Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Coaching Staff 2019
Who will be on the coaching staff for the Colonels next season? Will they hire a top notch head man ,and give him full control to go out and pick his own staff?
pjdoug Wrote:Who will be on the coaching staff for the Colonels next season? Will they hire a top notch head man ,and give him full control to go out and pick his own staff?

Is Chappell officially gone
pjdoug Wrote:Who will be on the coaching staff for the Colonels next season? Will they hire a top notch head man ,and give him full control to go out and pick his own staff?

Is this breaking news or fake news :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:Is this breaking news or fake news :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Will you get on the wagon and bring some cousin recruits in?
pjdoug Wrote:Will they hire a top notch head man ,and give him full control to go out and pick his own staff?

Of course not unless you know somebody who’s top notch and a Siler cronie. Lawson isn’t gonna let anyone have full control look what happened with Frazier...
64SUR Wrote:Is this breaking news or fake news :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
I don’t think it’s fake news
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BobcatForever Wrote:Is Chappell officially gone

I don't know who will be in charge. I'm just asking questions Smile
OldJacket Wrote:I don’t think it’s fake news

I don't think so either Smile. I'd like to see the right thing happen for once.
chs crazy Wrote:Of course not unless you know somebody who’s top notch and a Siler cronie. Lawson isn’t gonna let anyone have full control look what happened with Frazier...

I never did see Siler play football. I guess he only likes round balls.
Is Chappel gone or not?
He shouldn't be, the guy has done a good job at Whitley. If one average season gets you out at a rural county school it just shows how bad things are at that school and there is no reasonable coach without political connections there that would want that job in that situation. Whitley was literally a couple points away from a district championship this year. What are the reasonable expectations there?

Pulaski struggled last year, should Hines have been let go? Haddix had a big 4 win season at Perry once upon a time, why would Corbin have hired such a coach? Average/bad seasons happen, it's high school football and usually those seasons have a lot more factors than just who is coaching.
I know something, it involved three meetings week before last and then a final meeting at The Cumberlands Chic-Fil-a. Wait till next Monday for it to become official.
E's Army Wrote:Is Chappel gone or not?

Go on campus and look for him. lol
DarthVader Wrote:He shouldn't be, the guy has done a good job at Whitley. If one average season gets you out at a rural county school it just shows how bad things are at that school and there is no reasonable coach without political connections there that would want that job in that situation. Whitley was literally a couple points away from a district championship this year. What are the reasonable expectations there?

Pulaski struggled last year, should Hines have been let go? Haddix had a big 4 win season at Perry once upon a time, why would Corbin have hired such a coach? Average/bad seasons happen, it's high school football and usually those seasons have a lot more factors than just who is coaching.

It’s not Chappel fault, its who they make him surround himself with. The new guy will not be a yes man, and I think he will be givin full control or else he would have taken the other job he was interviewing for.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:It’s not Chappel fault, its who they make him surround himself with. The new guy will not be a yes man, and I think he will be givin full control or else he would have taken the other job he was interviewing for.

Care to drop a hint? Or is this all just speculation at this point?
DarthVader Wrote:He shouldn't be, the guy has done a good job at Whitley. If one average season gets you out at a rural county school it just shows how bad things are at that school and there is no reasonable coach without political connections there that would want that job in that situation. Whitley was literally a couple points away from a district championship this year. What are the reasonable expectations there?

I wish Chappell nothing but the best. Everybody knows politics is a problem, and I agree that it's more than the coach, but some of you act like Whitley County should be satisfied with mediocrity. Hines is a bad comparison. he has been to a few state championship games.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't think so either Smile. I'd like to see the right thing happen for once.

As much as I don’t care for the individual, I look for Whitley to compensate him very well before he retires in a couple years. It is a great hire for Whitley if they are wanting to change the direction of the program. I would be willing to say they also get a couple real good players with the deal.
DarthVader Wrote:Care to drop a hint? Or is this all just speculation at this point?

What I have been told is second hand information from a first hand guy. It’s not my place to discuss it. Next Monday it SHOULD be official. As 64sure says mark it down. Whitley will be a team to watch out for next year with what they have returning and what he will bring with him.
pjdoug Wrote:I wish Chappell nothing but the best. Everybody knows politics is a problem, and I agree that it's more than the coach, but some of you act like Whitley County should be satisfied with mediocrity. Hines is a bad comparison. he has been to a few state championship games.

And he had exceptional talent those years as well. There always seems to be a strong correlation involving talent and coaches that goes to state title games. Switch Haddix and Chappell this year and there probably wouldn't have been a whole lot of change in either schools record. Just using those two as example, the same could be applied to most competent coaches in those situations.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:It’s not Chappel fault, its who they make him surround himself with. The new guy will not be a yes man, and I think he will be givin full control or else he would have taken the other job he was interviewing for.

I've always hoped they'd hire a top coach that won't put up with their BS :biglmao::biglmao:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:What I have been told is second hand information from a first hand guy. It’s not my place to discuss it. Next Monday it SHOULD be official. As 64sure says mark it down.

Gotcha, if Corbin gets upset this Friday night could that push the decision back? lol just speculating on my part!
pjdoug Wrote:I've always hoped they'd hire a top coach that won't put up with their BS :biglmao::biglmao:

Haha, then they would get rid of a top coach that won't put up with their ways of doing things is usually how that works.
DarthVader Wrote:Haha, then they would get rid of a top coach that won't put up with their ways of doing things is usually how that works.

I think they learnt more from the baseball hire than they have ever learnt at Whitley. It will be a outside staff
DarthVader Wrote:Haha, then they would get rid of a top coach that won't put up with their ways of doing things is usually how that works.
You didn't get my point. lol. An administration committed to winning is willing to give a good coach what he wants and step back and watch him build the program.
pjdoug Wrote:You didn't get my point. lol. An administration committed to winning is willing to give a good coach what he wants and step back and watch him build the program.

lol, there wouldn't be any BS on their part if they were committed to winning. I don't know the situation inside Whitley other than you guys on here but it sounds a lot deeper than a coaching situation. If state championships are their goal then there is A LOT of work to be done in more than just coaching. Can their principal keep out of it being a former coach himself?
DarthVader Wrote:And he had exceptional talent those years as well. There always seems to be a strong correlation involving talent and coaches that goes to state title games. Switch Haddix and Chappell this year and there probably wouldn't have been a whole lot of change in either schools record. Just using those two as example, the same could be applied to most competent coaches in those situations.

Some people like to make excuses . There is absolutely no reason that Whitley County should be a perennial loser to teams such as Bell County and Corbin. Don't even tell me that area has better athletes. The only thing they have that is different is administration and coaching.
DarthVader Wrote:lol, there wouldn't be any BS on their part if they were committed to winning. I don't know the situation inside Whitley other than you guys on here but it sounds a lot deeper than a coaching situation. If state championships are their goal then there is A LOT of work to be done in more than just coaching. Can their principal keep out of it being a former coach himself?

You are saying the same thing I just said and stating the obvious. You are giving me a headache so I'm through replying to you. lol
You're right! Let's agree to agree. Lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I think they learnt more from the baseball hire than they have ever learnt at Whitley. It will be a outside staff

I hope they used that model, because they got a great hire in baseball.
DarthVader Wrote:You're right! Let's agree to agree. Lol

I approve this message Confusednicker: :Thumbs::Thumbs: