18) Southwestern
19) N. Hardin
20) Manual
21) Beechwood
22) Ashland
23) F. Simpson
24) S. Oldham
25) H. Clay

This is just one person's opinion, so, it's definitely up for debate. Thoughts?
No way DeSales is better than Boyle (neither is FDU). Last nights DeSales vs N Hardin game is proof.

And S Warren >>> BG
Highlands is very overrated. Scott County rolled to rushed for 225 yards and held Highlands' offense to only 22 yards in 21 minutes of a game that was called at halftime because of lightning. Aside from Covington Catholic, NEKY football is very weak this season. Highlands only lost to Scott County by a 28-7 score, but the Cardinals thoroughly dominated the Bluebirds in that game. Highlands' soft schedule has made them look much better than they are. Henry Clay's thrashing of Scott County last night should cause a big shakeup in the computer rankings and polls of Kentucky football, but based on the score, Highlands played a respectable game against Scott County.

Highlands would struggle to beat any team with a strong offensive line and a talented backfield. I wish Highlands was on Johnson Central's schedule this season. If Highlands was not playing up in 5A this season, I would probably rank them third or fourth in 4A.
I disagree. What did the N.Hardin game prove. Boyle won 21-14, Desales won 27-24. Pretty even in my book. Plus, I give Desales an advantage with better wins than what Boyle has. St X and Butler are 2 better wins than any Boyle has. I think they’re pretty even actually, but, schedule strength and quality wins is why I put Desales at 5
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I disagree. What did the N.Hardin game prove. Boyle won 21-14, Desales won 27-24. Pretty even in my book. Plus, I give Desales an advantage with better wins than what Boyle has. St X and Butler are 2 better wins than any Boyle has. I think they’re pretty even actually, but, schedule strength and quality wins is why I put Desales at 5

Boyle played without their best player. The game was never in doubt. NH never had a lead. 400+ yards of offense. 2 TDs called back. ALL IN THE MUD. NH had three plays that gained 80% of their total yards.

DeSales could not beat Boyle, especially on turf.
Henry Clay just handed Scott County their ass. How is Scott County ranked significantly higher?
E's Army Wrote:Henry Clay just handed Scott County their ass. How is Scott County ranked significantly higher?

Several holes in the rankings imo.
These are bad. Johnson Central is way too high. So is Franklin Simpson. No Anderson County? Ashland is too high. Boyle and DeSales both beat Douglass.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:1) Male
2) Covington Catholic
3) F. Douglas
4) Desales
5) Boyle Co.
6) B. Green
7) S, Warren
8) Mayfield
9) CAL
10) Butler
11) Scott Co.
12) St. X
13) J. Central
14) Trinity
15) Highlands
16) Belfry
17) Corbin
18) Southwestern
19) N. Hardin
20) Manual
21) Beechwood
22) Ashland
23) F. Simpson
24) S. Oldham
25) H. Clay

This is just one person's opinion, so, it's definitely up for debate. Thoughts?

1 Male
CovCath
Boyle Co
South Warren
5 Bowling Green
DeSales
Mayfield
St X
Frederick Douglass
10 CAL
Scott Co
Butler
Trinity
Belfry
15 North Hardin
Highlands
Johnson Central
Corbin
Beechwood
20 Ashland
Anderson Co
South Oldham
Southwestern
Henry Clay
25 Manual
FoSho Wrote:No way DeSales is better than Boyle (neither is FDU). Last nights DeSales vs N Hardin game is proof.

And S Warren >>> BG

How was it proof? The field was still in bad shape and DeSales put over 400 yards of offense too. Colts have played a much tougher schedule than Boyle. Not even close.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle played without their best player. The game was never in doubt. NH never had a lead. 400+ yards of offense. 2 TDs called back. ALL IN THE MUD. NH had three plays that gained 80% of their total yards.

I think it would be a pretty even game. All teams have dings and bangs this time of year and if Boyle is currently w/o a key player or 2 , then even more reason to have them a little lower.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle played without their best player. The game was never in doubt. NH never had a lead. 400+ yards of offense. 2 TDs called back. ALL IN THE MUD. NH had three plays that gained 80% of their total yards.

E's Army Wrote:Henry Clay just handed Scott County their ass. How is Scott County ranked significantly higher?

It's called an upset and these rankings are based on full body of work, not just one game. Scott went way down from #3 last week because of that loss, but, still deserve to be where they're at now.
BoyleCo Wrote:These are bad. Johnson Central is way too high. So is Franklin Simpson. No Anderson County? Ashland is too high. Boyle and DeSales both beat Douglass.

All JC has done is take care of business with 1 exception and that was to a Top ranked out of state team that they were very competitive in.. IMO, they're the clear #1 4a team and this ranking is pretty accurate.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:All JC has done is take care of business with 1 exception and that was to a Top ranked out of state team that they were very competitive in.. IMO, they're the clear #1 4a team and this ranking is pretty accurate.

When Anderson Co actually beats a team with more than a mild heartbeat, they'll start getting more consideration. This isn't the 1st team they've ever had that started out with a good record, only to be exposed when the competition got tougher. Not saying that is what's going to happen this year, but, they still have some proving to do for my liking.
ColtPride Wrote:How was it proof? The field was still in bad shape and DeSales put over 400 yards of offense too. Colts have played a much tougher schedule than Boyle. Not even close.

