Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
13.64%
Pikeville
86.36%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/23
Fwiw...William's burnt us for 60 somethin yards on one play for their loan TD. He also had another run of 20 or so. He finished with 153 but had I believe 114 at the half. So he went for around 40 in the second half. This game really boils down to Racelands offense vs Pikevilles defense. I think our defense will do enough to put us in position to win. Question is, will our offense be able to put drives together and keep the defense from being on the field all night.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Fwiw...William's burnt us for 60 somethin yards on one play for their loan TD. He also had another run of 20 or so. He finished with 153 but had I believe 114 at the half. So he went for around 40 in the second half. This game really boils down to Racelands offense vs Pikevilles defense. I think our defense will do enough to put us in position to win. Question is, will our offense be able to put drives together and keep the defense from being on the field all night.

I agree with you Scotty on one part of this about your offense against Pikeville’s defense to keep Pikeville’s offense off the field with long drives. Now I would also say the same about your defense against Pikeville’s offense. But with your statement you seem to be saying they will stop Pikeville’s offense and it may very well happen but I think this game comes down to penalties and mistakes (mental and physical). I just see it as a hard hitting physical game and who wants it the most. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I dont think anyone can completely "stop" the pikeville offense. I do however, believe we will be able to keep them in check, as long as the Ram offense can be successful. This game, Imo, can likely be alot like last years match to with more scoring. In recent history, these two programs have played in tight games decided by field goals, OT wins, etc. I think Pikeville thumped us at their place in the playoffs one year and we thumped them in the regular season the following year, other than that. It's been a battle each time they step on the field. This game wont be any different in my opinion.
If Pikeville goes into Friday night looking ahead to a possible Beechwood matchup instead of looking at what's in front of them then theyll be very heartbroken Saturday morning because Raceland has the weapons to beat them. You dont make it this far and not be any good. However, no way Coach Mac let's this happen. The Panthers will be well prepared for this very good Raceland team. With that said, I think the Panthers will just be to much for the Rams Friday night. The Panthers are playing lights out right now and will take care of buisness and advance to the big showdown in Lexington. Since I'll have nothing to do Friday(Thanks Boyle County Lol) I'm going to be in the stands for this one. Good luck to both teams.

Pikeville 42
Raceland 24
Panther Pride Wrote:Not one to compare scores but since you mentioned it .......
Somerset Beat Lexington Christian 34-31. Pikeville Beat Lexington Christian 50-7. 🤷🏼*♂️

That score is meaningless because Somerset beat LCA 35-0 the first time time they played in the regular season. That just goes to show that anything can happen on any given night.
Orange Blaze Wrote:That score is meaningless because Somerset beat LCA 35-0 the first time time they played in the regular season. That just goes to show that anything can happen on any given night.
Which was the point Panther Pride was making because Ram A Devil was calling the Point Pleasant Loss a “bad” one for Pikeville solely because they lost big in the playoffs themselves Saturday. Point Pleasant was a very good team, one that would consistently be in the top tier teams in 1A in Ky and also a consistent top 5 2A team in Ky as well. We did not play particularly well on defense that night, but they also had a very good line, good QB and a good small RB who was very elusive. They just ran into a buzzsaw of a team comparable to the Boyles, good Belfry teams, etc. any Friday something can happen, that’s why they play the game on the field, not on paper.
Listen, as posters, we both love our teams but I can't see a lot of trash talking in this one basically because of the mutual respect. Pikeville is an awesome team and it will be a monumental task for us to win. However, we aren't chopped liver. I believe our schedule has prepared us for this type of game and we have been the underdog in several games and played only 5 Home games all year. We are battle tested and focus well on the road in a hostile environment. I also will say that I think our 2 teams represent two of the more hard-nosed clean teams in EKY and we love the challenge of playing each other. Whichever teams is victorious in this game, will represent the East well next week and the losing team will be supporting the other. I expect nothing but a hard-nosed competitive game and really will be shocked if it's a blowout.
Raceland fans are in for a shock Friday. This ain't last years Pikeville team.

I guess if Pikeville has a weakness it is their run defense? Teams have had some success running right at them but if you are down 3 scores it doesn't matter.
I figured out Racelands problem, the boys don’t hear real well , they’ve been told who’s gonna beat them all year , they was told you can win at Paintsville and now you cant win at pikeville but yet they keep showing up on Friday nights and winning there’s even parents on here saying how they are outmatched I wonder if they talk like that at home to their kids? News flash this Raceland team is pretty damn good , both pikeville and Raceland matchup well against each other , I will take mark Lewis over any coach in the state therefore I like Racelands chances . Offense wins games defense wins championships and this is a championship level game
2000PHS Wrote:Raceland fans are in for a shock Friday. This ain't last years Pikeville team.

