Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 41 North Laurel 0
Final.
Way to go Jumpers!
Jumpers now down three of their best players in Grundy, Zaragoza, and now Stayton after he went down tonight with what appeared to be an ankle sprain early in the first quarter. The rest of the Jumpers responded well, particularly Miller, Ellison, and Sheron by making plays on offense. Moving forward though, we will need those guys back if we hope to have a say in how 2A shakes out.
Congrats to Bunnies.
Statement win by the Jumpers! Congratulations!!!
RoShamBo Wrote:Jumpers now down three of their best players in Grundy, Zaragoza, and now Stayton after he went down tonight with what appeared to be an ankle sprain early in the first quarter. The rest of the Jumpers responded well, particularly Miller, Ellison, and Sheron by making plays on offense. Moving forward though, we will need those guys back if we hope to have a say in how 2A shakes out.

How long are they out? I hate to see the injuries.
Granny Bear Wrote:Statement win by the Jumpers! Congratulations!!!

They are too strong in the trenches. North Laurel is too young there.
Way to go Somerset!!!

Can you say K.A.R.M.A.
Congrats Somerset! Boy that 5a district with North,Whitley,Harlan,Perry, and Letcher is wide open imo.
Hope all Bunnies are healthy for district play.
pjdoug Wrote:How long are they out? I hate to see the injuries.

Zaragoza is out for the year from what I've heard. Stayton is too early to know. It will surprise me if we see Grundy before the Danville game, if at all.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Congrats Somerset! Boy that 5a district with North,Whitley,Harlan,Perry, and Letcher is wide open imo.

You accidentally typed "wide open" instead of "really bad". Lol.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Zaragoza is out for the year from what I've heard. Stayton is too early to know. It will surprise me if we see Grundy before the Danville game, if at all.

Yeah Zaragoza is done for the year. No word on Stayton yet, they said they thought it was just a high ankle sprain but I'm sure they'll get an x-ray to make sure it's not a break.

The big question mark is Grundy. It wouldn't surprise me to see him back for district play, but it also wouldn't surprise me if we never saw him on the football field again. I hope the former is the case.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:You accidentally typed "wide open" instead of "really bad". Lol.

Idc if it’s really bad or wide open or what I’d love for Perry Central to win it lol
billsizemore63 Wrote:Idc if it’s really bad or wide open or what I’d love for Perry Central to win it lol

I've not watched Letcher, but outside of them I'd pick Perry.
Somerset will play NL in 5 A but not SW or Pc. Lol smh
I saw in the paper where it was SW and PC that refused. SW refuses to play Somerset in ANYTHING.
You sir are correct. People who stir-----ought to have to lick the spoon. Great job Jumpers.