Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
92.59%
Ashland
7.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Ashland @ #2 Johnson Central 10-19
Is it Friday yet , getting kinda of excited to travel over to the Eagle’s Nest 🦅 to watch some good ole Ky.High School Football ..
I think this game will be somewhat close. I'm going with Johnson Central by 14.
Ashland, you may have "Nightmares" on Elm Street..... but on Friday night, you're gonna meet the Michael Myers of Johnsonville!!!

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1539753791]

Not only is it homecoming.... but it's the night HE came home!!!!

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1539754003]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Central - 28
Ashland - 13

Close game for a while. Central wears down Ashland.
Roll call.... who is planning on being there Friday night?
me
Me...where I always am..on the 50...
I’ll be there
I'll be there also
Good Lord willing I will make the trip !!
I’ll be there. Hope both teams play great and there are no injuries. Think Ashland wins 28-24. We then get the return trip to Putnam for the region championship. (Hopefully)
Cant make the trip, but I'll be listening on iHeart radio.
Interesting game, I would not be surprised if Johnsonville wins going away
Ballbuster Wrote:I'll be there also

See you there. Up close and personal with the best view in the house.
THOMCAT Wrote:See you there. Up close and personal with the best view in the house.

Chain gang lol
Unfortunately I will miss this one. I’ll be in Ramland watching the other johnsonville team get smacked.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Unfortunately I will miss this one. I’ll be in Ramland watching the other johnsonville team get smacked.

As an Eagle fan, I say, "Smack Away!". lol
Ashland's favorite DodgeBall player.

[Image: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5B...z._V1_.jpg]
Ashland's favorite type of vehicle....

[Image: https://i0.wp.com/www.curbsideclassic.co...97-800.jpg]
Ashland's favorite article of clothing....

[Image: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...9kpvpL.jpg]
I swear this is not a photoshop....... how have I never seen this before?

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...MQlC-Xdotm]

[Image: https://photos.smugmug.com/Football-Stad...0000-L.jpg]
Simply can't see the kitty kats beating JC on the road. IMO, Ashland has been over ranked and overhyped all season. Central 44 Ashland 18
Ashland will come no where close to stopping JCs ground game. They may score some points but JC has their way with them in the end.
The game prep is almost over and the game is near. I see people constantly saying this Ashland team isn’t physical but I’m not sure where this is coming from. This is one of the most physical Ashland teams in the past several years and in my opinion the most physical team that has played in this series.

After watching a little film and gathering some intel on this year’s JC squad I’m questioning just how physical that they are. They seem to be no where near the team on the physicality level that they’ve been in the past. Now before you all jump me hear me out. Take a look the offensive backfield of Johnson Central. We all know that Jackson is a very physical back but the others seem a little soft and are constantly trying to bend the plays outside. Is Johnson Central becoming a more finesse team offensively?
On the defensive side of the ball I think that JC is tough up front but the linebackers and secondary people seem to shy away from contact. I noticed alot of arm tackles from those units which isn’t good with the types of backs that Ashland will run at them. This could mean a long night for JC.

I expect both sides will be packed to watch game one of two for both teams this year. This game has become the premier game in Northeast Kentucky and this first one won’t disappoint. I’m coming down a little early with some hopes for getting a good pregame meal. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good meal in Paintsville?
I'm going to try to make this one I'm going Central 35-21.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:The game prep is almost over and the game is near. I see people constantly saying this Ashland team isn’t physical but I’m not sure where this is coming from. This is one of the most physical Ashland teams in the past several years and in my opinion the most physical team that has played in this series.

After watching a little film and gathering some intel on this year’s JC squad I’m questioning just how physical that they are. They seem to be no where near the team on the physicality level that they’ve been in the past. Now before you all jump me hear me out. Take a look the offensive backfield of Johnson Central. We all know that Jackson is a very physical back but the others seem a little soft and are constantly trying to bend the plays outside. Is Johnson Central becoming a more finesse team offensively?
On the defensive side of the ball I think that JC is tough up front but the linebackers and secondary people seem to shy away from contact. I noticed alot of arm tackles from those units which isn’t good with the types of backs that Ashland will run at them. This could mean a long night for JC.

I expect both sides will be packed to watch game one of two for both teams this year. This game has become the premier game in Northeast Kentucky and this first one won’t disappoint. I’m coming down a little early with some hopes for getting a good pregame meal. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good meal in Paintsville?

If you’re trying to say Devin Johnson and Bryce Tacket are soft you’re way off. Jackson, Johnson, and Tacket are maybe the most physical back field in the state. Now they have 2 kids that are speed backs that try to get outside but after 35 carries from the big physical backs you have to have some speed backs to get around the edge. Johnson Central is a very very physical team. If you think they aren’t you’re mistaken.
JC 42

Ashland 21
fewfirstchoice Wrote:If you’re trying to say Devin Johnson and Bryce Tacket are soft you’re way off. Jackson, Johnson, and Tacket are maybe the most physical back field in the state. Now they have 2 kids that are speed backs that try to get outside but after 35 carries from the big physical backs you have to have some speed backs to get around the edge. Johnson Central is a very very physical team. If you think they aren’t you’re mistaken.
I totally agree! Very shocked by the comment about the line backing unit. I think everyone can agree that JC secondary play has been up and down. But the linebackers have been very solid and very physical. If people think Devin johnson, Bryce Tackett and Hunter McCloud aren’t physical then they are going to be in for a shock on Friday night.

Like you said concerning the running backs when you hand the ball off 35 times up the middle to Jackson, Johnson and Tackett you have to have to some hand offs utilizing your speed to the outside as well.
Im new on BGR but in my opinion if Ashland stops the running attack and prevents the outside runs and force JC to throw the ball we will be fine. Defense is the key to this game for the tomcats. If the defense dosent show up it will be a long night. This game could also be a track meet with Ashland's high powered offense and JCs running attack. Just gotta stop the run. Go Tomcats!
Have to go with the Eagles in this one , they are averaging a few more points per game against a tougher schedule in my opinion. The Eagles in 8 games averaging a little over 44 points and the Tomcats in 9 games averaging a little over 39 points .