I guess if Pikeville has a weakness it is their run defense? Teams have had some success running right at them but if you are down 3 scores it doesn't matter.

I honestly don't think we are in for a shock. We have Hudl and have seen what they do and what they are capable of. Question is, can we do anything to stop or slow them down? That will be answered on the field Friday. I know we will be prepared and have a game plan. As Nut just said, Coach Lewis is one of the best in the game. He helped lead Ironton to 2 State titles in Ohio and 4 other title game appearances and had their defense as tough as any from 1972-2005. And since he has been the DC the past 5 years, he has built up a pretty stout defense at Raceland. All of this said, doesn't mean Raceland will win but I will be shocked if we don't play well.
Two good teams and programs, I am not convinced that Raceland can score enough points to win, but if Pikeville turns it over it could be close if not Pikeville by 14...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guys are making me laugh....damn it’s funny how some fans can only see their team through homer glasses! This will be a very good game.For those who believe that Pikeville will blow Raceland out...well let’s just say you are showing your hate for the Rams and not evaluating these two teams at all.And for those who think that either has a chance against Beechwood....your delusional!
I think Ram Dad hit the nail on the head. Pikeville is an overhyped team that hasn't played any good competition in quite a few weeks. Raceland is a solid team this year and there is no reason to believe that this will be anything other than a very close game. The Rams can make it back to Kroger Field. Now after that, Beechwood is on another level than both of these teams...but no one has to worry about Beechwood until this game is settled.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You guys are making me laugh....damn it’s funny how some fans can only see their team through homer glasses! This will be a very good game.For those who believe that Pikeville will blow Raceland out...well let’s just say you are showing your hate for the Rams and not evaluating these two teams at all.And for those who think that either has a chance against Beechwood....your delusional!

No hate here for the Rams. This Paintsville fan considers both teams as a rival. It is just my honest opinion of the game. Paintsville played both, I've watched the film on both and it will take Racelands A+ game on offense and some turnovers from Pikeville to keep it close.

It ain't gonna hurt my feelings one bit if I am dead wrong!!
Ramdad50, LOL, tell us how you really feel. Somebody get him a Snickers. He ain't himself when he is hungry. Hahahahaha
sidelinedoc Wrote:Ramdad50, LOL, tell us how you really feel. Somebody get him a Snickers. He ain't himself when he is hungry. Hahahahaha

I’m fat...I’m always hungry hahaha
The reason that Paintsville was so tuff for the Rams to beat is because of their run defense.Sorry but Pikeville doesn’t have the run defense that Paintsville has! The Rams play pretty good good pass D and they are lights out against the run.Pikeville wins the special teams but just about every team the Rams play wins that category! This will be a good game to watch so all you Belfry fans need to come watch this one!
First I don’t think I have read where any Pikeville Fan said that this is going to be a blowout. Secondly Pikeville knows that Raceland is a very good team (and in my book the champs of the east) and this game is going to be nothing but a war. Sure their is some on here that predicts scores and has thoughts about this game one way or the other. The respect part runs deep for these two teams with wars in the past and I personally don’t see it being any different Friday night. Good luck to both teams and be thankful that these two are 2 of the 4 1A schools playing the day after Thanksgiving. Yes I want Pikeville to win but like one of the other posters said I will be for who ever comes out of the east in the State Championship just like I was last year. With all that said GO PANTHERS!!!
OldJacket Wrote:Two good teams and programs, I am not convinced that Raceland can score enough points to win, but if Pikeville turns it over it could be close if not Pikeville by 14...

OLDJACKET, not to get off the subject of this thread how did the young man that got hurt at Pikeville get. I was just worried about it, I hope he is alright
Patriot1 Wrote:First I don’t think I have read where any Pikeville Fan said that this is going to be a blowout. Secondly Pikeville knows that Raceland is a very good team (and in my book the champs of the east) and this game is going to be nothing but a war. Sure their is some on here that predicts scores and has thoughts about this game one way or the other. The respect part runs deep for these two teams with wars in the past and I personally don’t see it being any different Friday night. Good luck to both teams and be thankful that these two are 2 of the 4 1A schools playing the day after Thanksgiving. Yes I want Pikeville to win but like one of the other posters said I will be for who ever comes out of the east in the State Championship just like I was last year. With all that said GO PANTHERS!!!

I wouldn't claim him either, but Jet predicted 34-7. 😂
I think this game will be over at the half. Pikeville to the Championship has been set in stone since before the season started.

