Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Johnson Central 11/23
Well I guess you would have to be stupid not to think he wasn't on here. Yes he is out of the rain playing his music. If the music is any part of us winning then we are in bad shape. Just turn it down is all I'm saying.
Budsqueezer Wrote:Better be careful fellas a certain poster on here just might be the sound guy @ JC field!!
You mean to tell me that there is a certain poster on here that doesn't have enough sense to get in out of the rain?
Budsqueezer Wrote:Better be careful fellas a certain poster on here just might be the sound guy @ JC field!!
Belfry never played music the fans are their motivator. Our players have no chance to here us for the stupid music. Hard to out do the big boom boxes on the poles. Maybe his play box will ground out. PRAY!!!!
baller55 Wrote:Belfry never played music the fans are their motivator. Our players have no chance to here us for the stupid music. Hard to out do the big boom boxes on the poles. Maybe his play box will ground out. PRAY!!!!

Or he'll stick his tongue in the socket and pretend he is a Christmas ornament.
That would be worth watching!
A certain poster on here hauled a professional & expensive sound system all the way to Wayne County last year because the band didn't make the trip..... come to think of it, the JC band didn't make the trip to Scott or Ashland last year during the playoffs. Nobody asked me to, but I did that because I love our team. The first time we scored at Wayne County last year in the semi's nobody was expecting to hear our fight song..... but somebody thought enough to make the 3+ hour trip to loaded down with sound equipment so our fans and cheerleaders could be more involved with the game, giving them the same effect the band would provide.

I admit the sound is too loud on certain occasions.... for that, I apologize. If somebody texts me (and they do) that I'm too loud, I adjust the volume.

For the record, I do know when to get out of the rain.... but if the situation needs me to be in the rain to get something done, consider my middle name Rain until the job gets done.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Gitback Coach Wrote:I would love to see K-N-O-X keep it close, but I have my doubts.

JCHS - 42
K-N-O-X - 7

Well now, my old buddy bobblehead. How's it been bro?..Did you get a text to tell you what to say?:biggrin:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:A certain poster on here hauled a professional & expensive sound system all the way to Wayne County last year because the band didn't make the trip..... come to think of it, the JC band didn't make the trip to Scott or Ashland last year during the playoffs. Nobody asked me to, but I did that because I love our team. The first time we scored at Wayne County last year in the semi's nobody was expecting to hear our fight song..... but somebody thought enough to make the 3+ hour trip to loaded down with sound equipment so our fans and cheerleaders could be more involved with the game, giving them the same effect the band would provide.

I admit the sound is too loud on certain occasions.... for that, I apologize. If somebody texts me (and they do) that I'm too loud, I adjust the volume.

For the record, I do know when to get out of the rain.... but if the situation needs me to be in the rain to get something done, consider my middle name Rain until the job gets done.

:Clap: :Cheerlead. Confusedinglepar. :rockon: :worthy: :Thumbs:

Nice job, Pulpy. I hope JC appreciates what you do. They are lucky to have you!
I really enjoy the music and sound bites...
I will be interested to see what kind of performance Knox Central can have! They seem to be the Cinderella of the playoffs so far! I do believe the clock strikes midnight in this game though.

I fully expect to see a threepeat match between Johnson Central and Franklin Simpson.

Johnson Central - 49

Knox Central - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Jc - 49
kc - 7
The music and sound bites are a little corny but that’s ok. They’re suppose to be lol. The music is actually pretty good for the most part. The only complaint I have is the same as everyone else I’ve spoken to at the JC home games. It’s that the music is just to darn loud. It’s so loud you can’t hear the person sitting one foot to either side of you. The selection is pretty good the volume not so much.
Outside of JC and FS 4A is very weak. Knox runs into a machine.
JC-50
KC-14
FS struggled to get to this round and Taylor County (12-1) will be the best 4A team that FS has faced yet. I am not convinced that the state title match-up between Franklin-Simpson is a done deal. My guess is that Franklin-Simpson is two touchdowns better than Taylor County but I won't be shocked if FS gets upset.

