CovCath - 35
Highlands - 21
Cov Cath by 20
Highlands will be very lucky to score 14
Cov Cath by 28.
You have my permission to kicked highlands butt Covington Catholic :Cheerlead

Covington Catholic 64
Highlands 14
For what it’s worth, common opponents: covcath 40 Ryle 7, Highlands 40 Ryle 3. Covcath 54 cooper 7, Highlands 36 cooper 7.
Cov Cath has beaten 3 teams that are better than the team Highlands lost to.
Cov.Cath takes this one 42-17 and proves they are the best team in Kentucky by beating a good Highlands team pretty easily.
If that’s the case in common scores. Cov Cath 54 Highlands 40? LOL
Or maybe Cov Cath 14 Highlands 0?
Beating Highlands won't prove they are the best team in Kentucky. This is not your Daddy's Highlands. Beating Male would prove they are the best team in Kentucky. I would love to see that game.
Cov cath shows off a little bit. 62-7.
Cov Cath wins with a running clock.
Only issue I have with FT Highlands is that parking is HORRIBLE. No where to park lol, but other than that what a great atmosphere for Friday Night Lights. Cov Cath has too many talent on their roster, Colonels 49- Bluebirds 28.
I just cant see how some think Highlands is going to score 21 to 28 points against Cov Cath
CovCath with running clock. If Coach Eviston can score 100 he will.
To even stand at chance Highlands has to play a 5/2 defense. And play kids both ways. Examples. Remember the Titans lol and in 2013 when Collins beat Highlands by playing their best players both ways in the 2nd half. You do what you have to do. Even if for just one game
bo67 Wrote:To even stand at chance Highlands has to play a 5/2 defense. And play kids both ways. Examples. Remember the Titans lol and in 2013 when Collins beat Highlands by playing their best players both ways in the 2nd half. You do what you have to do. Even if for just one game

I don’t think a 5/2 is the correct answer. That will equal long runs and over the top passing yardage.
Colonels are too much for the Birds 28-7.
Then you don’t know how to coach football. 3/5 doesn’t stop it. 5 Lbs won’t stop over the top. 3/5 will get you killed with a good running game. Reference Scott Co
If Highlands runs that 3/5 with those line splits. It opens up the entire Cov Cath playbook.
Cov catch is on another level. Big time blowout.
bo67 Wrote:If Highlands runs that 3/5 with those line splits. It opens up the entire Cov Cath playbook.

The versatility of a 4-3 defense would be their best bet in my option. Need guys to move around and make plays. Cov cath is hard to defend with their players and their coaching staff.
Yeah I’d take 4/3 over 3/5. I said 5/2 so they would close down those huge line splits. They can always use DE to help cover screens, flare psss and the flat. But first honor the run. They can also split the difference to the closest wide receiver to take away the quick slant. You can disguise any defense.
bo67 Wrote:Yeah I’d take 4/3 over 3/5. I said 5/2 so they would close down those huge line splits. They can always use DE to help cover screens, flare psss and the flat. But first honor the run. They can also split the difference to the closest wide receiver to take away the quick slant. You can disguise any defense.

I understand but I think Cov cath would torch a 5-3.
Cov Cath is going to torch whatever defense they throw out there. They cannot match up with Mayer, Coldiron, and McGinness.
I agree about the torching. Just trying to stop some bleeding. And I agree Highlands has no answer for their super stars
Covington Catholic wins convincingly.
bo67 Wrote:Then you don’t know how to coach football. 3/5 doesn’t stop it. 5 Lbs won’t stop over the top. 3/5 will get you killed with a good running game. Reference Scott Co

Highlands was able to stop some pretty good running games using the 3/5 defense from ‘07-‘12.