Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
13.64%
Pikeville
86.36%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/23
PHSForever Wrote:Not a prediction either way, just a look at the stats:

Raceland vs Paintsville game 1:

Raceland rushed for 146 yards vs Paintsvilles 117
Raceland passed for 42 yards vs Paintsvilles 154

Game 2:
Raceland rushed for 87 yard vs Paintsvilles 199
Raceland passed for 142 (54 on one play) vs 56 for Paintsville

Pikeville vs Paintsville:

Pikeville rushed for 266 vs Paintsvilles 182
Pikeville passed for 193 vs Paintsvilles 21.

I think, and this is just me spitballing here, Paintsville DID improve as the season went along. However, the rushing yards/defense look a little misleading due to Paintsvilles total inability to generate any offense through the air. They had to resort to QB keepers and tosses to McClurg, etc. Hyden had 27 rush for 98 yards, J. Allen had 9 for 37 yards, and McClurg had 12 for 31 yards. Completed 3 of 4 passes to account for their pass yards. Paintsville had a total of 58 rush plays with 3 players accounting for 48 of the carries.

So a lot needs to be taken into account by fans of both sides. Lots of times it is simply whatever you choose to give up. So if taking away the run, there's a tendency to yield more pass yards, and vice versa.

Either way it will be a great game between two outstanding teams.

Really like this breakdown from a statistical standpoint. I often write novels and breakdowns like this on here and get shade thrown my way by certain fan bases bc of it. I really respect the hell out of people who take time to look up the info and make these types of posts.

No matter the numbers though, I just dont see this game being a blow out in any direction. After Friday night, I thought Pikeville wins 35-14 as painful as it was for me to say that. But I'm realistic. But after watching some tape, I think this is goina be another tough battle between these two. The match ups are really interesting. But with all the skill, speed, and tallent that both squads have, height at WR and DB, this game comes back down to the big uglies upfront and which side can establish the run the most consistently. I think in games like this, you expect big numbers but it ends up coming down to consistency and poise. Pikevilles QB is what concerns me the most coming out of the backfield. His vision is remarkable. But Heighton has a way about him as of late that just makes me believe in our chances. So buckle up. We will bring our train siren and yall bring ur wives necklaces...I mean yalls cow bells, and we are all in for a helluva game.

Ps...
While I still feel Beechwood is on another level than both of these squads, I dont think there is any chance the championship game turns out like last years and will be competitive for 2-3 quarters at the very least. But that's for another days discussion.
Well poop no JP all week. That's no fun.:please: come back JP
I heard Racelands waterboy runs a 4.4
Pretty sure they have some relatives of Bill Brasky on that squad.:truestory:
I know bill brasky!!!
Micro-Brew Wrote:I heard Racelands waterboy runs a 4.4
Pretty sure they have some relatives of Bill Brasky on that squad.:truestory:

Not the water boy but a couple of receivers do
Hahahaha.....Right on cue.......Well with the fastest receivers in the state, and I’m betting there’s not many 4.4 kids in the state, then they should have no problem breaking free for multiple scores. The best line, the best coaches, the fastest kids, this is looking like a blowout......:popcorn:
^ You sippin’ on too much brew.
Panthers are Lexington bound.
pjdoug Wrote:Panthers are Lexington bound.

Dougie, I took a vote in my house and we have unanimously voted that your opinions are not wanted on this thread. Smile~
sidelinedoc Wrote:Dougie, I took a vote in my house and we have unanimously voted that your opinions are not wanted on this thread. Smile~

Now doc leave my buddy from Whitley County along he is along distance Panther fan. Did you get my pm?
Patriot1 Wrote:Now doc leave my buddy from Whitley County along he is along distance Panther fan. Did you get my pm?

Yes! Thanks and I responded. I’m just giving PJD a rough way to go. LOL
zebra'seyes Wrote:Officials are assigned from outside each teams region during playoffs. Usually a game like this gets a State Championship crew. Last years did.

True, and that makes sense too. The Pikeville / Williamsburg game had offficials from the Lexington area. Pretty good job, btw.
Speaking of officials. What ever happened to the 7 man crew?
sidelinedoc Wrote:Dougie, I took a vote in my house and we have unanimously voted that your opinions are not wanted on this thread. Smile~

You're outvoted :gtfo:
sidelinedoc Wrote:Yes! Thanks and I responded. I’m just giving PJD a rough way to go. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Speaking of officials. What ever happened to the 7 man crew?