Knox has steadily improved this season and JC cannot afford a letdown this week. If JC continues to avoid turnovers, then the bus ride home will seem even longer than the trip to Paintsville. I think that the Golden Eagles will stay focused and win by 28+. Knox has had a good season but I would be shocked if they upset JC on the road.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:The music and sound bites are a little corny but that’s ok. They’re suppose to be lol. The music is actually pretty good for the most part. The only complaint I have is the same as everyone else I’ve spoken to at the JC home games. It’s that the music is just to darn loud. It’s so loud you can’t hear the person sitting one foot to either side of you. The selection is pretty good the volume not so much.
I agree that sometimes the volume is too high, but, sometimes not hearing the person next to me is a plus.... :biglmao:
Seky Wrote:Outside of JC and FS 4A is very weak. Knox runs into a machine.
JC-50
KC-14
FS reached the semifinal round by coming from behind to beat North Hopkins by 2 points. To shutdown the FS running game the way that they did, I wouldn't call North Hopkins very weak.
This one will be over before halftime. And this is in no way a knock or a sucker punch against these Knox kids. This Johnson Central team is the best team I've seen all year, maybe the last two years, and the best team my Pirates played. JC is one of the top 3-4 teams in the entire state, IMO. They win this one easily and I do believe they do the same at Kroger Field in a couple weeks. Good luck to both teams.

JC 56
KC 10
Bob Seger Wrote:Homefield advantage? There is nothing intimidating about blaring music that is so distorted that you cant even detect what the song is. And BTW, that didn't have the first thing to do with Vipperman....It was the electrifying pumped up Belfry crowd.

You're right Seger, I don't remember much about the sounds system at Vipperman but I do remember how intimidating Belfry fans were behind that visitor's sideline. That was in addition to the acoustics off the mountain ricocheting resulting in the crowd noise roaring in your ear. I like Belfry's new stadium but Vipperman was an experience in and of itself.
JC's opponents left in the post-season.
Capital, WV. is 11-1 and is playing this Friday in WV.'s Class 3A semi-finals. (JC lost 21-28)

Knox's opponents left in the post-season.
Corbin is 12-1 and is playing in the Class 3A semi-final vs. Boyle County. (Knox lost 14-28)
Alcoa, TN. is 13-0 and is in the Tennessee Div 1., Class 3A semi-finals. (Knox lost 14-50)
tcb!!!
Mcats10 Wrote:Very confident. The “last game” will be good for the Cats. Just like last years game with Collins. FS will win the 2018 title.

for sure.
Budsqueezer Wrote:Eagles name the score. No team matches up with them in 4a until next year!!
Confusednicker:
bball_fan Wrote:It's called home field advantage, people have to live with it. Remember old Vipperman Stadium at Belfry? It could be as loud as some college stadiums echoing off the mountains. If there was an issue with it, KHSAA would have stepped in LONG ago. Maybe other schools should follow their lead.

Yeah KHSAA always does the right things and takes care of all issues :biglmao:
Johnson Central will win with ease.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:The music and sound bites are a little corny but that’s ok. They’re suppose to be lol. The music is actually pretty good for the most part. The only complaint I have is the same as everyone else I’ve spoken to at the JC home games. It’s that the music is just to darn loud. It’s so loud you can’t hear the person sitting one foot to either side of you. The selection is pretty good the volume not so much.

Let's see if the music man listens to what everybody is trying to tell him...The volume deal is by choice and in defiance because I know for a fact that he has been told a million times, yet will not listen to anybody regardless of who it offends..On good account, (very good account) I have been told that a Johnson Central principal would turn the volume down prior to a game and the "music man" in defiance and for spite would turn it right back up...You would think that anybody with the first lick of sense could realize that paying fans are what pays the bills. Not just for football but for every other sport at the high school....It doesn't take a genius to figure out that reduced fans means reduced revenue....Of course when the objective is to make it "all about me, and aint nobody gonna tell me what to do", I DONT CARE comes into play.
JC has senior leadership in every positional group on the team, not too mention this is the 4th straight year that JC's senior class has had practice on Thanksgiving day. I don't see the seniors letting anybody over look Knox. Knox didn't win nine games and a regional championship by accident.
Well this Friday night would be nice if the players for once could hear the fans cheering for them. But someone has not enough since to turn the volume down. It would be so nice to get to state and not have to listen to music. This is embarrassing to the fans of JC.
Johnson Central is 8-1 vs good football teams. 1-1 vs really good teams.
Knox is 3-3 vs good teams. 0-2 vs really good teams.
I hear the sound guy is complete fool!!

Hahah. But even if he WAS I’d still love to have a guy with that kind of dedication brining that type of stuff to our games. Not to mention the time he puts in out of sight!