Halftime
Pikeville - 28
Raceland - 0

Final
Pikeville - 42
Raceland - 14
I guess we should just cancel this Game Friday and everyone get ready for Basketball season. Hell seems like they should go ahead and Crown Beechwood Friday. WTH !! No danger of any True panther fan disrespecting these Rams Nor looking past them. . Hell there no need to talk trash about these Rams. We will leave that to RamDad50.
Panther Pride Wrote:I guess we should just cancel this Game Friday and everyone get ready for Basketball season. Hell seems like they should go ahead and Crown Beechwood Friday. WTH !! No danger of any True panther fan disrespecting these Rams Nor looking past them. . Hell there no need to talk trash about these Rams. We will leave that to RamDad50.

Now your getting it.Just sit back and let me learn ya up!
Patriot1 Wrote:First I don’t think I have read where any Pikeville Fan said that this is going to be a blowout. Secondly Pikeville knows that Raceland is a very good team (and in my book the champs of the east) and this game is going to be nothing but a war. Sure their is some on here that predicts scores and has thoughts about this game one way or the other. The respect part runs deep for these two teams with wars in the past and I personally don’t see it being any different Friday night. Good luck to both teams and be thankful that these two are 2 of the 4 1A schools playing the day after Thanksgiving. Yes I want Pikeville to win but like one of the other posters said I will be for who ever comes out of the east in the State Championship just like I was last year. With all that said GO PANTHERS!!!

And yes Pat....your boy Jett is predicting a beat down
2000PHS Wrote:I wouldn't claim him either, but Jet predicted 34-7. 😂

Jet is Jet and he truly is a Pikeville Panthers #1 pilot, but sometimes we know he gets alittle high in altitude
RAMDAD50 Wrote:The reason that Paintsville was so tuff for the Rams to beat is because of their run defense.Sorry but Pikeville doesn’t have the run defense that Paintsville has! The Rams play pretty good good pass D and they are lights out against the run.Pikeville wins the special teams but just about every team the Rams play wins that category! This will be a good game to watch so all you Belfry fans need to come watch this one!
Not a prediction either way, just a look at the stats:

Raceland vs Paintsville game 1:

Raceland rushed for 146 yards vs Paintsvilles 117
Raceland passed for 42 yards vs Paintsvilles 154

Game 2:
Raceland rushed for 87 yard vs Paintsvilles 199
Raceland passed for 142 (54 on one play) vs 56 for Paintsville

Pikeville vs Paintsville:

Pikeville rushed for 266 vs Paintsvilles 182
Pikeville passed for 193 vs Paintsvilles 21.

I think, and this is just me spitballing here, Paintsville DID improve as the season went along. However, the rushing yards/defense look a little misleading due to Paintsvilles total inability to generate any offense through the air. They had to resort to QB keepers and tosses to McClurg, etc. Hyden had 27 rush for 98 yards, J. Allen had 9 for 37 yards, and McClurg had 12 for 31 yards. Completed 3 of 4 passes to account for their pass yards. Paintsville had a total of 58 rush plays with 3 players accounting for 48 of the carries.

So a lot needs to be taken into account by fans of both sides. Lots of times it is simply whatever you choose to give up. So if taking away the run, there's a tendency to yield more pass yards, and vice versa.

Either way it will be a great game between two outstanding teams.
Patriot1 Wrote:OLDJACKET, not to get off the subject of this thread how did the young man that got hurt at Pikeville get. I was just worried about it, I hope he is alright

As far as I know he’s fine, he’s at school this morning...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:As far as I know he’s fine, he’s at school this morning...
Outstanding! Answered prayers!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:The reason that Paintsville was so tuff for the Rams to beat is because of their run defense.Sorry but Pikeville doesn’t have the run defense that Paintsville has! The Rams play pretty good good pass D and they are lights out against the run.Pikeville wins the special teams but just about every team the Rams play wins that category! This will be a good game to watch so all you Belfry fans need to come watch this one!

I really think Pikeville defense has come along but this is going to be a stiff challenge especially since the Rams has a good passing attack now. Hope for a good one RAMDAD50 but we will let them play it out on the field but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
#55PirateFan Wrote:If Pikeville goes into Friday night looking ahead to a possible Beechwood matchup instead of looking at what's in front of them then theyll be very heartbroken Saturday morning because Raceland has the weapons to beat them. You dont make it this far and not be any good. However, no way Coach Mac let's this happen. The Panthers will be well prepared for this very good Raceland team. With that said, I think the Panthers will just be to much for the Rams Friday night. The Panthers are playing lights out right now and will take care of buisness and advance to the big showdown in Lexington. Since I'll have nothing to do Friday(Thanks Boyle County Lol) I'm going to be in the stands for this one. Good luck to both teams.

Pikeville 42
Raceland 24

Trust me when I tell you, after what happened last year and not just losing to Raceland but how we lost (Not talking about the officiating). There’s NOBODY involved with this program that will be looking past Raceland....BANK ON IT!!!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next