I really hope you get to find out next season.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:When Anderson Co actually beats a team with more than a mild heartbeat, they'll start getting more consideration. This isn't the 1st team they've ever had that started out with a good record, only to be exposed when the competition got tougher. Not saying that is what's going to happen this year, but, they still have some proving to do for my liking.

FDU has beaten nobody.

🙄
For someone that wants discussion you sure don't like it when obvious flaws are pointed out.
FoSho Wrote:I really hope you get to find out next season.

I think both DeSales and Cal will be just fine in 3A. I think we can handle ourselves.
This isn't a Boyle vs DeSales discussion. I think it's a close game, could go either way.
We only have 1 team that we need to beat next and that's CAL. CAL is is a solid team. It's going to take a great effort to beat them.
ColtPride Wrote:I think both DeSales and Cal will be just fine in 3A. I think we can handle ourselves.
This isn't a Boyle vs DeSales discussion. I think it's a close game, could go either way.
We only have 1 team that we need to beat next and that's CAL. CAL is is a solid team. It's going to take a great effort to beat them.

Rumors floating DeSales vs Boyle may happen next year. I know we already have CAL in a home and home.

Good luck this season.
BoyleCo Wrote:These are bad. Johnson Central is way too high. So is Franklin Simpson. No Anderson County? Ashland is too high. Boyle and DeSales both beat Douglass.

Boyle and Desales are not beating Douglas....period
Frank Martin Wrote:Boyle and Desales are not beating Douglas....period

Boyle would win by 2 TDs+ because we can match speed and skill and our coaching is LIGHT YEARS AHEAD.

Until FDU beats a good team, how can you be so sure?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Highlands is very overrated. Scott County rolled to rushed for 225 yards and held Highlands' offense to only 22 yards in 21 minutes of a game that was called at halftime because of lightning. Aside from Covington Catholic, NEKY football is very weak this season. Highlands only lost to Scott County by a 28-7 score, but the Cardinals thoroughly dominated the Bluebirds in that game. Highlands' soft schedule has made them look much better than they are. Henry Clay's thrashing of Scott County last night should cause a big shakeup in the computer rankings and polls of Kentucky football, but based on the score, Highlands played a respectable game against Scott County.

Highlands would struggle to beat any team with a strong offensive line and a talented backfield. I wish Highlands was on Johnson Central's schedule this season. If Highlands was not playing up in 5A this season, I would probably rank them third or fourth in 4A.

What’s JC record against the birds? I’m sure there are a lot of teams that would have liked the birds on their schedule the last 3 seasons. Has JC tried to schedule the birds in the last 15 seasons?
Frank Martin Wrote:Boyle and Desales are not beating Douglas....period

Since you have all the answers can you tell me what the winning lottery numbers are tonight?
FD needs to play somebody. I’d more than take Boyle and DeSales to beat them. Fayette County football is weak!
ColtPride Wrote:Since you have all the answers can you tell me what the winning lottery numbers are tonight?
FD needs to play somebody. I’d more than take Boyle and DeSales to beat them. Fayette County football is weak!

Ok tough guy. Unlike you I am an unbiased fan of high school football and not a homer. In my opinion FD is the better team. They are bigger, stronger, faster, significantly more athletic and equally coached when compared to Desales.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle would win by 2 TDs+ because we can match speed and skill and our coaching is LIGHT YEARS AHEAD.

Until FDU beats a good team, how can you be so sure?

IMO Boyle can't match the overall football speed (yeah I know you have track champs), can't match skill, can't match depth, and I believe the coaching is a lot closer than you think. Name the areas Boyle wins, e.g. O line, D Line, Receivers, running backs, etc..
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Highlands is very overrated. Scott County rolled to rushed for 225 yards and held Highlands' offense to only 22 yards in 21 minutes of a game that was called at halftime because of lightning. Aside from Covington Catholic, NEKY football is very weak this season. Highlands only lost to Scott County by a 28-7 score, but the Cardinals thoroughly dominated the Bluebirds in that game. Highlands' soft schedule has made them look much better than they are. Henry Clay's thrashing of Scott County last night should cause a big shakeup in the computer rankings and polls of Kentucky football, but based on the score, Highlands played a respectable game against Scott County.

Highlands does have troubles against bigger o lines. Biggest problem with highlands though is there offense. It causes the D to be on the field too much and gives other teams short field. Offense against SC killed highlands. The defense was doing fair until offense gave SC great field position (dropped TD pass,dropped first down pass, bad play calling). If I recall correctly SC started past midfield 4or5 straight times. Defense looked ok until that happened. Another possession sc was 4thand33 and baled out on a bad PI. So yes I think SC is better than hhs but that was one of those game everything went wrong. Both O and D have gotten better and if they made sc drive length of field the game would be a much better game.
frank martin Wrote:imo boyle can't match the overall football speed (yeah i know you have track champs), can't match skill, can't match depth, and i believe the coaching is a lot closer than you think. Name the areas boyle wins, e.g. O line, d line, receivers, running backs, etc..

😂😂😂
NKU
Win a few games and the arrogance come back out.

One than that we know for sure is you better watch Highlands early in the Playoff this year if you want to see them
Jack Lambert Wrote:😂😂😂

Ask Danville who they think is better homer.
Jack Lambert Wrote:😂😂😂

Name the matchups they win.