Don't know Scotty, but almost certain Pikeville/Williamsburg game was officiated by a seven man crew. This, according to radio announcers. Agree, that's something we just don't hear of anymore.
if you play a team like Beechwood you just simply can not turn the ball over. You also have to capitalize on there mistakes. You can not afford 3 and out every time you go out. Raceland just didn’t have the quarterback to compete wound a Beechwood last year. It’s not a knock on the young man, but he needed about another year or 2 experience. Sometimes teams go down there and nothing goes there way. Hazard got drilled by Mayfield in 2010. I knew they where better than what they got beat by and knew they had shot the next year with all there talent they had returning. Heck even Mayfield the year before in 2009 got beat pretty bad. They also knew there team was better than the score indicated. No one give Hazard a chance in 2011 and you see what happen. Williamsburg come close to doing the same thing Hazard did but fell just short. I think any of the four teams last year had championship caliber defenses. I will not say any of the teams this year don’t have a chance because they sure do.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Speaking of officials. What ever happened to the 7 man crew?

Our game @ Paintsville last Friday had a 7 man crew from NKY.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Hahahaha.....Right on cue.......Well with the fastest receivers in the state, and I’m betting there’s not many 4.4 kids in the state, then they should have no problem breaking free for multiple scores. The best line, the best coaches, the fastest kids, this is looking like a blowout......:popcorn:

4.4 is pushing it but they are legit 4.5 both of them and your right they don’t have much problem pulling away . Ran back punts , multiple pick 6 , and plenty of 50 plus receptions
sidelinedoc Wrote:Our game @ Paintsville last Friday had a 7 man crew from NKY.

Maybe it just doesnt look as odd any more lol either that or I just dont pay enough attention. I know last year it seemed like there were as many officials as there were players on the field.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Maybe it just doesnt look as odd any more lol either that or I just dont pay enough attention. I know last year it seemed like there were as many officials as there were players on the field.
Still using 7 man crews. Seems like so far they have mostly let it be about the players and not themselves so here is hoping it stays the same. No real complaints about officiating so far this playoff season.
sidelinedoc Wrote:Our game @ Paintsville last Friday had a 7 man crew from NKY.

And a few of them will need Tommy John surgery for throwing too many pitches I mean flags last Friday. 😇
anotherfootballnut Wrote:4.4 is pushing it but they are legit 4.5 both of them and your right they don’t have much problem pulling away . Ran back punts , multiple pick 6 , and plenty of 50 plus receptions

Looking forward to watching this game. I don't think there are any Class A WR groups faster than Pikeville. I believe they are also their DB's. Interesting to see if Raceland is really this fast outside.
In all seriousness I hate the 7 man crew setup. Refs should not be noticed in the game and having 7 almost assures you that they will be noticed. Not saying they aren't doing their job correctly but I've noticed in other games this year it just kills the flow of them game.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:4.4 is pushing it but they are legit 4.5 both of them and your right they don’t have much problem pulling away . Ran back punts , multiple pick 6 , and plenty of 50 plus receptions

If Raceland has players that are knocking on the 4.4 door, then Raceland should hold a press conference at 8:00am and announce the firing of Mike as head coach. Then hold another one at noon just in case everyone didn't get to see the one at 8:00am. With multiple kids in the 4.5/4.4 range, Raceland should be lighting the scoreboard up against everyone on their schedule. EVERYONE.
2000PHS Wrote:If Raceland has players that are knocking on the 4.4 door, then Raceland should hold a press conference at 8:00am and announce the firing of Mike as head coach. Then hold another one at noon just in case everyone didn't get to see the one at 8:00am. With multiple kids in the 4.5/4.4 range, Raceland should be lighting the scoreboard up against everyone on their schedule. EVERYONE.

4.4 no way ...but they do have two kids that can fly! I agree with what your saying and I’m sure you can go back and read my posts! I don’t think Mike uses the speed on this team correctly.It would give the Rams a advantage in most games if he did! But I’m not a coach so you have to give him credit for the success that he’s had.For the record...Raceland has never had a 4.4 kid....ever
2000PHS Wrote:And a few of them will need Tommy John surgery for throwing too many pitches I mean flags last Friday. 😇
If they were from NKY, May have been one or two OH refs snuck in then. It RAINS yellow on Fridays up there
Micro-Brew Wrote:Hahahaha.....Right on cue.......Well with the fastest receivers in the state, and I’m betting there’s not many 4.4 kids in the state, then they should have no problem breaking free for multiple scores. The best line, the best coaches, the fastest kids, this is looking like a blowout......:popcorn:

We do not have 4.4 speed but our 2 outside receivers are fast. 1 has placed in the 200 and 400 at the state track meet and the other hasn't ran track but is as fast as the other, if not faster. I can't speak for the best coaches or players but I do know we have the BEST looking and overall best doctor on the sidelines...….Confusedinglepar
RAMDAD50 Wrote:4.4 no way ...but they do have two kids that can fly! I agree with what your saying and I’m sure you can go back and read my posts! I don’t think Mike uses the speed on this team correctly.It would give the Rams a advantage in most games if he did! But I’m not a coach so you have to give him credit for the success that he’s had.For the record...Raceland has never had a 4.4 kid....ever
Your wrong
Before my time around Raceland apparently there was a kid who now coaches track frisbee or something like that said he was that fast or faster
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next