Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Lawrence County 10/12
The Pirates head to Louisa with the district championship on the line. Who ya got and why? Belfry is 6-1 overall and 2-0 in the district. LC is 5-3 and 2-0 in the district.
bucslover68 Wrote:The Pirates head to Louisa with the district championship on the line. Who ya got and why? Belfry is 6-1 overall and 2-0 in the district. LC is 5-3 and 2-0 in the district.

48-12. Belfry.

Belfry’s offensive is too potent for LC to get any consistent stops. Unless they turn Belfry over .....this game could get ugly quick. Additionally....this game will give the Belfry Defense another opportunity to see a quality back. However.......after playing Cabell Midland and Vaughn.....They’re not gonna see a back of his caliber until deep in the playoffs....if then.
Belfry 42-6
I’m just excited to see where they play Mounts this week. I heard there could be a few shuffled around. I just pray we can get our D lined out quickly
Belfry by 32
No love for Joe Jackson in couple of weeks ?
Belfry will roll if they hang on to the ball. I still remember that game 3 or 4 years ago when they fumbled a lot and made it close
Ballbuster Wrote:No love for Joe Jackson in couple of weeks ?

I think Jackson is great...but he’s not Vaughn. No disrespect intended.....but truth is truth. Doesn’t mean JC and Jackson won’t hurt Belfry....or even beat the Pirates....but IMO, Vaughn is the better back.
Belfry biggggggggg TongueirateSho

Belfry 49
Lawrence County 07
Patriot1 Wrote:Belfry will roll if they hang on to the ball. I still remember that game 3 or 4 years ago when they fumbled a lot and made it close

I remember it well! Lol
49-14 Belfry rolls and continues District dominance!
Belfry early and often.. JV will play a lot
Belfry improves to 7-1 and wins the District.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
56-14 bhs.
I'm surprised that more Lawrence Co folks haven't jumped into the fray on this game??
The Pirates win it by 28.
Realistically, I feel that LC is still about 2 years away from where we need to be before we can consistently pose a challenge to Belfry and other top tier teams. We are simply too one dimensional at the moment. At times throughout the season we have played excellent ball and can pose a threat to a lot of teams but other times we look terrible. It would take a lot of things to go our way to beat Belfry but they will certainly get our best shot. Go Dawgs!!
DAWG NATION21 Wrote:Realistically, I feel that LC is still about 2 years away from where we need to be before we can consistently pose a challenge to Belfry and other top tier teams. We are simply too one dimensional at the moment. At times throughout the season we have played excellent ball and can pose a threat to a lot of teams but other times we look terrible. It would take a lot of things to go our way to beat Belfry but they will certainly get our best shot. Go Dawgs!!

You know your team much better than I, but Belfry is about as one dimensional as it gets. They are very successful while doing so.
Westside Wrote:You know your team much better than I, but Belfry is about as one dimensional as it gets. They are very successful while doing so.

You are correct. They are indeed good at what they do. Within their one dimension Belfry is very dynamic and when they do pass it is very deadly. Just look at their season stats for proof.
Belfry is one dimensional in that they run it down your throat. But they run multiple players. Quarterback, fullback and tailbacks all get carries. It is not as if they line up in the I and run the same kid 35 times. Their fullback will pound you in the middle and their tailbacks will kill you in the edge and you have to worry about the quarterback keeping it for big plays. They stretch out defenses and
will drop a pass in there if you crowd the line. They always have a magician at quarterback who carries out fakes and seems to get the ball in the right kids hands. Their offense is much more complicated to defend than it appears at first look.
Westside Wrote:You know your team much better than I, but Belfry is about as one dimensional as it gets. They are very successful while doing so.
The thing about that is Belfry doesn’t throw the ball simply because they don’t need to. They have that option if the situation requires them to throw.

I imagine you haven’t watched them play this year?
Belfry-45
Lawrence county-12
Belfry will be all over #5 for LC. Belfry up big, fast!
Belfry Big.
I don’t see the bulldogs scoring more than two TDs all night, one of them might even be on the JV. Belfry On the other hand will use that speed in the backfield and score mostly at will. Running clock in this one.
Dawgs will need the touch of the football god in this one. I love my dawgs but we aren’t close to competing with teams like Belfry this year. We have to learn how to do things other than up the gut. Teams like Belfry can do this because they are so damn good at it and has a great defense. Nonetheless, can’t watch this game but hope we pull a miracle!