Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 21 Lawrence Co 6
Game was a lot closer than the score indicates. LC simply got outcoached. Keep your head up boys and get ready for next week.
Sad to dominate the game and still find a way to lose. Smh.
Gotta come out next week and forget about this one.
DAWG NATION21 Wrote:Sad to dominate the game and still find a way to lose. Smh.
Yeah. Only thing to blame this on is the coaching. LC has had a recent history of subpar coaching. It truly showed in this game.
Congrats to Paintsville.
I blame the 4 or 5 turnovers and 9 penalties. When you hold your opponent to only 4 first downs (all in the 1st quarter) you should win the game. Credit the tigers defense as well as lc’s. They made the plays they had to have. Very frustrating loss.
Congrats Tigers.
Lawrence seems to be up and down this season. They look good for some time and then have bad losses as well. Will the real Lawrence please stand up?
DAWG NATION21 Wrote:I blame the 4 or 5 turnovers and 9 penalties. When you hold your opponent to only 4 first downs (all in the 1st quarter) you should win the game. Credit the tigers defense as well as lc’s. They made the plays they had to have. Very frustrating loss.

How did Paintsville score?
Thought the Bulldogs should have won this one. Congrats Tigers.
Pretty sloppy game from both teams. Was probably closer than the score indicates. Hyden at QB for Paintsville looked legit with his running ability, which is not surprising since his father is probably the best RB to ever play at Prestonsburg. If he keeps improving his throwing abilities with experience then the tigers will be a force to be reckoned with until he graduates. Lots of playmakers on that tiger D as well.
Scored 2 tds on a short run and a pass in the 1st q. Scored again with bout 20 seconds left in the game. Lc has 2 or 3 fumbles and threw 2 interceptions.
Lc is light years better on defense tho. They are better, they just gotta learn to win. The fumbles killed the Dawgs in the 4th. It would help if we had just a few pass catches a game. Congrats to the tigers. The future does look really good for lc. Youth league is doing good and the middle school team is something to watch.
DAWG NATION21 Wrote:Sad to dominate the game and still find a way to lose. Smh.

Must have watched a different game than I did. Lawrence did not dominate. I actually never felt like Lawrence was a threat to beat Paintsville after they jumped out 14-0. What I saw was a good defensive battle. For Lawrence to improve some besides West is going to have to step up on the offensive side of the ball
Tigers are well coached and have a good group of athletes. They will be dangerous in November.
I watched the game where lc held paintsville to 0 first downs for about 3 and a half quarters and grounded out around 15 or so of their own only to fumble the ball away again and again when they got down close to scoring. What game did you watch?
Congratulations to Paintsville
DAWG NATION21 Wrote:I watched the game where lc held paintsville to 0 first downs for about 3 and a half quarters and grounded out around 15 or so of their own only to fumble the ball away again and again when they got down close to scoring. What game did you watch?

I watched a game that Paintsville never trailed.
Win is a win.
E's Army Wrote:Tigers are well coached and have a good group of athletes. They will be dangerous in November.

I agree, I was impressed with Paintsville when I watched the replay of their game at Pikeville. They appeared to be a pretty physical team(though their emotions did get the best of them in the 2nd half) and they definitely have some good talent on both sides of the ball. I look for them to be a very tough out come November and if they play a great game and the ball bounces their way so too speak they could definitely pull a upset or two deep in the playoffs.
Way to go Tigers!
In the pound Wrote:Lc is light years better on defense tho. They are better, they just gotta learn to win. The fumbles killed the Dawgs in the 4th. It would help if we had just a few pass catches a game. Congrats to the tigers. The future does look really good for lc. Youth league is doing good and the middle school team is something to watch.

Exactly this! People who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground are claiming things like sub par coaching and Lawrence is down worse then they have been in years have no idea what is really going on behind the scenes. It takes a few years to build a team and program from mediocre to competitive and consistent with the best teams around. It starts from the ground up with youth league and middle school. You got to get your feeder teams going and get the right people in place. It takes way more then X's and O's to have a successful program and coach Short knows this because he saw it with his own eyes when he was a player under coach Williams and staff. That is the only time this program has ever been ran correctly and the results on the field showed that but the people who are old enough to remember like me remember the tough years when coach Williams was still building before we blew up. The Timmy's and Joe's are about to catch up with his X's and O's for coach Short in the next few seasons and your going to start seeing larger numbered better coached groups of freshman each year. Im telling you in the next few seasons all the doubters are going to be singing his praises when we blow up into one of the top programs in the Mountain area again.
Trust me people It's no coincidence that the top varsity programs like Belfry or Johnson central or Pikeville also have a lot of success in youth league and middle school. I also remember the first few years under coach Williams struggling to even stay above 500. The doubters came crawling from the woodwork saying things like mediocre and poor coaching and look what happened. Coach Williams came in and built this program from the ground up. He got the right people in place in the youth league and middle school and a few years latter you started seeing higher numbered better coached fundamentaly sound groups of freshman coming through and the next thing you knew we were the top program in the Mountain area.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Trust me people It's no coincidence that the top varsity programs like Belfry or Johnson central or Pikeville also have a lot of success in youth league and middle school. I also remember the first few years under coach Williams struggling to even stay above 500. The doubters came crawling from the woodwork saying things like mediocre and poor coaching and look what happened. Coach Williams came in and built this program from the ground up. He got the right people in place in the youth league and middle school and a few years latter you started seeing higher numbered better coached fundamentaly sound groups of freshman coming through and the next thing you knew we were the top program in the Mountain area.

Double gg......where does LC fall next year in the new realignment? 3A? 4A? District?
District 8- Belfry, Floyd Central, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Pike County Centra
Solid win for Paintsville.. Congrats !!