honest,they've got a great team, but either one of two from the East has something to say about the outcome at Kroger field. We all know whoever faces them has a uphill battle, but we also know they're not unbeatable. Back to Pikeville/Raceland. Either team will have to be at their best to win friday . Two great teams from the East, and only one will come out 2018 State semi final champs.We'll know for sure in roughly 22 hrs. Let's hope for a safe, injury free game, and GO PANTHERS !!!
PANTHERS - 38
RAMS - 12
If Raceland thinks they can hang with Pikeville they are surely mistaken. This Pikeville team is much stronger and faster than last years team. Frankly, I was surprised the Panthers got by Hazard last year....And then to have a shot at winning against Raceland on their home field! Trust me when I say this, Raceland has not faced a team this year with as much speed as Pikeville, that is including Ashland. Pikeville will definitely be ready for this one. I expect Raceland to be in shock by midway through the 2nd quarter. Game won’t even be close!
4everUK Wrote:If Raceland thinks they can hang with Pikeville they are surely mistaken. This Pikeville team is much stronger and faster than last years team. Frankly, I was surprised the Panthers got by Hazard last year....And then to have a shot at winning against Raceland on their home field! Trust me when I say this, Raceland has not faced a team this year with as much speed as Pikeville, that is including Ashland. Pikeville will definitely be ready for this one. I expect Raceland to be in shock by midway through the 2nd quarter. Game won’t even be close!

Now when you say speed do you mean over all team speed or individual players? Just asking cause I know for a fact Assland has two kids that will smoke any kid off of Pikevilles team....by a lot !! No joke the Pittman kid and I forget the receivers name...but both of those two kids are hands down faster then anybody on the field in this Friday’s game!
jetpilot Wrote:One more quick thing. Calpreps thinks this Pikeville team is 3TDs better than last year.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Pikeville (KY) 35, [2017] Pikeville (KY) 17

Combine that with flipping home field from Raceland to Pikeville and Raceland will have to play championship-caliber football to have a shot.

Ashland Daily Independent Newspaper Picks for Friday's game.
Pikeville rolls in this one!!! No one in east within 3 TD’s of Panthers!!!
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next